sean

What are you listening to?

Here is a video from my favourite band. This band is sadly underrated and needs more promotion.

Here is a woman from Canada. She's a very talented vocalist and has many fans in Canada. She has been a vocalist for a few bands over the years, and is currently in one, so please support her. We need to do more to popularize Canadian musicians, singers and bands. So please listen and buy her music if you like it. Her channel has some songs from her band you can check out.

(But don't be offended by the title of the song, it's just a silly song; the title isn't meant to be taken seriously. It is quite a popular song though.)

• Like 1

on that boots, i kept expecting to see benny hill make an appearance.

I haven't seen Benny in so long I can't remember. I really did enjoy watching his show. Most Brit humor just goes right over my head but Benny and I seemed to get along really fine.

Nice one mr marblehead!

Brewer and Shipley got me singin' along.

One toke over the line, sweet Jesus...

Kinda reminiscent of Jim Croce.

And I really love Heart and Pat Benatar!

I already posted that Heart song in the hearts thread.

So lets have some more Pat.

Who says rocks a man's game?

Heartbreaker!

Don't you mess around with me!

You're the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasy!

The invincible winner!

I love that song.

And this one.

Put up yer dukes, lets get down to it!

Why don't you hit me with your best shot?

Fire away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jl_MXrqw0k

Marblehead , anything more contemporary on your music menu ever ? Just curious ...

I understand the reason for questioning. As far as Rock 'n' Roll goes, I stopped collecting in the early 1970s as I did not care for the direction the music was going. I stopped collecting Country music in the late 1950s for that same reason. (But I have some Black Crowes because I really like the song "She Talks With Angels".)

I do have some recent stuff in the Tejano, Cajun, Zydeco, Electric Blues genres as they (the artists and producers) haven't turned me off yet.

I collect what I enjoy. What can I say?

• Like 3

Robbie Basho, John Fahey, John Martyn, Bert Janch.

Yes, I do enjoy good flat-back guitar playing but these are a little boring for my tastes. Doc Watson would be closer to what I enjoy.

Or, there is this: