sean

What are you listening to?

A tune that's hard to get out of my head... hey, but that's o.k....

Well, looking at that young lady I can understand why!

I can't listen right now. Recording again. Working with Thunderclap Newman. More Psychedelic stuff.

Peace & Love!

Yes, that is beautiful. That is what I consider 'mood music' and a special mood is required to really enjoy the fullness of the music.

I actually half listened to some opera the other night while half asleep watching TV. I was watching a PBS nature program and fell asleep - woke up to opera music. I was a try-out for the Met. Actually enjoying the music was a first for me.

I'm listening to these guys this morning:

Peace & Love!

thanks for the introduction this is incredibly charming Scotty

her is something from a contemporary norwegian composerpossibly not so charming but fascinating

Edited by rain

Can't listen to it right now as I am recording at the moment. Although I have none of their music I always thought that Red Hot Chili Peppers was a good band.

I'm working with Walter Trout music right now. (Good electric blues if you don't already know them.)

Peace & Love!

You are recording some of your own music, Marble? Please share it! :)

Yeah. It's music I have on LP (vinyl), cassette and reel-to-reel that I am recording into the computer for eventual burning to CD.

There are a few Walter Trout videos on YouTube. Can't link them right now because I have the recorder going again. Hehehe. I will make a link later when I take a break from recording.

Peace & Love!

Hey spill it, Marble. Our feets are tappin' already! :D

Yeah, I really enjoy Texas/Electric Blues. You get the lyrics from the old Blues mixed in with the more modern, upbeat guitar work. Great mixture of music.

Today I am working with Kim Wilson, lead singer of the Fabulous Thunderbirds, without the Thunderbirds. I don't know if there is anything of his on the net but I'm sure there would be.

Peace & Love!

Roy Buchanan's "Sneaking Godzilla Through The Alley" Solid blues. The closer the music is the Delta Boys who started it all, the better it is, the closer to the soul.

Thanks for that unique piece. Along that line, here is another modern classical composer with diverse elements. He's from Iceland.

Odi et Amo - Johann Johannson [3:05 min.]

THank you for this for me beautiful new aquaintance Rainbow_Vein. I was a little ambivalent about the synth-sound before the violin, kind of imagined how it would have sounded with the voice of a boy instead, guess it would have made it a different genre?..then I listened to "The Great God Pan is Dead" and voila.. :D..there it was.

Roy Buchanan's "Sneaking Godzilla Through The Alley" Solid blues. The closer the music is the Delta Boys who started it all, the better it is, the closer to the soul.

Are you talking about these guys?

Or are you talking about the Blind Boys of Mississippi?

Peace & Love!

Hey Marble:

Was referring to all the early blues guys from the Mississippi delta area. Blind Boys make some great music. Like the work they did with Bonnie Raitt.

Hey Marble:

Was referring to all the early blues guys from the Mississippi delta area. Blind Boys make some great music. Like the work they did with Bonnie Raitt.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure I understood what you were making reference to.

Yes, I love Delta Blues. I think I finally have everything Robert Johnson recorded.

And yes, Bonnie interprets the blues very well.

Have you ever heard Sippie Wallace? One of the great female delta blues singers. I can't link you to her right now but she has a couple videos on YouTube.

Peace & Love!