Sign in to follow this  
contrivedname!

How did you encounter daoism?

i asked this in my new post about stoicism and daoism, but figured this title is more general and may get more exposure.

i ran into the ddj while i was doing searching a site called librivox where you can download free audio books. i always kind of liked eastern stuff as a child growing up, but i had no idea what ddj was, however i downloaded it because of the chinese name :lol: after hearing it once it totally peaked my interest, not only in daoism, but in spirituality in general and philosophy as well (id had some spiritual type experiences before, but barley had any "labels" for them). this is a big community and since i am so new to it i was hoping to get to know a bit more about the folks who post here.

peace and love

chris

After studying Taijiquan for a few years, my shifu suggested I begin to practice Dao meditation - that was my introduction to Daoism.

In high school there was an Eastern Literature class that I took, where the teacher was very fond of Taoists.

thanks for the responses

xuesheng - could you explain to me what you mean by daoist meditation i.e. what is involved in your practice of this? im really raw when it comes to 'set' practices, as for my types of meditiation they usually arent planned per se, but the contemplative state sort of seems to arise on its own, spontaneously if you will, currently i am sort of attempting to achieve that state of mind in my normal actions thruout day to day living

Since very small when I was 4, I got into Taosim because just love to burn incense and deal with the taoism stuff. If you know, the vampire movies are very famous in hong kong back then and taoist are using their wooden swords to bust the vampires and stuff, it was what attracted me to go on the path!

Sign in to follow this