sean

What are you listening to?

I finally got done with the Celtic music collection.  I am presently listening to the play list on my media player.  It's better to just listen than it is to do all the editing, converting and file work.

29 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

It's better to just listen than it is to do all the editing, converting and file work.

I dunno. Back in the day of cassette tapes, I would grab a bottle of my favorite beverage spread out all the vinyl on the floor and spend 3-4 hours recording my playlist on cassette. Lotta fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OldDog said:

I dunno. Back in the day of cassette tapes, I would grab a bottle of my favorite beverage spread out all the vinyl on the floor and spend 3-4 hours recording my playlist on cassette. Lotta fun.

Yeah, I remember doing the same thing.  I still have many of the cassettes from those days.  Couldn't fine it in my heart to throw them away.

But then, I still have my cassette player so I could play any of them any time I wanted to.

• Like 1

RE:  Dukes of Dixieland

If you check I'm sure you will see many similarities between Dixieland Jazz and Jewish Klezmer music.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

RE:  Dukes of Dixieland

If you check I'm sure you will see many similarities between Dixieland Jazz and Jewish Klezmer music.

THE CLARINET (B GOODMAN)

• Like 1

Yes, I always liked The Hollies.  They did some great music.  I just looked and according to Wiki the Group is still together and performing.

Re: Skyliners

Reminded me of Manhattan Transfer because it seemed a little jazzy over doo wop. MT while decidedly jazz vocal did reach into doo wop at least once. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldDog said:

Re: Skyliners

Reminded me of Manhattan Transfer because it seemed a little jazzy over doo wop. MT while decidedly jazz vocal did reach into doo wop at least once. 

MT is unknown to me but yes, that's a DooWop song.

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

MT is unknown to me

Really?! Thought everyone knew Manhattan Transfer. They were really big in early 70's ... still going. Sang mostly jazzed up pop standards. Outstanding jazz vocals. Fun stuff. Joe Bob says check em out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldDog said:

Really?! Thought everyone knew Manhattan Transfer. They were really big in early 70's ... still going. Sang mostly jazzed up pop standards. Outstanding jazz vocals. Fun stuff. Joe Bob says check em out.

I was in Germany and Italy during the early 1970s.  I guess they never got popular over there.

I'll check them out later.  But as you stated, they are a Jazz group and as I have already stated, I am not a person who appreciates Jazz so my expectations are rather low.

Yes. I know that group, I know the song, and I've seen the Witch Queen of New Orleans.  Never got to touch her though.

• Haha 2