Sign in to follow this  
rain

How to stop the light

That's cool how light responds differently to different medium :)

yeah..like atom clouds.. :blink:

It doesnt seem to have much of an impediment in the atom cloud we walk around in every day :D

A bit :o today learning that Dr. Lene Hau stopped the light in 1999..!
Can he figure out how to stop the darkness as well? That thing with the White House is getting out of control... :)

Can he figure out how to stop the darkness as well? That thing with the White House is getting out of control... :)

I dont even think SHE regocnizes the implications yet (quoting tv.. ;) )

but maybe all our brrains can come up with something? btw doyou lknow that google owns your ass?

Edited by rain

If Google owns my ass, how come it sends me a paycheck every month? :)

B) exactly...addictive isn't it?

(see I knew he'd get it)

lol

Edited by rain

What I often find amazing is how the human mind of some scientists can worship Einstein's theory of relativity as still rock-solid and valid and at the same time acknowledge that the light speed is not constant. That light is slowed by water has been known for so long now.

To recognize a genius, you have to be a genius yourself. Or: Genius lies in the eye of the beholder. Einstein himself said that everybody likes him, but nobody understands him.

If people would just drop the misunderstanding of relativity, they would have a purely mechanical explanation for a lot of things. They would see energy as matter in motion, and the speed of light would be no more special than the speed of sound. Light speed is the speed of common radiation, but this just means that the physical process that creates radiation accelerated it to that speed.

Two hundred years from now scientist may be using machines to accelerate various particles to 2, 5, or 100x light speed by using a force that can supply this speed and laugh about the quackery of our time.

There are no mysteries in science. ;)

Sign in to follow this