sean

What are you listening to?

Y'all need to check this out. It's a long concert but about 85 min into it is a phenomenal bit of guitar work by Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks, lasts 20+ minutes. Whole concert is great but Haynes and Trucks show what it means to be great guitarists. Don't get no better.

I'm to two hours in now and it's not over, not sure about the 20 minute ref -- there's been some great guitar all through this! Thanks for that. RC

Glad you enjoyed it. We watched the whole thing the other night. The 20 min remark was referring to about a 20 min piece beginning at around 85 minutes from the beginning.

Individual song performances you find out there are great but you really need to see live performances to see artists at their best. If you have never watched any of the Crossroads Guitar Festival dvds you really oughta. Its really enjoyable watching great guitarists get to perform with others that they might otherwise encounter. Joe Bob says, Check it out.

Yeah, that's something I think I would enjoy listening to all the way through when I am in certain emotional states.

However, right now I am listening to this guy:

Spoiler

• Like 1

I don't recall you ever mentioning that before.

For whatever the reason I never got involved with their music.  I ended up with Hot Tuna instead.

22 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Hot Tuna instead.

Yeah, I have their 1970 self-titled album on vinyl. Really enjoyed the acoustic blues thing with all the great picking improv. Liked the electric sound less. Then 'long about '72 took a turn toward the outlaw country sounds of Willie, Jerry Jeff, Waylon, Merle and the like. Took a while to find my way back to basic rock.

• Like 1

Interesting about this is that there were no stereo recording when the song was recorded.  An excellent job at remastering the recording.