sean

What are you listening to?

English and Japanese versions back to back for comparison for "Lifelight". 

Colours weave into a spire of flame,
Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed,
Bear this torch against the cold of the night,
Search your soul and reawaken the undying light.

On that day when the sky fell away,
Our world came to an end.
In our eyes did a fading sun rise in the dark glimmering shadows.
Silence grows in the spaces between,
Stretching out beyond time.
Rising up as a chorus of souls find a voice flickering through the void.
These little sparks cling on to life,
Everyone caught in the struggle.
And then the storms of change, they fan the flames scattering ashes to the wind.

Every soul contains a whisper of light,
Gleaming faintly as it dwindles from sight.
No escape, no greater fate to be made,
In the end the chains of time will not break.
Search your soul and reawaken the undying light.

As fate spins a thread without end,
New life draws its first breath.
Blossoming in a soil reclaimed from the past,
Where destiny holds fast.
Here where we stand hand clenched in hand,
Everyone caught in the struggle,
This is the day we finally find our way stepping into our tomorrow.

Growing louder as it calls to unite.
From the distance sings a chorus of souls,
Rising slowly, stirring heat from the coals.
Light will guide you on your way to the ultimate fight.

Growing louder as it calls to unite.
From the distance sings a chorus of souls,
Rising slowly, stirring heat from the coals.
Light will guide you on your way to the ultimate fight.

• Like 1

Speer's lyrical guitar, DJ's uncanny pocket and Ms Lee's inspired languid bass.

Effortless Coalescing of Three Complimentary Forces...

Woven into liquid light for my ears.

I hear Ms Lee and Sir Speer host regular live Friday night sessions via facebook where they spin and share whatever their recent favorite musical acquisitions happen to be.  That just might be worth signing up for FB to experience.

• Like 1

Nungali, yueya and everyone (including all life) down there are on my mind.

7 hours ago, Nintendao said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

source.gif

“No one can stop the charms of a Mario.”

Haters gonna hate—loved that movie as a kid.

• Like 1

Internet:  So which instruments will you be using in this set?

FKJ & Masego:  Yes.

Masego:  but... I'mma definitely start with the passport though...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AngelsView said:

Fingers crossed here goes my first post. Tried to pick a benign location lol. 

Disco !  ? 

Oh well,   why not .

Here is my fav disco     (ya gotta have the right visuals to it  thought )  ;

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

Me ?  ...    an over thinker   ????.  . . . .    NAAAAH  !

I do like Tool though .   Have you noticed that in their song Schism the  use of uncommon time signatures and the frequency of its meter changes. The song alters meter 47 times. The song begins with two bars of 54   followed by one bar of 44, followed by bars of alternating 58 and 78, until the first interlude, which consists of alternating bars of 68 and 78. The following verse exhibits a similar pattern to the first, alternating bars of 58 and 78. The next section is four bars of 64 followed by one bar of 118. This takes the song back into alternating 58 and 78. Another 68 and 78 section follows, and after this the song goes into repeating bars of 58 and 98. The section ends with the music hanging suspended over a bar of 98.. The middle section is subsequently introduced at 3:29, maintaining a group of three bars of 68 then one of 98 until 5:02. Then a series of 84, 104, 84, 84, then 98 heading into "Between supposed lovers..." which is a three bar group of 98, 108 and 98, played twice. It breaks down with a measure of 138 then 98. 58 then 98 repeats 3 times then 58 and 68 once. The signature riff takes over again, 58 then 78. The final riff is 88.

( Although the band has referred to the time signature as 6 128. )

Spoiler

;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Me ?  ...    an over thinker   ????.  . . . .    NAAAAH  !

I do like Tool though .   Have you noticed that in their song Schism the  use of uncommon time signatures and the frequency of its meter changes. The song alters meter 47 times. The song begins with two bars of 54   followed by one bar of 44, followed by bars of alternating 58 and 78, until the first interlude, which consists of alternating bars of 68 and 78. The following verse exhibits a similar pattern to the first, alternating bars of 58 and 78. The next section is four bars of 64 followed by one bar of 118. This takes the song back into alternating 58 and 78. Another 68 and 78 section follows, and after this the song goes into repeating bars of 58 and 98. The section ends with the music hanging suspended over a bar of 98.. The middle section is subsequently introduced at 3:29, maintaining a group of three bars of 68 then one of 98 until 5:02. Then a series of 84, 104, 84, 84, then 98 heading into "Between supposed lovers..." which is a three bar group of 98, 108 and 98, played twice. It breaks down with a measure of 138 then 98. 58 then 98 repeats 3 times then 58 and 68 once. The signature riff takes over again, 58 then 78. The final riff is 88.

