sean

What are you listening to?

An article written by a friend of mine:

http://teamugli.com/names-you-should-know-in-music-sylvia-robinson/

"There are a lot of people that have influenced music, but few of them have had as impressive a career as Sylvia Robinson. Known as the Mother of Hip-Hop (alternately, Queen of Hip-Hop), she was witness to the birth of three musical genres, and worked on seminal tracks in all of them. The hits she produced or helped produce changed the landscape of culture both directly and indirectly, and the fact that we don’t have a biopic of her life to watch is criminal.

"Her career was long and marred with controversy. The history of American music is also long and marred with controversy. One needn’t be a metaphor for the other, however. Sylvia Robinson’s story doesn’t reflect the history of music, it is the history of music. Not the whole history, but a piece. An important piece."

Hehehe. I have already lost it. Of course, I have no idea what I lost so I have no way of searching for it.

I finally figured what those nine CD sized .WAV files are.

It is a collection of the most recoverable music I recorded on a reel-to-reel back in the early 1970s. Assorted artists, mostly Blues based Rock & Roll (Blue-eyed Blues). Canned Heat is playing right now.

Was going to post this before but got kinda turned off at how into "image" they are...but what the hell, it's a good song.

Today, Cunninlynguists: A Piece of Strange, Dirty Acres, Oneirology, Sloppy Seconds vol.2

And Wang Feng 汪峰: various random songs

so I'm standing in the kitchen making myself something...

my wife is sound asleep in the bedroom and I suddenly get this crystal clear image

of her all curled up like a ferret, under the covers, like she always does...

and that instant... Paul starts wailing this in my mind...

life is good

• Like 1

Shift or give you one?

I know it appears a strange way of ridding oneself of a headache Marblehead, but this works for me! :D

My GP put me onto these guys!

I put him onto Nightwish!!!

• Like 2

I know it appears a strange way of ridding oneself of a headache Marblehead, but this works for me! :D

My GP put me onto these guys!

I put him onto Nightwish!!!

Yeah, I know how that works. But I still prefer the Hilltoppers.

• Like 1

Well, I can understand that considering his sweet voice. And he does look very "manly".

I have the look of a Viking, long hair and beard; very manly, but women don't flock around me! Maybe I'll work on having a sweet singing voice !!! :P

Mind you, I don't get out much because of my bloody back/leg pain which hits 12/10 on occasion!!! :ph34r:

• Like 1