Vajrasattva

SANTIAGO DOBLES'S SECRET CLUB Where I take all your money & you Learn nothing.

Someone here claimed that kundalini problems could be cured by meditation on no self. As if, some change in mental concept will do the trick. My limited experience of non dualism is that the energies are even more powerful and may, when the conditions are right, even result in the dissolving of the physical body. That potential is certainly there. After all, we are working with the foundation of our very existence which is pure energy and playing with this energy without a guide can be risky business.

Since the introduction of non dual teachings (Dzogchen and Advaita) in the west, there are a lot of self proclaimed experts giving advice. Their advice has nothing to do with our physical existence and just focuses on mental concepts, like no self.

BTW, KAP is really making a difference for me. I feel so much better!

ralis

quite honestly i am very surprised at how an individual such as gold is heavy has been interpreted and reacted to by a forum on spirituality and also by some of the apparent levels of maturity (i will be the first to admit that i dont know anybody here personally so it is apparent). especially one that has the "Dao" in the title. does ego ever "not exist"? i sure dont think so; it is a tool that can be used to great good or evil (if you enjoy the use of that particular dichotomy). so why all the fuss that gih decided to poke some holes in santiago's ego? hasnt he welcomed criticisms of himself? hasnt he said that he believes santi to be fair and honest and "sells a good product"? those dont sound like the wanton attacks that people seem to like to paint them as. do people shout at madman yu when reading chuang tzu because he says "virtue" has failed?

and frankly if i was some wonderful teacher (and i am not, and have no transmissions, or gurus or the like or if youd like to say it different i have countless gurus) i would be appalled at all the people (my students?) who would presume to come in and caress my ego, cause god forbid, someone called me a business man for the fact that, in essence, i run a business :o doesnt the nyingma tradition of tibet, which you have been initiated into, santi, (according to your statement), discourage "idiot compassion" (trungpa's term, or was that just his idea, please correct me here if i am wrong) and isnt one supposed to actually attempt to eliminate this type of "idiot compassion" or ignorance when they see it? oh but maybe thats what you intended to do by, in caps, and repetitively, thanking someone who creates a topic on "how to properly thank someone", because they posit that, at least for them, thanking can be negative and build up ego. so if a vegetarian posted a thread stating how it isnt "Proper" to eat meat would you end your posts by saying "time to go eat a steak"? however now i am just adding water to a flood (ie fueling an argument) so i suppose i should stop here...

i do agree that a business transaction, no matter how much bang for the buck, shouldnt be regaded as free giving, great point gih

locking this topic is a horrible idea imo, so we should just reject things that are uncomfortable and push our buttons? so much for learning; has nobody heard of the lotus growing from a swamp?

but since gih has welcomed it, i will persue with criticisms of him:

while you make good points sir, i believe that you come off as extremely arrogant and combative at times. if you are "bashing" :P santi for not being open, why do you refuse to be open about you and your past? i know you answered that question, but i think it was a dodge. and santi did give a good piece of advice, you could lighten up a bit (or maybe you behavior is purposefully contrived ;) ) so he did freely give that :lol:

oh and using a quote from jesus to imply that gold is swine, is just well, not the message jesus had in mind imo, after all didnt he just teach shit to anyone who would listen; i think that is definately implied. and santi, did i miss read you in another post, do you really think the "essence of god" is separate from you :o

it seems like not just one, but both of you are trying to discredit each other to some degree, maybe there is something to the idea that "contention is born from learning"

now ill do a bit of my own regurgitation "you can do good w/out thinking about fame, but fame will follow in its wake, fame makes no tryst with gain, yet gain will come all the same, gain makes no tryst with strif, yet strife will certainly ensue, therefore the superior person is very cautious about doing good" -yang chu (from the Liezi, Lionel Giles translation)

edit: so much for stopping about three paragraphs ago :lol:

Edited by contrivedname!

These are some of my favorite quotes...

Just out of curiosity, GIH,

Do you smoke marijuana regularly?

Crack was actually what had come to my mind.

Anyone know what a sock puppet is?

