sean

What are you listening to?

Recently, I bought a Gu-Chin. I try to play without teachers.

Just for fun.

The sound of Gu-Chin is very quiet. It is suitable for meditation. 

It's very quiet, not noisy. Some people may think the music of Gu-Chin is  boring. But when you start to do a lot of meditation. You will find that you like to keep quiet more and more. There is no music quiet enough for you to listen. When I was young, I like to listen to music. But these years, I can't listen too much music. They are too noisy for me. Until I find the sound of Gu-Chin. Even I was in samadhi, the music of Gu-Chin is still quiet. 

Edited by awaken
  • Like 2

I have to pass on that one.

On my other computer I just started editing some Janis Joplin music to add to my collection.

Remember Janis?

Spoiler

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I have to pass on that one.

On my other computer I just started editing some Janis Joplin music to add to my collection.

Remember Janis?

Hide contents

Yes, and I also remember how so many popular rock and roll artists with names that started with the letter J 'died' of 'drug overdoses' around that time.  Janice, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and later John Lenon, and Michael Jackson.  It's almost like someone was trying to send some kind of a message to some observant people ... in addition to breaking a million hearts.

Maybe some of you know of others to make the list longer.

John Lenon was offed because he could call a million anti war protesters onto the street in one hour, killed by a crazy guy.

A lot of or almost all 'shooters' these days are emotionally challenged people on anti-depresants, and they are given some confitioning and the date rape drug and awaaayyyy they go.

Being against the machine and being popular at the same time is a life threatening condition.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

I have not heard this until now 

A raw and experimental version ....

Funky !  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Then polish it up a bit ... add the lyrics ....

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, and I also remember how so many popular rock and roll artists with names that started with the letter J 'died' of 'drug overdoses' around that time.  Janice, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and later John Lenon, and Michael Jackson.  It's almost like someone was trying to send some kind of a message to some observant people ... in addition to breaking a million hearts.

Maybe some of you know of others to make the list longer.

John Lenon was offed because he could call a million anti war protesters onto the street in one hour, killed by a crazy guy.

A lot of or almost all 'shooters' these days are emotionally challenged people on anti-depresants, and they are given some confitioning and the date rape drug and awaaayyyy they go.

Being against the machine and being popular at the same time is a life threatening condition.

Chapman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_David_Chapman

• Like 1

Chills down the spine, every time. What a soundtrack that movie had.

Not music, but just because I'm in the mood now :P

If this scene doesn't give you goosebumps, you might be an android:

And now I'm on a roll:

"Ah, the days of our kind are numbered, the one God comes to drive out the many gods, the spirits of wood and stream grow silent..."

Edited by Aeran