sean

What are you listening to?

My old utilitarian-very-simple car was totaled earlier this year (no one got hurt).  I searched for a fun car with the settlement $ and found an affordable 2001 cloth-top convertible.

102fb571-440f-49e4-9356-2892f418b39a.png

The stereo (it had a cassette player in it which I upgraded to CD) is lit.  Even with the top down in freeway traffic the sound system creates it's own atmosphere: it sounds like the music is coming from *every*where and resonating.  The car is so small that essentially the whole inside front of the car is a convex resonator being fed by the actual speakers at each side (and behind).  B)B)B)

So, as I burn CDs for-carry in my new little space capsule, I'm looking for music that was produced, engineered with that "coming from all directions" atmosphere in mind.  Notable ones that I've found so far, below.  (Not sure if that experience is preserved in youtube recordings).

So, I'm looking for musical suggestions to explore:

What music have you found that especially creates that "coming from all around you" experience?

(Please quote or tag me in your reply - or simply 'like' this post - so that I know I have a new reply.)

• Like 1

Amy Winehouse is just killin’ me.  I’ve heard her before some, but now diving in.

OMFG!  Here is the SAME song (preceded by interview) sung solo w/ 1 acoustic guitar only.  Her *VOICE*.  o-m-g

• Like 1

@Trunk she was a real powerhouse.  I had a similar reaction to Amy as I did with LInda Ronstadt.  It was a marvel to me that so much resonance could come out of a person.

• Wow 1

Spoiler

:(:( 

this entry got lost in space 

or time

are they any different? 

Edited by stellarwindbubble
  • Like 1

Spoiler

:(:(

Edited by stellarwindbubble
  • Like 1