I came close to spitting tea out of my nose when I read this. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm of the simple mind of this. This forum is what it is. If you don't like it, or the way things work around here, get the fuck out. All you are doing with all your bullshit GIH, is making it where people don't want to post here anymore, because eventually people are going to get sick of every time they post you running into a topic and spreading your lies. So less and less new people will find what they came here looking for and leave. And then the older heads around here will start migrating to a different forum somewhere, that you and your bullshit aren't. Soon enough, you will come here and have little to bitch about because you and your cronies will be the only ones left to post.

uhh hawk, if you are trying to imply that i am gold you are dead wrong. if not sorry for the assumption :)

ahh and lost monk the most bitter and abusive poster that i have encountered here, take santi's advice to gold man, lighten up :)

if you are more curious about my outlook, i post at daoisopen forum under the alias manyisone, i also did some recording for librivox under the name oneinmany, i derived the name for this forum as a type of self sarcasm :)

Haven't met Santi or even talked. But I understand Shakti as the very self (yeah, non-self is a non-concept for me :) ) and can feel the same genuine Shakti in him. Shakti does not lie. Great going brother...

Haven't met Santi or even talked. But I understand Shakti as the very self (yeah, non-self is a non-concept for me :) ) and can feel the same genuine Shakti in him. Shakti does not lie. Great going brother...

Thank you May Shakti BLESS U : )

Actually you cannot. You get "stuff" from your own mind. The book is a manifestation of your own mind! You don't get any stuff from a book at all. So if you try to get any "stuff" from a book, then NO, absolutely you cannot get a damn thing from it. The same is true about any Guru or Nanny.

If a book is a manifestation of your own mind then you can get something from the book. If a guru or a nanny or a grocer are manifestations of your own mind then you can certainly get something from them too.

For many, without the reflection of the mirror the knowledge of the self would not be known so look into that mirror if it helps you. If it does not then don't. The path can look different depending on where we are on the path and to argue that another is on the wrong path because they are walking on grass not rocks is just buying into another type of illusion. Similarly, the paths of some need to take them into absolutes of right and wrong and they are where they need to be too.

If a book is a manifestation of your own mind then you can get something from the book. If a guru or a nanny or a grocer are manifestations of your own mind then you can certainly get something from them too.

For many, without the reflection of the mirror the knowledge of the self would not be known so look into that mirror if it helps you. If it does not then don't. The path can look different depending on where we are on the path and to argue that another is on the wrong path because they are walking on grass not rocks is just buying into another type of illusion. Similarly, the paths of some need to take them into absolutes of right and wrong and they are where they need to be too.

excellent thoughts, i agree

@santiago - i'll ask again, do you feel that the essence of god is outside of yourself? what led me to this question is that you posted in another thread a statement that made me think this. plus, if you dont mind, i was wondering about nyingma tradition of tibet which you have been initiated into, if you would like to provide me with information on this i would be grateful.

Anyone here old enough to remember "Lambchop"?

no but if you are still, like gossamer (thank you guru gossamer), assuming i am someone i am not feel free to check my and golds ip address', i post at night at work, and sometimes in the day after i get home. it may be a good idea to trust someone for their word sometimes. and once again, if i am making an incorrect inferrance, please correct me :)

What's a proxy server?

:(

dont know i aint very computer saavy, though i would guess it is when people shift their ip range, but i dont even know how to find out my ip let alone change it :), but i am aware that sean has the ability to do this; i have been reading this forum since around november or so, but didnt decide to join in until feb :)

dont know i aint very computer saavy, though i would guess it is when people shift their ip range, but i dont even know how to find out my ip let alone change it :), but i am aware that sean has the ability to do this; i have been reading this forum since around november or so, but didnt decide to join in until feb :)

For someone that claims to not be computer savvy, you're having no problems with some of the jargon being tossed about and giving up how to check on yourself and GIH.

For someone that claims to not be computer savvy, you're having no problems with some of the jargon being tossed about and giving up how to check on yourself and GIH.

sigh... believe what you will, though ill admit i am sort of annoyed at the presumption of a couple of :( folks here. oh and for the jargon it is because i have seen people talk about it in forums...

simply because i took the side of the person who was getting railed against (and actually i didnt really take a side because i basically implied that both had wisdom in their words), and type in a somewhat similar fashion (or can, im a pretty good writer when i try). for me honesty is my #1 virtue, if i make a scale out of it, and it just sort of hurts my feelings (yes i shouldnt care so much) when a couple people basically call me a liar for honestly posting my feelings in an already agressive and combative forum post... lost monk you stated that gold would drive people away with his postings, well it wont happen here, but please consider the medium of communication and what you are doing

much :wub:

chris

Edited by contrivedname!