( Although the band has referred to the time signature as 6 128. )

Hide contents

;)

I love how the rearranged track order of this album based off of Fibonacci's sequence enhanced the theme of the spiral in the album, and makes the flow of the album even better. 

Ah, the days of concept albums and CDs before we became a singles-oriented digital download market...but hey, I heard CDs are coming back along with vinyl because people are sick of how they don't "own" the music anymore with how Amazon and Apple delete songs remotely (just like e-books)!

Poo poo on that stuff !    I still go CD.    They are trying to suppress my CD freedom and always trying to get me to convert, but HELL no !

My  young German Eurobeat ' Let's make a party',  neighbour is often fiddling with his  phone and remote speaker thingo .  He ogten cant get the music he wants or find a request or cant look up something unfamiliar, or etc .     Fiddling around , no music or bad music .... way to kill the party dude !

I did get a remote speaker for the lap top but cant get it to connect   :angry: .

I  might do what I did before ; a small CD player, connected to a huge car boot amplifier rigged up to my 12v system and two huge old school speakers either end of the verandah / party room . ... have to turn it down a bit, people complained they could hear it down at the river swimming hole   :) 

But I know they will try to suppress all that  and make CDs defunct , and try to force people into their system  ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCM0Ahh-7vIilkZEDTXYW

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Poo poo on that stuff !    I still go CD.    They are trying to suppress my CD freedom and always trying to get me to convert, but HELL no !

My  young German Eurobeat ' Let's make a party',  neighbour is often fiddling with his  phone and remote speaker thingo .  He ogten cant get the music he wants or find a request or cant look up something unfamiliar, or etc .     Fiddling around , no music or bad music .... way to kill the party dude !

I did get a remote speaker for the lap top but cant get it to connect   :angry: .

I  might do what I did before ; a small CD player, connected to a huge car boot amplifier rigged up to my 12v system and two huge old school speakers either end of the verandah / party room . ... have to turn it down a bit, people complained they could hear it down at the river swimming hole   :) 

But I know they will try to suppress all that  and make CDs defunct , and try to force people into their system  ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCM0Ahh-7vIilkZEDTXYW

I love sharing music with friends from abroad digitally and finding what is out of print, but I was the guy who would burn music onto CDs because I could lose all that, and I did once when someone stole my hard drive! 

...I'm not sure how I feel about cassettes coming back though...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I love sharing music with friends from abroad digitally and finding what is out of print, but I was the guy who would burn music onto CDs because I could lose all that, and I did once when someone stole my hard drive! 

...I'm not sure how I feel about cassettes coming back though...

Oh GAWD !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcEdRBbcvLeUiX698J-d3

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh GAWD !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcEdRBbcvLeUiX698J-d3

This is also referenced from the Japanese Ring series: the cursed VHS tape can't be played anymore, so someone has to go to a junk shop to buy the player, then someone copies it to a CD-ROM, and then someone uploads it to the Internet!

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TechnologyMarchesOn

My Apple Story

One day Apple deleted in the neighborhood of 8,000 tracks of mine in the early 2000's.  Individual stuff, unique tracks, gifts that can never be returned or resalvaged... Apple deleted them from my hard drive because they did not recognize the tracks in their catalogue and assumed I must have napster/stole them.  So they, being the good parents/corporation that they are, decided they should delete them from my hard drive one fine day when I synched up my ipod.  I was unaware at first.  Then when I realized my track count was way off, I thought it was a faulty hard drive on my end... yeeeears later I read a random article describing how Apple settled a class action law suit over the illegal deleting of unrecognized files off of user's personal drives.

The tracks I lost were irreplaceable.  I have friends who are and were (then) big time international dj types (Tenaglia, Digweed, Sasha, Borali) and I received a steady stream of fresh tracks from their sets as I was not able to travel then (unfunctional foot had me locked in a chair for a couple years).  I had at that time, stuck in a chair, burned and catalogued all my cd's and tapes to digital and relegated all the cd's to boxes in the closet, so my entire collection was on hard drives.  They deleted a host of my purchased tape music as well, but this was recoverable, just took time to redigitize it from the tapes.

My rage and pain when I discovered my backup hard drive was non-functional and all those unique sets were lost was staggering.  Still bites a bit almost twenty years later.

I smashed the ipods I owned with a single jack, uninstalled itunes and will never purchase another Apple product in the remainder of my life.

The End...

p.s. ( at least i'm not bitter about it )

On that note... I'mma get remarried to Coyote Woman

• Sad 2