sean

What are you listening to?

3rd wave disco. Zydeco is beer music and I'm drinking wine right now ;)

True, Zydeco is beer drinking music.

My family is from Louisiana ...

I have been out there many times mainly for the music but yeah, for the food too.

I used to be a member of the Cajun French Music Association but have let my membership expire.  Those folks were mainly Traditional French/Cajun and Country/Cajun people.  Nice folks though.  Always had a nice time when I went to their functions.

Swamp Pop music is Louisiana grown but mostly it is re-arrangements of 1950s Rock'n'Roll music.

• Like 1

Sunday morning here,birds chirping,whistles,some very loud,hard to know what that is as they do mimick each other.

Magpies are easy,especially nagging young ones begging for food.

Satin bower bird are loud and boisterous,they always flyaway when seen.They have,well the males do have a bower where they make a real song and dance attracting the next true love,bird version of shaggin waggon,then that it for the males,next.

The sparrows are constant and seemingly always cheerful,had a few pet sparrows as a kid,they are cherpy but not of diva quality.

In the background there are so many bird vocals,may constitute a cacophony.

Parrot squawks,the galah whilstles high pitched,only really learnt their alarm calls.

Gang gang cocky look similar to a galah but they have less hysteric guttural sounds.

Then every now and then there is bird battle,this has been witnessed in many bird languages,with arial displays of stunt quality.

Sometimes they land nearby still enraged in battle oblivious of human presence.

At night possums rule,they can really give you a scare even when you know what's making the noise,bit like the tassy devil.

Today we are having a family lunch with kids from three families,bet you they make some noise.

• Like 1

... bit like the tassy devil.

A couple nights ago I watched a nature documentary from down under and there is again talk of the possibility of the Tasmanian Tiger still existing.

Some recent kills have been found that are similar to the way the tiger killed and ate.

• Like 1

True, Zydeco is beer drinking music.

I have been out there many times mainly for the music but yeah, for the food too.

I used to be a member of the Cajun French Music Association but have let my membership expire.  Those folks were mainly Traditional French/Cajun and Country/Cajun people.  Nice folks though.  Always had a nice time when I went to their functions.

Swamp Pop music is Louisiana grown but mostly it is re-arrangements of 1950s Rock'n'Roll music.

I may have to look at your posts on here to catch up on my Cajun music, then. :)

• Like 1

I may have to look at your posts on here to catch up on my Cajun music, then. :)

I haven't talked about or posted many Cajun/Zydeco songs.

Right now I am listening to a Cajun Fiddle tune, Originally composed by Canray Fontenot, one of the best Cajun fiddle players ever.  He normally performed solo but would at times join other artists, mostly good accordion players. 

The cover I had playing, I think it was Sam Brothers Five, was an arrangement with three fiddles doing battle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the artist names. I think the 90s energy is refreshing but also can totally understand not liking it. I had to practice for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for the artist names. I think the 90s energy is refreshing but also can totally understand not liking it. I had to practice for sure.

Yeah, I have been criticized for not following the trends in Rock music but I stopped trying to follow the trends back in the late 1970s.  I have so much music I enjoy listening to I have no need to follow trends.

But then too, there are certain styles of music that, in the most part, stay true to their origin so its not like I am ignoring the artists of today.  I'm just selective.  Ah!  Making choices.

Yeah, I have been criticized for not following the trends in Rock music but I stopped trying to follow the trends back in the late 1970s.  I have so much music I enjoy listening to I have no need to follow trends.

But then too, there are certain styles of music that, in the most part, stay true to their origin so its not like I am ignoring the artists of today.  I'm just selective.  Ah!  Making choices.

No quality control these days. I laughed when you said you stopped at the 80s.

i'm back to the phase where im listening wonderwall...10 times per day... :D

Hehehe.  If it feels good, do it.

Rock-A-Billy is playing here at my house this morning.

I remember Rosemary; I remember the song; but I don't remember that version of the song.

I'm listening to Old Time Country this morning - at the moment Faron Young.

I'm listening to The Growlers.  I forgot how good they are... they remind me a bit of The Doors but not in a derivative way.  They also have surf rock elements but with a darker sound.