I used to love Lambchop when I was a kid. Mind you it was all black and white then!

:lol:

great job hawk over water, you made me realize that i was taking this far too seriously and should remember about the things we (ie nw, zhongyong, and others) were writing about in the Stoicism thread and that i was (of course) jumping to the same types of conclusions i was "worried" about :lol:

I figured "contrivedname" was "goldisheavy" too. Never heard of it being called a sockpuppet though. Do people do that alot?

Santiago..... YOU RULE!

excellent thoughts, i agree

@santiago - i'll ask again, do you feel that the essence of god is outside of yourself? what led me to this question is that you posted in another thread a statement that made me think this. plus, if you dont mind, i was wondering about nyingma tradition of tibet which you have been initiated into, if you would like to provide me with information on this i would be grateful.

1) Lama Khenpo Yurmed Tinley Rinpoche

2)No i do not feel the essence of god is outside of myself. It is both WITH IN & WITH OUT. And it is truly in the Heart of all men Problem is most men have not become yet a HU - MAN

HU = is powerful name of GOD

Man = Man

HUMAN

Even though I know , I AM

And even though I know the essence of God is with in I still strive to be his servant not anything more cause all that is in this illusion is his creation not mine. I in this shape and form didn't wake up out of my mom's womb and create this planet nor the people around me. Many people when they reach the 1st stages of awakening and have a Union with the Divine fall for the 1st trap.

And that TRAP is

I AM GOD. Nothing Applies to me cause I am GOD. Even in Bonpo the TRAP in the GODLY realm is comfort and extravagance.

Yes it has a TRUTH but we are what we are BECAUSE OF GOD's Will & Grace not ours. WE did not create anything nor can take the credit for it.

We are truly ZERO and are animated in this play of illusions by the ONE. There is nothing more. So one must be Zero to allow the ONE to be with in you.

La Ilaha Illah-l-lah (There is no god but the one and true God)

So no matter how much ability or power or development or ENLIGHTENMENT one attains. PLease keep in mind it is attained cause.

1) God allowed you to

2) God gave you the grace & Blessings to learn what you learned in this life time.

3) Your power/Abilities/Attainments are God's they are not really yours you are ZERO.

You can View God as : ALLAH/UNIVERSE/HU/AUM/TAO/SHIVASHAKTI/

It doesn't matter the name in the end It is beyond a name. But some names are a "code" of understanding and a resonance of frequencies to help you go deeper in the infinite ocean of Bliss both with in & with out.

Peace

Santiago

I figured "contrivedname" was "goldisheavy" too. Never heard of it being called a sockpuppet though. Do people do that alot?

Santiago..... YOU RULE!

No Darin You Rule : )

:D

"SANTIAGO DOBLES'S SECRET CLUB Where I take all your money & you Learn nothing."

If you can take all my money and possessions, unlearn what i ever learned and learn what nothing is.

Then im in.

Cheers ! :)

Truth is, there are many simultaneous, different, competing ideas about subtle energies. What does this mean? It means these visions are cultural, relative, empty (in the Buddhist sense), unique. They are not "HOW IT IS". They are how it is for some people in some belief systems. There is nothing universal about them if you look at them honestly.

Even physical human anatomy is not universal. Some people have few more muscles than others, etc. People just don't pay attention to this. We all want to think that everything we know and see is objective and universally applicable. The only universal "thing" is the highest wisdom, which is very abstract and has no particular concrete representation at all.

It seems this is the crux of many of your opinions.

But it's just another ideology, no?

IMO, a true embrace of Mystery includes an openness to the possibility that forms evolved precisely the way they have in order to create the potential for an incarnated consciousness evolving into and living as an expression of the Recognition of That.

It's totally weird and you can get existential "theatre of the absurd" about it if you want.

But the inherent Emptiness of Form is absolutely not the same as "there is nothing universal about form".

Discrepancies do not prove everything is relative, they are playful variations on a basic theme.

Clarity doesn't literally destroy the world. The manifestation of Form remains more or less consistent.

This is the other side of the cosmic joke coin and it's just as hilarious.

Mountains are, again, just mountains. Return to the market.

Sean