Sign in to follow this  
Detour

Recently Converted Taoist

Hello all.

For most of my life I've been athiest/agnostic (athiest in the sense of having no spiritual or religious beliefs and agnostic in the sense that I was aware I could be wrong). I really didn't feel a need or desire to change that. Culminating through experiences starting a year and a half ago, I realized for the first time that I too, needed to believe in something. What started as googling religions and ended with personal soul searching, I found spirituality I could see. One day I wrote down everything I had come to believe (it was actually a short list) and the friend I shared it with said it sounded alot like Taoism. So I started googling that, bought a copy of the Tao Te Ching, and have found everything I've read I agree with. There was no adoption of beliefs, it was all there! Now I've reached an impass. I've found my path, yet I know no other Taoists, and there is no meetingplace of any sort in my area. So, after three years of swearing off forums, I've joined one. Thanks for reading.

NEver eVer say nevER ? Anyway..

Welcome returning to this forum DeTour

Check out push hands?

Check out push hands?

No, actually had to google that. :lol: I always wanted to get into martial arts but never did. The closest I came to it was with a group of friends I used to have and we did some informal sparring. I know someone who studied Akido, pushing hands sounds alot like that, redirecting energy and such. He told me of a barfight he won without throwing a punch, kick, or anything. His back was against a brick wall, his attacker through a punch, and he deflected the punch a bit so the guy threw his fist right into the wall. Then he just walked off while the guy was clutching his bleeding fist.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Thanks especially Stigweard for all the links! BTW, I did that average age poll, and it seems my vote tipped the three way tie, smack in the middle of the two other ties! lol, I am so average.... :'(

Edited by Detour

Sign in to follow this