sean

What are you listening to?

On 10/6/2018 at 10:11 AM, OldDog said:

Yeah, I've seen that. Digital never really lived up to its hyped expectation, imho.

Something that has contributed greatly ... again, imho ... is the decline in musicianship. Until there is a renaissance in musicianship, there won't be a need for quality vinyl recordings ... or a need to have digital live up to potential.

Just sayin.

i actually work at an audio/ video store ( sunrise records ) and our store has been doing really well with vinyl sales!! It is slowly but surely coming back i think. Just got in a big ol' box of used records last week and we got some real goodies. The box smelt old and musty and it was the highlight of my work week. I can't afford em and have been collecting CD's since i was a youngin' (i'm only 22) , but i do appreciate the complete sound that vinyl offers.

• Like 1

That's an old instrument Patrick.  Player Pianos still operate on the concept.

But it's neat that the guy brought it back for people to see.

I went back to Country music this morning.  Then the song above by Colter Wall reminded me of this:

Spoiler

No, it's not in my collection.

• Like 1

Who doesn't love this guy even if he has lost a few marbles?! I'm really enjoying watching him create the new version of his machine which should, fingers crossed, be finished by the end of the year. He does weekly updates so it's worth subscribing to his channel to watch it all come together.  

• Like 2

Love guitar music ... any genre. Here is an offering from a very gifted guitarist Yang Xuefei

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No tour of country music would be complete without an offering from Ray Price. He rises to almost deity status down here. He set the standard.

• Like 1