sean

What are you listening to?

When I was younger I listened to a lot more blues and main stream music. Nowadays I listen to more jazz.

Believe it or not, John Coltrane can take you to some interesting levels, especially with his later free form jazz but most people have to cultivate a taste for that kind of music.

I listen to a lot of Sun Ra. He is a genius. I kid you not. When I listen to Heliocentric Worlds at night and close my eyes, I feel as though my body disappears and I see a whole galexy around me. But I must warn you that you definately have to develope a taste for his music. Many of his recordings include primal drumming. I would characterize a lot the his later music as free form and cacophonous.

On the back of many of his album covers he writes about the spiritual effects that will take place with many of his listeners. When I first read the back of his covers I remember thinking that I did'nt believe him. I was just curious about his music. After listening to many of his albums. I started experiencing all sorts of odd phenomenon.

On my daily train commute to work I would close my eyes and listen to his music. After many months, I started to see a red dot in the center of my forehead. Over the weeks, this red dot turned into a sun on a shoreline with an adumbrated skyline behind it. After a longer amount of time, I would see the sun followed by a series of pictures of jazz musicians. I told my sister about this and she said that Sun Ra was probably leaving a calling card with me.

I have listened to a copious amount of albums that promised to induce altered states of conciousness in the listener, but most of them did'nt do anything for me. I didn't start listening to Sun Ra to have these experiences, so when they started happening it took me by surprise.

My favorite group of singers is Take 6. When I go hear them in person, they sound as crisp and tight as they do on their albums. They can sound like horns, base, drums, all with their voices. They don't ever need any music to accompany them despite the fact that some of them can play instruments. Some of them are also skillful music arrangers so that even when they sing a song that you've heard before, they put their own signature sound on it.

:P

Yeah man...he's got a great voice. And doing old Italian pop with a live orchestra or whatever it's called, that's a lot of fun. I'd love to see one of their shows.

Hey Scott!

Yeah man...he's got a great voice. And doing old Italian pop with a live orchestra or whatever it's called, that's a lot of fun. I'd love to see one of their shows.

If you are a Mike Patton fan and if you haven't already checked out "Lovage" I would suggest you have a look for the "Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By" album. You just may enjoy.

Love,

Carson :D

Any old punk rock fans here? Lux Interior from the Cramps died :(

In his words:

Life is short

Filled with stuff.

R.I.P. Lux

I'm listening to their awesome album "Bad Music for Bad People"

hmm..

I used to walk around with apiece of paper where I'd scribbled down som bit of his lyrics

like a charm or token to wake me up everytime I read it.

hmm..

I used to walk around with apiece of paper where I'd scribbled down som bit of his lyrics

like a charm or token to wake me up everytime I read it.

I just went and read the news releases. He was 62 (which I didn't realize) ..and had been married for 37 years..and people already thought he died once back in the 80's.. So, actually not too bad of life. 62 isn't old..but for a rocker it seems respectable enough. ..time for few regrets and all.

I'll have to listen to goo goo muck some time today in memorium.

I got this new album from a friend, and this song truly sticks out. Good to listen to in the dark.

Beautifully done cover. Thanks.

Edited by karen

I got this new album from a friend, and this song truly sticks out. Good to listen to in the dark.

Beautiful...

These days, I'm amusing myself to something a little different (some strong language):

R7yfISlGLNU

stood out, Samael. Few songs in my life has knocked me down with such immediate power as this one:

Ya man, "Yes IS the word to everything" :)

These days i'm listening to "Arabian Nights", a nice looong story, on my mp3 player.

Arabian story-telling is just amazing.

This girl attracts me on multiple levels...

Ix9GDjjiFbU

I like this song and video of hers more...

n1wnOUH2jk8

And this one the best (loooooooooveeee)...

5ZxsPYgRhY0

These guys are fun, and this song is too...

UtUI5MC9tVM

I love this female jazz vocalist's voice, doing a cover of Elliot Smith's "Between the Bars"...

FktNzLg_te4

These guys sing great together; crappy version...

DUURdXdlT7Q

This is good to listen to in the morning :lol: ...

P9Fm7GbxIGY

I like this song by them as well...

2-2jaaBBBX4

Wow that's enough, yeah? :P

Edited by Scotty