Sign in to follow this  
Joel

~Hello~from~Melbourne~Australia~

Hello everyone,

Wow! What a great Forum! My name is Joel and Im based in Melbourne Australia at the moment

I have been reading over for a few days and am very pleased :) I have to say my knowing of

the Tao is not deep and I know that here is a good place to start!

I am a musician I study classical Persian music I play the Setar which is different to the indian Sitar its about

1000 years older and I also play the Tar and Tanbur. True persian music in its purest form comes from the Darvishes which a lot of people call sufi's. Their music to me and the way its played reminds me of The way

a taoist plays the guqin or erhu or any other Chinese instrument!

I am in love with these two forms of music as they are to me the purest form and help me as a

person carve away the access!

~joel~

Hey Joel how it going? Mate, I haven't been to the city for a while, but still would be good to catch up some time and meet.

Hello Stigweard!

Thanks for your kind words! I am pretty sure you saw Ostad Zolfonoon! He was in the country recently! I am glad you saw such a thing! The topics have been very helpful! I am exited :) I think some of the Queensland rain is coming this way finally! or maybe its the Equinox!

Thank you again!

Matt!!

Im well and you??? For sure! Please do let me know If you come this way that would be great! I have a lot of free time at the moment! Hope all is well!

Thank you sahaj! I am very happy to find such a place! :)

Joel

Sign in to follow this