sean

What are you listening to?

On 7/30/2017 at 8:25 AM, Earl Grey said:

This is a song I have been listening to for nearly 30 years. If anyone else can appreciate this bittersweet instrumental about people falling in love before the inevitable end of the world (and likely each other), (...)

Here's another song of the end of the world, in three languages, by this amazing songwriter/musician/singer:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

It's a hang drum kind of morning here in SoCal.

Thanks for the reminder, there's a drum circle happening here today, I think I'll join. Don't have a hang drum though, only a djembe. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I just put a new skin on my djembe a couple months ago... she's got nice sound for a synth.

haven't been to a circle in yeeears.

I haven't been in a couple of years too, but you brought up drums this morning and I remembered that the regular monthly gathering is today, and I see synchronicities of this nature as prompts from the universe, so I went.  Just came back.  It's so much fun.  More serious drum people than you and me drag in those dream drums that sound like the Big Bang, veritable monsters.  And you get to play other people's drums because it all moves and rotates.  And there's two dozen percussion toys available too, I just discovered my new favorite -- a thunder tube spring drum.  One guy there has apparently studied voodoo music in Haiti and Cuba, so he sang invocations of various loa...  We had a banjo and a flute too, and it's amazing how things work out spontaneously --  some of the improvisations were positively sublime. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I haven't been in a couple of years too, but you brought up drums this morning and I remembered that the regular monthly gathering is today, and I see synchronicities of this nature as prompts from the universe, so I went.  Just came back.  It's so much fun.  More serious drum people than you and me drag in those dream drums that sound like the Big Bang, veritable monsters.  And you get to play other people's drums because it all moves and rotates.  And there's two dozen percussion toys available too, I just discovered my new favorite -- a thunder tube spring drum.  One guy there has apparently studied voodoo music in Haiti and Cuba, so he sang invocations of various loa...  We had a banjo and a flute too, and it's amazing how things work out spontaneously --  some of the improvisations were positively sublime. 

There's one every second Sunday on the south end of Torrance beach.

Where is the one you attended today?  Is it a regular group?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

There's one every second Sunday on the south end of Torrance beach.

Where is the one you attended today?  Is it a regular group?

In San Dieguito Park in Solana Beach.  First Saturday of every month, 1pm-4 pm (but might go past 5 pm too if the vibe is good). 

• Like 1

Yeah, I just saw that a few minutes ago in the news.

He had a pretty active career.  Many will miss him.

I am listening to DooWop music from the 1950s today.  Right now The Hollywood Flames are singing.

Spoiler