Mattimo

Kundalini?

Hi everyone,

So here's the deal. I had a pretty profound experience 3 years ago which I am still trying to integrate. To this day I am still uncertain of what to fully make of it. It was intense, it was surreal and it also drove me a little crazy. I know there is often a tendency for people to jump to the spiritual/paranormal side of things but due to the extremity of what I experienced I really don't see any other alternative. My question is: is it common for kundalini to get stuck in the solar plexus/chest area and also cause crippling muscular tension in the neck/head area which also causes tension everywhere else?

I would immensely appreciate some opinions or views on this matter and also any recommendations for a remedy.

Thanks,

Matt

Yes these things do happen. My own cure would be some palliative spiritual cleansing, relaxation exercises... but mostly self-knowledge. NW

Vamana Dhauti

Fasting

Enema

And sounds like you need to purify more the centreal Channel and remove the "block" in the Solar PLexus.

Sit by a Fire and meditate.

Santi

Esoteric Acupuncture and/or an "Energy" massage will help for sure. I had a big blockage in my neck at the beginning of my kundalini journey and an energy massage loosened it to the point of partial-release. The difference in energy flow before and after was like night and day. I didn't sleep for four days afterwards as it let loose all my raging internal energies, but after a few days of silent integration in Deep Meditation the energy was integrated fairly seamlessly. Recently I started doing esoteric acupuncture and the acupuncturist located what was left of the blockage in my neck. She isolated it in the subtle body, and over the course of the next 4 days the tension was released to another beautiful inward opening. These two things (in combination with a daily sadhana) is what helped to release the blockage I had in my neck. Hope this helps a little.

Love,

Carson :D

Could you post your experience? Also... always, always, always go see a physician first to make sure your not suffering from a serious physical problem.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Could you post your experience?

3 years ago I had reached a point in my life where I was yearning for a greater meaning to life i.e. there has to be more than this. I felt under attack most of my life in that there was constant hostility in the home environment and basically society/school at large. I had been a thinker for a long time, this was my to cope - to think about things on a deeper level. In some respects I believe it was to my detriment. In fact, I can say that I had somewhat disconnected from my emotions, lived in anger and developed an over-compensatory intellect.

Anyway, I started to experiment with natural substances, having read about the shamanic tradition. The only problem was, I lacked the self-knowledge to really know what I was getting into. Moreover, I thought it was possible to understand reality purely through the intellect. I had begun to explore the ease of thought in these altered states and eventually I started to lose myself. One day, while not under any influences, I was concentrating and experienced a jolt to the head - and abruptly I felt awake, as if I had never been awake before. From then onward, I could probably write a book about the experiences I had.

I started to observe connections everywhere in the midst of a racing mind. I had immense energy. My vision/perception was altered and I begun to see the deadness in people's eyes. When I observed people and listen to them speak it was if they were not speaking from their soul - they were robotic. To reiterate, it was surreal, most everyone's eyes were lifeless and asleep. I also experienced being able to profoundly think about things from other people's perspective. As if, on some level, I was literally out of my head. Anyway, there was a lot more than that but suffice it to say that I got overwhelmed by the intensity of the experience. I lost myself in thought. To clarify, the experience was two fold. On one hand, I could literally see things, not from mind-produced thoughts and I truly believe most everything was valid. However, on the other hand, I was also contemplating reality from an intellectual and technical standpoint - and that is the venue in which I became ungrounded and became, well, temporarily insane.

Ahhhhhhhh.

What most people dont understand is that after an illumination experience you will have a dark night experience. Your brain just cant handle spiritual realities that well but over time the dark nights lessen but as a general rule, "As great as your illumination was, so will be your dark night".

My only advice is emptiness meditation which is always the advice I got and I hated it... but its true. Meditate, meditate, meditate..... (and dont do drugs :P )

Thanks Darin. I certainly resonate with the aversion towards meditation because of the immense, persistent, mind-numbing tension. It seems as if during the course of my "dark night" so to speak, I have been avoiding facing myself and have had my will drowned by the sheer profundity of the experience and not being able to manage or integrate it. Total system shock.

Oh and, I certainly have more respect for natural substances - they scare the hell out of me :D . Rather, I think that the average person is so toxic that that approach may not be the best path to take. I guess that's why I find myself on this forum and appreciate the value of the Taoist approach.

In terms of grounding and bringing the energy down, my favorite exercise is zhan zhuang- the books the Way of Energy and the Way of Power (both by Lam Kam Chuen) are good guides to this practice if you don't have a local teacher.

Second best is, in my opinion, squatting, either with or without weights (if using weights, best to get proper instruction). I used to be very ungrounded and overly intellectual.

For kundalini issues/imbalances, you may also want to try spinal breathing from www.aypsite.org -I very much like this entire system.

In terms of grounding and bringing the energy down, my favorite exercise is zhan zhuang- the books the Way of Energy and the Way of Power (both by Lam Kam Chuen) are good guides to this practice if you don't have a local teacher.

Second best is, in my opinion, squatting, either with or without weights (if using weights, best to get proper instruction). I used to be very ungrounded and overly intellectual.

For kundalini issues/imbalances, you may also want to try spinal breathing from www.aypsite.org -I very much like this entire system.

Thanks for the advice. Strangely, I have "The Way of Energy" book and have practiced Zhan Zhuang. Additionally, I have tried squatting. Moreover, I too used to be overly intellectual - well okay, still am but I am working on it. AND I also tried spinal breathing from aypsite for about 3 months. But I let personal doubt get in the way and dropped practically everything.

I sincerely appreciate this reminder because I believe there is something to these practices.

...Man, I'll never forget the time I was practicing one of the Zhan Zhuang standing postures and my leg started vibrating and bouncing up and down :blink: .

Anyway, just have to summon my will and get on with my journey.

Thanks again

Edited by Mattimo