Sign in to follow this  
markern

How well does fusion work?

How has your experience been with mantak chias fusion of the five elements? Was it profound? DinNt work at all? does it do good work in the deep channels and central channels? How psycholgicly healing was it? How much work was it?

If you do Fusion along with Dao Yin, Iron Shirt, some qigong/simple tai chi you should feel the response. If you meditate only, the chances to get it are slimmer (if any at all).

His book on cosmic fusion (fusion 2) is good for a general framework undrstanding.

Fusion works very well provided it is practiced consistently. To my shame I haven't but when I did practice regularly there were noticable results and better day to day interactions with people and strangers.

Fusion works very well provided it is practiced consistently. To my shame I haven't but when I did practice regularly there were noticable results and better day to day interactions with people and strangers.

How much time would you say is required for a steady practice?

I appreciate your question Marken, and it shows that you have keen interest which is admirable. However natural spiritual cultivation is not a matter of "how much time" ... to place these sorts of artificial parameters around our practice only causes obstacles to sincere progress.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a difference between the processes of "I am doing this practice" and the activity that arises through natural inspiration.

There is a story about a student who asks Master, "How long before I become a master?" The Master answers, "Ten years".

The student responds, "How long if I try twice as hard?" The Master answers, "Twenty years."

Fusion work (I haven't trained in Master Chia's teachings) is a natural process, it should not be forced and neither should we place conceptual expectations on outcomes. We are truly 'in the zone' when our practice is the most natural thing in the world for us to be doing.

Hope this helps.

:D

It must vary with individuals but for me three days of practice and I noticed qualitative changes. When I first practiced, each morning session would last about an hour: 20-30 minutes doing the practice and about half an hour sleeping afterwards, and that was after a good nights sleep! Some sessions were longer, some shorter - especially when the energy didn't want to move.

Having kids and little time meant that I couldn't have any uninterupted practice so I discontinued - late night practice didn't do it for me but other practices did. One time after practicing daily for about 4 weeks I was visiting an acquaintance's house and was asked to pick up their fierce looking Rottweiler/Bull mastiff guard dog - they were astounded when it let me do so without growling or snarling.

How has your experience been with mantak chias fusion of the five elements? Was it profound? DinNt work at all? does it do good work in the deep channels and central channels? How psycholgicly healing was it? How much work was it?

A long time ago in a place far far away....Berkely, CA, I studied Fusion I, II, and III with Mantak Chia.

Subsequently I have gone on to study with other teachers. It is my experience that "Fusion" as such is a legitimate Taoist practice. I have seen similar methods coming from other Taoist sources.

Fusion of the Five Elements as taught by M.Chia can be a useful practice. In my opinion it is easy to turn it into a visualization game from which very little results will be obtained. This is not saying that it cannot be an effective practice. If approached with diligent and thorough practice of more foundation material it can be a useful and effective method.

My early experience with M.Chia was very positive. I studied all the basic material in workshops with him directly, all the way through Fusion III. I had the benefit of studying in a small group with M.Chia for this level.

The result of this practice was a profound achievement of a sense of inner peace, physical and spiritual calm and stillness which was deeper than any that I had experienced before. Also, he was able to effectively teach us to "anchor" the experience (yes he was using NLP tools in his material and teaching). From the time I took the first basic course with M.Chia til the completion of Fusion III my recollection is that more than 3 years time had elapsed. I learned Inner smile, healing sounds, micro orbit, Iron Shirt I basics, Fusion I, II then III as well as repeating the basic courses several times. All this to say that I allowed myself a good amount of time to absorb and integrate these practices and ideas into my life before achieving a certain level that allowed me to derive a great benefit from the practice.

That is the PRO side of my experience.

The CON side. After my initial experience with Fusion I, II and III I continued to study with M.Chia. Upon taking training in Fusion on retreat I experienced a lot of CON-Fusion. What had earlier been a good experience and practice seemed to become overly complicated and layered with unnecessary details and visualizations. Eventually this is the point at which I began to become disenchanted with HT material and especially the teaching style/method of M.Chia. I could not and/or would not pursue the practice of Fusion any further a few years after the positive experience described above. My practice was derailed by an approach to Fusion that seemed artificial and stuffed with unecessary procedures.

Eventually I learned that some of the material being taught out at that point didn't belong in Fusion and indeed some of it - phowa - did not belong in Taoism per se.

To this day I don't really know how Fusion is being taught any more within HT. I suspect it may have been better distilled down to it's essence, which is the direction M.Winn took.

Now I am doing a simple practice from my current primary teacher which takes in several elements of Fusion as I learned it from Healing Tao, as well as certain elements of healing sounds.

In retrospect I think that the Healing Tao methods of inner smile, six healing sounds and Fusion (the simpler parts of it) are very accessible methods with which to communicate with the life force. Focusing first on the lifeforce as it is manifested in your physical body and eventually connecting with the lifeforce beyond your physical body, ie the 5 directions, the five phases, five seasons, colors...etc. It is a practice which is useful to establish this basic pattern. This is the foundation. There is a lot of work to be done to build the foundation. Dont rush.

Good luck.

Craig

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing, Craig.

Would you say that phowa is totally foreign to tao? (this is when a pill/pearl/spiritual essence is shot out of a body?)

some of it - phowa - did not belong in Taoism per se.

Thank you for sharing, Craig.

Would you say that phowa is totally foreign to tao? (this is when a pill/pearl/spiritual essence is shot out of a body?)

Hello. I know that Michael Winn early wanted to take away that part of the teaching from the fusion books, but didn't manage. I don't know about the later versions of it. I don't either know if it is part of taoism, but it sounds so to me. Have heard that it is a part of the later courses in kan and li.

I think Michael Winn have a realy good concept for the fusion practise. Without knowing all of it. He has not only taken away things that belongs to later stages he has also added original theory to it. The theory of the five shens in the organs. (I think). That was taken away by Mantak Chia beacase he thought that it would be to complicated for the western mind.

Perhaps it's a matter of time. What Mantak did was the right thing for that time, in the 80 ties. Much have happened since and know we are more eager to see the whole picture could more easily understund it.

One riks with Mantak Chias material is always that it might be to detailed. You have to remember that many teqniques is only to help you in the beginning but might be dropped when you can do the things more easily on the right energetic level.

F D

yes, Fusion works...

If your channels are open and you are feeling chi and able to move it and tune into your organs.

It is too complex for me..I used it for several years, but I found I more and more simplified it, then I stopped doing it, I just vented what I wanted to get rid of. Healing sounds are great and simple, use the organ colours with the sounds.

Fusion is a good practice. I am not proud of allowing the complexity of it to put me off.

• Like 1

some of it - phowa - did not belong in Taoism per se.

Mantak Chia was working out with a teacher and trading some information with him. This was while he was living in long island. His name is Lar Short and is was a teacher of Tibetan practices. This is were the phowa element came from.

Bill

• Like 1

THanks for the replies guys. Very helpfull. If I deceid to learn fusion, which I probably will later on, I will learn it from my mediation teacher wich knows how to teach it in sveral very simplified versions and to avoid turning it into an overttly technical micromangment of chi but put more psychology and wisdom into it. Acording to him Andy Fretwel also teaches a version of fusion more along these lines.

Apparently according to my teacher I stumbled on part of the fusion practice years ago in meditation when I just intuitively got some visualisations and started to play with them. THe experence was amazing and deeply healing and energizing but since I did not know what I was doing I couldn`t repeat it. But it is interesting than one can stumble upon it like that and it supports the argument that at its core it is quite a natural occuring process.

Sign in to follow this