dragonfire

Mother Earth

I'm just curious how many people believe the earth is alive, has a soul, and needs love?

I thought about this while meditating. What if the earth is alive? If we look at

the earth millions of years ago, the earth was relatively solid land mass, but

has expanded and grown, thus separating the land masses. Just like the

earth needs the sun for energy, we too need the sun for energy, but we

also need the earth for other things. Then I started to think about the

symbiotic relationships between some animals and bacteria. What if

we are just like bacteria on earth, but in human form. Just like there

are good bacteria, there are bad bacteria that can destroy the earth.

Developing and using atomic weapons is considered bad bacteria. Good

bacteria would be developing eco-friendly systems that help the

atmosphere and keep it clean. Wouldn't an atomic bomb be considered

a viral infection for the earth? So if you were the earth, and you

constantly caused it trouble like bad bacteria do to us, wouldn't you

want to get rid of it? Good bacteria, neither harm the host, but only

help it, yet the host provides sustenance and hermitage.

I'm just curious how many people believe the earth is alive, has a soul, and needs love?

The Earth is alive.

yes.

Nope this isn't just a "hippy" answer.

(Despite the following shroom~ish bit)

Just open the eyes and look around.

Alive.

Lol, bacteria? :)

Check this out!

6 ways mushrooms can save the world! (17min.)

Edited by shontonga

The Earth is alive.

yes.

Nope this isn't just a "hippy" answer.

(Despite the following shroom~ish bit)

Just open the eyes and look around.

Alive.

Lol, bacteria? :)

Check this out!

6 ways mushrooms can save the world! (17min.)

agree with you both

has anyone heard the theory about psychadellics being a catalyst for human consciousness? maybe i will start a thread about that

You know how you can see or palpate a person's energy field? The earth has one just like it. You can see it in the evenings at sunset. Of course the earth is alive.

Here is a question, what do you mean by "earth is alive".

Earth as in mud? or Earth as in the planet?

we must know that the planet itself is alive or not? batericas, people around.. they are all living things, with lives, but what about "earth the planet" itself if none of these exsist?

Is it alive?

In Taoism, we say that if 5 elements and yin yang exsist fully in a place, the place will have life growing. That is the reason why Mars do not have animals or human because they do not have "water". Some prooved that they have water there once upon a time (maybe) but then it doens't have any now. Therefore, it doesn't have living beings.

Here is a question, what do you mean by "earth is alive".

Earth as in mud? or Earth as in the planet?

we must know that the planet itself is alive or not? batericas, people around.. they are all living things, with lives, but what about "earth the planet" itself if none of these exsist?

Is it alive?

In Taoism, we say that if 5 elements and yin yang exsist fully in a place, the place will have life growing. That is the reason why Mars do not have animals or human because they do not have "water". Some prooved that they have water there once upon a time (maybe) but then it doens't have any now. Therefore, it doesn't have living beings.

Mars has ICE this is a form of water

As for beings...well how do we actually know there aren't any? Also maybe not in a dimensional level we can see with our eyes?

As for MOTHER EARTH she is A LIVING BEING in fact a CELESTIAL BEING That is a MASTER of the 5 elements.

Every living thing on this planet shares one essential characteristic,the ability to replicate or reproduce. From a single celled entity to the granduer of a blue whale,each LIVING organism reproduces.

Can the Earth or has the Earth reproduced?Perhaps the hard yoke we as a species have subjected the rest of the planet to at this time, is merely the birth pains of our dear mother?

So if you were the earth, and you

constantly caused it trouble like bad bacteria do to us, wouldn't you

want to get rid of it? Good bacteria, neither harm the host, but only

help it, yet the host provides sustenance and hermitage.

Yeah, i think its applicable. Like when the body has a virus and tries to burn it off with a fever etc. Therefore, we should try our best not to be 'viral' towards the planet (or anyone/anything on it)

The earth is very accomodating to us by providing for us as we (hopefully) grow and develop in awakening towards enlightenment.

So, to the earth, thanks for having us, may it be a mutually beneficial experience.

Edited by mat black

I think the belief that earth is not alive comes from our religious and scientific cultural inheritance; the belief that we, humanity, is Gods representatives on earth blessed with a divine intelligence. I see this as the peak of human arrogance.

It takes no genious to realize that we are not THAT intelligent, if compared to nature :rolleyes:

Edited by sheng zhen

,each LIVING organism reproduces.

Can the Earth or has the Earth reproduced?

Yes, Earth has a child it is called the Moon, which will became in the future an independent planet

This is theory of Gurdjieff and looks like is being confirmed by actual science...

Like all the kids the Moon is growing (also like all the moons and planets):

http://www.continuitystudios.net/clip02.html

http://www.continuitystudios.net/clip03.html

Edited by steam