sean

What are you listening to?

Yeah, some people get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Of course, for some, either of the two of the song title is a good escape from reality.

• Like 1

This guy really started it all! Eric Clapton and his buddies were listening to a few Robert Johnson albums and became obsessed!

Yes, we have to call Robert the Father of Delta Blues.

Have you noticed the videos of Robert that have had the speed altered?  I'm not sure if what has been done is valid but I do know that the recording speed of the very early recordings were at 75 RPM, not 78, the speed they were later played at.

And nearly every "Blues" oriented band plays at least one of Robert's songs.

I think I have a complete collection of his recordings but I haven't done a search to verify it to be true.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Yes, we have to call Robert the Father of Delta Blues.

Have you noticed the videos of Robert that have had the speed altered?  I'm not sure if what has been done is valid but I do know that the recording speed of the very early recordings were at 75 RPM, not 78, the speed they were later played at.

And nearly every "Blues" oriented band plays at least one of Robert's songs.

I think I have a complete collection of his recordings but I have done a search to verify it to be true.

It is said that he invented the 'riff' which made the most amazing music, even acid rock.

• Like 1

It is said that he invented the 'riff' which made the most amazing music, even acid rock.

Yeah, a lot has been said and written about that.  His deal with the Devil at the Crossroads is one.

However, it is more likely that in his travels he saw some of the other shade tree guitarists and picked up bits and pieces from many of them.  Sad that so much of his history is missing.

• Like 1

These guys are really good! I thought Steven Stills was long retired, but here he is again. I saw Steven Stills and Manassas at the Philadelphia Spectrum during the summer of 1972. Will never forget that long hot summer!

• Like 3

just in case your spine

wasn't already revolving uncontrollably

in a blissful spiral of ecstatic flow...

i offer this: 

you know... just in case :)

• Like 1

Great belly dancing music.  I always have enjoyed it.  In my younger years I really loved watching the dancers too.

• Like 1

I never made it that far in my "music Appreciation" class.  I was a drop-out.

Here at my home Rock-A-Billy music is playing.  This man is up now:

I'm always in the top of "my class" of course it usually consists only of me myself and I.

• Like 1

^ Wow that gave me a flashback to:

From when I was a teenager :P Never knew it was sampled from an older song.

Edited by Aeran