sean

What are you listening to?

Sorry. Did not mean to bum you out. I put it out there largely in response to Silent Thunder's Rain meditation.

I am very fond of guqin music. My taiji master often times would play guqin music as we practiced our form. I developed a taste for it. I don't find it particularly sad but more like peaceful, reflective. I often use music to help set the mood for what I am doing. Every evening, I read for an hour before turning off the lights. This and other instrumental pieces make good background music for reading.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know there are lots of people who could enjoy this style of music.  I do like the music, I just didn't care for the song.

It is almost Pentecost again; and while I'm 4000 miles away from Leipzig, part of me is going to miss WGT.

I've never been a goth, mind you --I just like to associate with the melancholy from time to time, sehnsucht and the artistic non conformity.

• Like 1

So, there I was on my morning walk, when this tune popped into my head. Arguably one of the best swing jazz bands of the early 40s.

• Like 2

On another musical note , I am still working every day on our festival site for the upcoming 3 day event .

Its all starting to look familiar like it did in the old days when we had one nearly ever year.  Got nearly all the grass cut and the main area looking nice and green  in front of the stage and market place.  A lot of building and carpentry gt oing on. I am still  skinning the frame work of the toilet blocks and showers in bamboo.

There are several huge trees scattered about and occasional  clumping bamboo groves , a huge running grove of bamboo along the river front.  The  stage is set back on the south side facing the river on the north side, then it goes up an escarpment to cliffs and waterfalls ..amazing acoustics !    B)

Was playing some of the above there yesterday  when working    -    awesome !

Might take this opportunity for another plug  :)

http://www.cognitiveroots.com.au/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

On another musical note , I am still working every day on our festival site for the upcoming 3 day event .

Its all starting to look familiar like it did in the old days when we had one nearly ever year.  Got nearly all the grass cut and the main area looking nice and green  in front of the stage and market place.  A lot of building and carpentry gt oing on. I am still  skinning the frame work of the toilet blocks and showers in bamboo.

There are several huge trees scattered about and occasional  clumping bamboo groves , a huge running grove of bamboo along the river front.  The  stage is set back on the south side facing the river on the north side, then it goes up an escarpment to cliffs and waterfalls ..amazing acoustics !    B)

Was playing some of the above there yesterday  when working    -    awesome !

Might take this opportunity for another plug  :)

http://www.cognitiveroots.com.au/

That sounds awesome!

I would so be there with the fam if not for the pesky little pond between us mate.