Vajrasattva

SANTIAGO DOBLES'S SECRET CLUB Where I take all your money & you Learn nothing.

I just realized I am qualified to offer a discount secret club. For half your money, I will immediately send 3 nothings. I do not accept goats, children only if they are old enough to clear brush and haul bags of mulch for me. That's 3 nothings for only half your money. I now return you to your regularly scheduled dung fight.

you probably know more about the bible than i, but i feel this is worth the regurgitation

"judge not the ye be not judged for with what judgement ye judge you shall be judged"

and following that line of thought: you are being far too judgemental of gih (if that is who you are implying is "hating" on santi) gih has stated that he treats santi as he would his brother ie he doesnt hold shit back from a pretense of propriety. so if you have a brother doing things that annoy you would you just sit back from a sense of propriety and not pipe up?

i am not trying to attack you or hate you with this but i believe this quote also bears repeating:

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4: Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

good reminders from jesus christo :lol:

I'm not being judgemental at all. That quote means "Fix yourself first before you try to fix someone else." I think it applies to more people than just me, so thanks for posting that. I don't feel attacked at all by your comment because it actually applies to what started this mess in the first place.

Secondly I do have a brother. We are 8 1/2 years apart in age. When he was little and was about to mess up, I would tell him. What I've learned is that most of the time when I see him messing up, he's going to do it anyway. People are stubborn like that. I know I am and I'm not afraid to admit it. You know...that's part of that removing the plank from my own eye...funny how that works.

Anyway, I've found it better to let my real brother take the fall. I'll chew his ass when he's down so he knows not to fall for the same thing twice. Messing up is a learning experience. It's better to fall and know why you fell, even though getting back up might be even more painful. That way you learn something.

You can disagree if you want, but tell me how many times I've done that exact thing only to have my brother come back months later and say,"Bruh, you were right man, I don't know how I was so stupid!"

Somewhere in Romans, Paul talks about Christians being offensive by eating "forbidden" meat around their Jewish Christian brothers. We're not talking about kosher foods, but like Paul says, if your actions are going to lead your brother to sin, it's best not to do them. But I didn't have to go to Paul for that...I thought we all learned that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That would apply to trying to offer criticism to a person you have never met, never studied with, and don't know anything about at all.

So with that, I'm done with this thread.

ACTUALLY a secret club would be really nice. I think we should all start secret clubs. Yeeah! My secret club is going to be GROOVY and we will dance to soul music and eat green & black easter eggs.

Green and Blacks rule!!!

I already have a secret club - but I can't tell you about it - well if I did, I'd have to charge you........Oh, that would be bad. OK, I'll give you a hint. It involves sock puppets.................

ACTUALLY a secret club would be really nice. I think we should all start secret clubs. Yeeah! My secret club is going to be GROOVY and we will dance to soul music and eat green & black easter eggs.

Cat - your goat is in the post! :)

I'm not being judgemental at all. That quote means "Fix yourself first before you try to fix someone else." I think it applies to more people than just me, so thanks for posting that. I don't feel attacked at all by your comment because it actually applies to what started this mess in the first place.

Secondly I do have a brother. We are 8 1/2 years apart in age. When he was little and was about to mess up, I would tell him. What I've learned is that most of the time when I see him messing up, he's going to do it anyway. People are stubborn like that. I know I am and I'm not afraid to admit it. You know...that's part of that removing the plank from my own eye...funny how that works.

Anyway, I've found it better to let my real brother take the fall. I'll chew his ass when he's down so he knows not to fall for the same thing twice. Messing up is a learning experience. It's better to fall and know why you fell, even though getting back up might be even more painful. That way you learn something.

You can disagree if you want, but tell me how many times I've done that exact thing only to have my brother come back months later and say,"Bruh, you were right man, I don't know how I was so stupid!"

Somewhere in Romans, Paul talks about Christians being offensive by eating "forbidden" meat around their Jewish Christian brothers. We're not talking about kosher foods, but like Paul says, if your actions are going to lead your brother to sin, it's best not to do them. But I didn't have to go to Paul for that...I thought we all learned that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That would apply to trying to offer criticism to a person you have never met, never studied with, and don't know anything about at all.

