sean

What are you listening to?

40 minutes ago, Marblehead said:
  Hide contents

video not working and I was looking forward to it.

Edited by moment

4 hours ago, moment said:

video not working and I was looking forward to it.

I think I have to accept responsibility for it not working although I have no idea what I did wrong.

I will post another of Jack Dupree.  He is one of the core blues men.

Spoiler

• Like 1

I'm listening to birds chirping, and my cat, she's......snoring??? :lol:  candidate for top 10 cutest things ever :wub:

I tend to not listen to music much at all.  If there's music here, its because I'm playing it.  In my car, music just gets in the way of my connection to my vehicle.  I never even put the radio back in one of 'em :lol: 

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, joeblast said:

I'm listening to birds chirping, and my cat, she's......snoring??? :lol:  candidate for top 10 cutest things ever :wub:

I tend to not listen to music much at all.  If there's music here, its because I'm playing it.  In my car, music just gets in the way of my connection to my vehicle.  I never even put the radio back in one of 'em :lol: 

Well, in that case, since you are here, I will offer you a song:

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Because when you take a long a gruelling journey, then you earn your food, and you sing with a big heart.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

Stan Rogers was a great folk musician. Sad that he passed so young but his music survives on streaming sites. Folk traditions are not very popular these days. A shame because they have a lot to teach about history and heritage. 

@rideforever  Great post. Thanks!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OldDog said:

Stan Rogers was a great folk musician. Sad that he passed so young but his music survives on streaming sites. Folk traditions are not very popular these days. A shame because they have a lot to teach about history and heritage. 

@rideforever  Great post. Thanks!

Yeah well growing up in Central London in the 80s of course I know a lot about Canadian Maritime folk history !!!

Anyway love this kind of music because it is Real it represents the real history of real people on this planet, their journeys and struggles, and their hope.

Strangely I can whistle very well, always could, as I walk down the street.   It's just me, and a few rare old men.   In the days of the cold mines (know a lot about that as well !!!)  it was different, many people whistled on their way to work.

Nothing finer than coming to the end of a day of hard man's work.   Then you know why you are alive.

aaaa.jpg

• Like 1

Been missing my pack members... strewn out as they are across the globe.

Some whom I've never even met in the flesh, but have come to know as kindred here at this digital watering hole.

it would be so great to see your face at my door...

• Like 4

On a rare gold Gibson les paul

With p90 single coil pickups.

From wiki on p90 :

In 1968, Gibson reissued the original, single-cutaway Les Paul, one version being a Goldtop with P-90 pickups. 

• Like 1

Nice. I have an original Les Paul, a sunburst, did have a mod to add a wawa bar back in the early 70s. My 18th birthday present, back when I used to live & breathe that stuff. :-)  RC