Sign in to follow this  
steve

what was I thinking?

Ever come across an old post you made and thought....

:huh:

It can be an instructive experience.

This happened to me. But sometimes I come across an old post and I think, "there is no way that wise and compassionate person can be me, can it?" I have to do a double take before I can believe, yes, yes, I wrote that and not Guru Padmasambhava. I wrote that and not Chuang Tzu. Wow... I bow before myself. :)

So yea, I've seen myself as an idiot and as a wise sage, both.

Edited by goldisheavy

Oh, yes!

These days, I've found comfort in the fact that most of the time I embarass myself, and most posts from way back I do not have a clue to where they came from. Its a mystery!

Most posts look way more profound than they really are, but that has to do with language. I mean, why post something tedious or boring? C'mon! Aren't we all making up stories? Even when trying to be honest.

h

Old post? man, I get that :huh: face reading all my post, old or recent and while writing them. Even when it takes me 15-20 minutes to write just three lines, changing this word, that word, deleting a line here and there...............they still don't come out right. :mellow:

Oh, yes!

These days, I've found comfort in the fact that most of the time I embarass myself, and most posts from way back I do not have a clue to where they came from. Its a mystery!

Most posts look way more profound than they really are, but that has to do with language. I mean, why post something tedious or boring? C'mon! Aren't we all making up stories? Even when trying to be honest.

h

That kind of self examination and honesty is admireable. And Hagar, to me, your stuff is genuinely from the heart so it has something special to it.

Edited by mat black

I definitely have that "Wow, really? I thought that?" with a lot of my posts. It's so obvious sometimes when rereading them what state of mind I was in too... either anxious, angry, boastful, happy, nostalgic, etc. etc.

But we shouldn't be too critical, causes and conditions... how much control do we have over them anyway?

This thread makes me think I should take a look at my old threads and see what I was thinking over the past few years - thanks! :rolleyes:

I don't really look through my old posts... I procrastinate far too much already by reading threads and making new posts, I don't need to go back and re-read the ones that have already taken up my time.

Besides, I trust that my brilliance and genius shines through everything I do at any point in life :D

Old post? man, I get that :huh: face reading all my post, old or recent and while writing them. Even when it takes me 15-20 minutes to write just three lines, changing this word, that word, deleting a line here and there...............they still don't come out right. :mellow:

That kind of self examination and honesty is admireable. And Hagar, to me, your stuff is genuinely from the heart so it has something special to it.

Likewise dude.

I read one of my posts on the old HT forum back in the days. It was adressed to you. Funny, I have forgotten some of the stuff that I suggested in relating to practice.

h

Sign in to follow this