So with that, I'm done with this thread.

lolwut? here allow me to quote you

Brown is Stinky

are you serious? this guy hasn't said anything that I care to read or care to learn. I did think it was funny when he called me out about the whole dogma thing. Hey playboy, I'm training to become a minister, that's what people pay me to do...but oh yeah, you expect people to teach for a living and not expect any payment...which is just...well...teaching for nothing.

not that you didnt really respond to him in kind, just funny to me that you would say you didnt judge him

i agree with your interpretation of "fix yourself before you fix others", however i think that is just one possible way of viewing that bit o wisdom and that wisdom is multifaceted like a diamond.

cool that you didnt feel like i was attacking you, i just sorta felt like i had to throw a disclaimer on it cause we've never communicated before, and some folks (like me) like to jump to conclusions

"Anyway, I've found it better to let my real brother take the fall. I'll chew his ass when he's down so he knows not to fall for the same thing twice. Messing up is a learning experience. It's better to fall and know why you fell, even though getting back up might be even more painful. That way you learn something.

right on, is that sort of like what gold is doing with vajra? not saying vajra is down necessarily

but then it seems you contradict this with: "I thought we all learned that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

but perhaps you are of the opinion (like me) that some times what is "nice" doesnt always come in a pretty package i will go out on a limb and say what lost monk said to me was "nice" (nice cause he called me on some "hidden" dishonesty, and props to hagar for his insightful post in "heavy drinking and smoking")

but i disagree with "That would apply to trying to offer criticism to a person you have never met, never studied with, and don't know anything about at all."

i really am not a fan of the "what would jesus do mentality" but since i brought the quotes up it seems pertinent

did jesus intimately know the money changers? perhaps so perhaps not. did he say 'nice' things to them? perhaps depending on if you think nice is something that always comes in a pretty package or not.

people are stubborn and i am one as well :)

oh and one last thing the idea of "fixing someone" is based on a value judgement that you believe they need to be "fixed"

i enjoyed our little conversation, brother, i hope you change your mind about being done with this thread

oh and one more thing, i believe, if someone is posting honestly, then you can get a good feel of what they are like and what they are about, even if it is an incomplete picture (though does anyone ever have a 'complete' picture of someone else?)

Here's an idea.

When writing in this topic - pay more attention to the feelings in your fingertips as they press the keys, the pressure on your butt that results from your weight resting on your seat. Perhaps also notice what your feet feel like - are you wearing socks? can you feel the texture of the material? - shoes? can you feel the pressure they exert? can you feel a pulse or blood moving in your feet?

with more attention on all these sensations than on the thoughts you're so eager to express - just begin typing - without anything in mind, without having anything to say and see what comes up (you can edit it later, innit).

As the words and thoughts bubble up and come out through your fingers, see if you can have more attention on the spaces in between the words - this might make it easier to feel your body as you type.

This is what I am doing right now, as I type this. It's certainly a little slow, but at least I'm not a talking head with no body (and that is exactly how I feel when I read some of these more cerebral posts - I say 'feel' - it's actually more of an absence of all feeling)

huuummmmm - that felt good.

:)

Green and Blacks rule!!!

I already have a secret club - but I can't tell you about it - well if I did, I'd have to charge you........Oh, that would be bad. OK, I'll give you a hint. It involves sock puppets.................

I'm picking up what you are laying down my friend :D

P_cwym9xXQA

Here's an idea.

When writing in this topic - pay more attention to the feelings in your fingertips as they press the keys, the pressure on your butt that results from your weight resting on your seat. Perhaps also notice what your feet feel like - are you wearing socks? can you feel the texture of the material? - shoes? can you feel the pressure they exert? can you feel a pulse or blood moving in your feet?

with more attention on all these sensations than on the thoughts you're so eager to express - just begin typing - without anything in mind, without having anything to say and see what comes up (you can edit it later, innit).

As the words and thoughts bubble up and come out through your fingers, see if you can have more attention on the spaces in between the words - this might make it easier to feel your body as you type.

This is what I am doing right now, as I type this. It's certainly a little slow, but at least I'm not a talking head with no body (and that is exactly how I feel when I read some of these more cerebral posts - I say 'feel' - it's actually more of an absence of all feeling)

huuummmmm - that felt good.

