sean

What are you listening to?

On 5/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, dawei said:

and then...

oufffff, Jedi mind always puts me in the mood for some groovy rounds on the heavy bag. You've gotta love vinnie paz. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 12:13 AM, silent thunder said:

this one just pierces right through me

one of the best live performances I have seen to date : - ) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyoji said:

one of the best live performances I have seen to date : - ) 

I bet! 

I've yet to catch him live.  I'd like to see him on a bill with Franti & Spearhead, that'd be the ish.

Just found Nahko Bear and Medicine Tribe recently. 

His voice, a potent authority for such a young one.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I bet! 

I've yet to catch him live.  I'd like to see him on a bill with Franti & Spearhead, that'd be the ish.

That would be quite the show!

He told a story before playing burn one down about an experience he had whilst touring Brazil and it was pretty hilarious. Ben was walking through the streets of Brazil and a bunch of kids probably around the age of 10 started singing his song with my own two hands at him because they had recognized him and admired his music. He explained how overjoyed he was, and since it is a very positive and uplifting song ( like a lot of his music is ) he felt like in some way he had made a positive impact on these youngins lives.... That`s when they transitioned into serenading him with the song burn one down , and that nice moment he was having turned into an experience of mild shame for exposing children to a song about smoking pot :lol: 

Not that they hadn`t already, or wouldn`t have eventually discovered marijuana, but it was a funny story leading into that song nonetheless. Then the place got real skunky, real fast.

Edited by kyoji
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

I love Autechre!  It's been so long since they were on my radar... thank you for the reminder!

(First encountered them in the soundtrack of the movie Pi, which both the soundtrack and the film blew my mind wide open.)   

14 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I love Autechre!  It's been so long since they were on my radar... thank you for the reminder!

(First encountered them in the soundtrack of the movie Pi, which both the soundtrack and the film blew my mind wide open.)   

It seems we have similar interests in a few areas. :ph34r: I grew up with the Warp label, as a raver and clubber back in the day with Nightmares on Wax, LFO etc, and then with more IDM stuff like Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Autechre etc. 

• Like 1

The pinnacle of ambient electronic music. Absolutely terrifying and extremely unsettling. Dark and creepy in places and uplifting in others. I've yet to hear a better piece in this genre.

• Thanks 1