sean

What are you listening to?

I used to tend bar in Greenwich Village, NYC back in the 90's.

Saturday/Sunday were Jazz Brunch.  That was my introduction to jazz.

Three piece band, piano, sax and bass.  Joel Forrester wherever you are... thanks mate.

Recently Arild Andersen has come on my radar, he's my current flavor of the month.

Guess even pale skinned norse can have some rhythm somewhere in em.

• Like 1

It's an Einaudi kind of morning, so this is on repeat.

Not often is the southern california sky filled with big wonderful clouds, but this morning the sky looks like this sounds to me.

• Like 2

As the years have gone by, music seems to have played an ever decreasing role in my life. I have been reading "Why Dylan Matters" and it has rekindled something in me . I have just bought five Bob Dylan CD's and am enjoying myself.

• Like 2

Dylan was raised in the Iron range in Minnesota, not far from where I grew up. 

Tough place to grow up.  Harsh.

He once said of his youth... I ran away 17 times, they brought me back 16.

A workmate friend of mine toured with him in the 80's.  He said Dylan was extremely private and so reclusive, he almost never spoke a word to anyone, nor came out to engage with others except to convey set lists and then walk on stage.

Still waters run deep.

What a wonderful poet, thanks for the reminder, haven't listened to him in too long.

• Like 1

Saturday has always been chore day. Back in the day,  Mom used to fire up the stereo with Perez Prado and Sarah Vaughn to help the chores along. These days I fire up Outlaw music. Oops, laundry is calling ...

• Like 1

Nice one!

My Mom had one of those awesome solid Walnut console stereos built in the 60's (man they had great resonance) and an extensive record collection.  She loved to fire that thing up loud and dance around while she cleaned the house on Saturdays.  Roger Whittaker, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Ferrante and Teischer, Tchaichovski, Kenny Rogers and Charlie Pride come to mind as routinely shaking our walls with the bass on full.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

This album cover... such an impact it had on me.

Yeah, me too. That and my dad's Julie London albums. ;)

• Haha 1

Ry y Flaco  ... Y el group mas bueno.

Edited by OldDog
credit
  • Like 2