:)

one thing that usually helps ground me is being in nature (though even then sometimes its a chaotic whirl)

when winter sets in i tend to retreat into my artifical cave :)

i like what you say about spaces in btwn words

i typically do my editing while posting initially and if i reread what i just typed sometimes i find more to add and sometimes i find what i was saying was nothing

one thing that usually helps ground me is being in nature (though even then sometimes its a chaotic whirl)

when winter sets in i tend to retreat into my artifical cave :)

i like what you say about spaces in btwn words

i typically do my editing while posting initially and if i reread what i just typed sometimes i find more to add and sometimes i find what i was saying was nothing

:lol:

Anyone else notice how as soon as the body is involved - all those things that seemed so amazingly important to the mind, suddenly don't seem as important or relevant any longer? Hence the humour and quietness that ensued.

It's like taking a deep, comfortable breath.

It's fascinating for me to see what happened on this thread. Suddenly it got so quiet here - what a relief.

I notice exactly the same parallels in myself: First some thoughts come up and I take them so seriously, concentrate on them, think them through, just generally get very involved in the whole 'story' the thoughts present. Then suddenly I notice I'm straining - my breath feels 'held' and shallow, diaphragm stiff - there is tension in my jaw and neck and throat.

So I begin letting these sensations come to the forefront of my awareness this gives me 'space', the tension diminishes as a spontaneous sigh arises and falls; I begin to feel like my awareness has more 'reach' - it can extend down to my lower body, even feet... and my mind is like "err... what was I thinking about?.... never mind - think about this instead!"... and the process starts over again. :lol:

All around me such people do not manifest. Why not? Because the wisdom I radiate precludes such phenomena from happening.

:lol: Most hilarious sentence so far in the whole forum!!!

Santiago taught me a few simple things to do for grounding. When I do them they work very well. I also bought his Guru Secrets book about hatha yoga and there is a lot of good stuff in it.

Yoiu mean, to pay attention to the body, as the typing commences? Heh, typos galore. I like this though, even if it's my first time both hearing about and trying it. This is sorta like how I felt my own aura in meditation the first time. I was relaxing into the feeling of my body and mind and suddenly felt this force extending out around me, that moved out and in, with my breath.

Yoiu mean, to pay attention to the body, as the typing commences? Heh, typos galore. I like this though, even if it's my first time both hearing about and trying it. This is sorta like how I felt my own aura in meditation the first time. I was relaxing into the feeling of my body and mind and suddenly felt this force extending out around me, that moved out and in, with my breath.

Thanks for trying it out.

Different isn't it?

yes you keep your attention on the body the whole time as you type...

You can try actually talking like that. See if you can start talking and pay attention to your body at the same time... and without knowing what you are going to say. (there is something magic there - I'll leave it for you to discover :) ) - oh - it's also an excellent practice to pay attention to your body whilst reading a story to children - you will see the effect of this practice on their reactions...

Also congratulations on finding your subtle breath. I find that the key with this is to keep concentrating on the body and normal breath - and not on the subtle breath... because as soon as I divert my attention to the subtle, it disappears. Once it becomes steady and 'bright', it's much easier to focus on it without it 'escaping'.

Here's what I got from this thread (admittedly didn't go all the way back to the start - I started on page 7)

Secret club - intriguing

black and green easter eggs for Cat (no idea why - Caribbean flag?)

Scottish Socks -?

new grounding typing practice (am doing now)

Lots of fun for all - somewhat more fun for the Brits on the forum (i am making a big assumption out of 2 pages;-))

need to start new secret club

kind of a tapering off of a kind of a weird thread that seemed sort of antivar but that Var himself started (hum, why?? ;-) But I should know better than to ask;-))

Have just lost the feeling in my left foot

Really old movie with Daniel Day Lewis in it

This is almost like the Morning Pages I do every morning except those are handwritten. Also, the above is auto censored because it's on a public forum.

Fun to do. Thanks!

Kate

Let people decide for themselves. An intelligent person will be able to take what I said, and then take what you say, and then add their own life experience and their own innate wisdom and come up a decision that's right for them. So there is no problem.

Possible problem, well proven by the Kunlun farce: what if they have little experience or wisdom? ROFL