thelerner

Looking for first hand perceptions

I'd love to ask questions for those who can consistently see into the spirit world.

How often do you see spirits(ghosts?)

What do you think they are?

Does that differ from what you were initially taught or does it confirm earlier teaching?

How has it changed your life?

Would you consider it a third eye experience?

Do you consider dreams and dream work to be another portal into seeing the spiritual world?

Last question

What is good and what is bad about it?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your answers. I'm hoping this focuses the discussion away from theoretical and into what people actually experience.

Michael

Sorry, but I will give you a second hand accuount. I had a conversation with a psychic once, a professional. Becuase of my interest in meditation, I asked her for a subjective account at how she "picked" things up. She was one of those that could touch a person or place and pick up messages.

She said that her mind would get dark and the images would appear naturally, like thoughts. The way she described it, it was like passive imagination--- the thoughts were not different from other thoughts, but they would relate to the person/object she held. Specifcally, they were mental images, smells, etc of varying degrees of vividness. She also said it was like recalling a memory. She was raised a Baptist and this ability came to her out of the blue one day.

Now as a meditator, I know that behind our ordinary thoughts, there is a chain of seemingly unending random thoughts. These thoughts I know from experience lead to dreams. It sounds like this was the same source she was drawing on.

As I recently added to another thread here- the inter-action has almost always been with people I knew/know well (and some less well but having ties through other people I am very close to).

It usually leaves me very melancholy, maybe "drained" is a better discription...It is joyful to feel close but it does not last in my minds' eye ... so -it is also a bit like trying to get -if not actually getting - used to the spiritual connections. They seem sort of "strained" or tenuous sometimes...Other times almost overwhelming, or it just settles into a feeling of connectedness that is vast in its' network...But I remain some how unable to be part of that realm - (I guess because I'm alive!?)

The realm of spirit seems to adhere to what is alive. Magnetic in its simple attraction. One more thing in the Tao's balancing act...creating interactions...

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

I've experienced my most powerful revelations, experiences, coincidences, realizations in shamanic journeys.

From my experience,

Most people "feel" ghosts or the spirits before they "see" it with their eye. By the time anyone "see" them around, it is very serious thing going on already.

First thing you feel is "temporature changes" as describe in the "ghost post".

Next thing you will realize is "feeling of exsistent"

Then what comes is you feel drained out of energy, tired, and want to sleep or lack of energy, moody, grumpy and get frustrated easily. Sometimes even get the idea of wanting to die, feeling you are a looser, etc,. negative feelings comes from negative energy (yin energy).

If this last a long time, then you maybe able to see them. (but already very bad luck and bad health)

*Some people who are born with the ability to see "ghosts" around is because they have trained the wrong path last live, this is the side-effect they got after rebirth.

One needs a good foundation of cultivation in order for you to handle such encounters and not drift into psychological distortions.

This bears repeating so:

One needs a good foundation of cultivation in order for you to handle such encounters and not drift into psychological distortions.

In my own experience, there are many passageways in everyday life to the "spirit world". Most of those we are unable to recognize. Falling asleep, or fading out of ordinary consciousness, you may get a small glimpse.

It is mostly challenging for us because of our identificaiton with the rational mind. So if I am able to get glimpses, the method is to become abit like Peter Pan. Decide to let go of your ground of reason, and become "in-sane", in a way, meaning stopping the feeding of rational thought, our greatest delusion. Then suddenly you fly.

This can be done contemplating a piece of art, music, a natural scenery, when in deep connection with a loved one, when emerged into an activity. Forget about doing it intentionally, and forget about using drugs.

I personally remember these instances vaguely, and I think it is important not to remember them so well.

The most vivid was an awake dream I had on a retreat where my master was delayed, and we were playing around with many of his practices as we were waiting for his arrival: (I found it amusingly poetic at the time).

I sat and was told to focus on a challigraphy. I struggled, and found the whole thing abit stupid and boring.

Maybe 5 minutes before the session was over I finally let go, and whommm... I was flying over snow.

It was Mont Blanc, as I recognized it. I ascended upward high above the glaciers, higher and higher until I reached the summit. Then it started again with lightening speed, upward, again and again. And then I had a strong emotional reaction and something passed.

I don't know if that was bit beside the point, but I considered the mountain as good a spirit as anything.

h

You first.

:)

wish I could, but I have none, I'm 'trapped' in a rationalist state of mind and thats not always good. I think we have senses laying dormant that would show us other sides of reality, talent and/or training can bring them out.

I'd like to get first hand examples of what and how people see it, how they enter it. Often we can't do something unless we see others doing it and are confident its real.

Michael

In one apartment I lived in many years ago we had a ghost. Everbody could see him as a subtle fog in the shape of a man, when we showed them. Sometimes he would go to the kitchen and make som noise, and then go back to his corner and just look at us. Many ghosts are not scary at all.

Another time I met a ghost that came with an old piano some friends bought. He gave them nightmares and bad feelings. But when I talked to him and explained that they where actually going to take good care of the piano, he calmed down. Now they live harmoniously and minding their own business in their own dimensions.

I feel the new-age way of exorcism where they force the ghost, or the spirit or energy, into "the light" is actually a criminal act of violation. Some people are so high on "love" and their own "divine intention" they dont see what they are really doing. They just want everyone else to feel the same way. Like a drug addict giving heroine to people that havent asked for it. Most often it is not exorcism the ghosts need. They only need to be explained what is going on.

And very often what people believe is ghosts, is really just energetic projections of their own subconsious issues. It is not the ghost that need treatment but the individual having "troube with ghosts".

The reason of why you see ghost at your house can happen for 2 reason.

1. your problem - your energy level is very "yin" or you did something wrong so that you see them because you have break some rules between the 2 dimension first, which lead to problems.

2. the house problem - the house is too "yin" or have some kind of "background" like if someone suicide or die in the house before, then there might be a chance of seeing them if your energy is not too high.

---

both ways can conclude that seeing ghosts at home maybe not harmful but it is still not good because you and the environment is going to the "yin" side of energy which leads to bad luck and health. It would not be too obvious in the short term, unless you have someone which gives you a boost in energy and you feel good luck all of a sudden.

...I feel the new-age way of exorcism where they force the ghost, or the spirit or energy, into "the light" is actually a criminal act of violation. Some people are so high on "love" and their own "divine intention" they dont see what they are really doing. They just want everyone else to feel the same way. Like a drug addict giving heroine to people that havent asked for it. Most often it is not exorcism the ghosts need. They only need to be explained what is going on. ...

Agreed. Also, most of those doing these "exorcisms" have no idea how to and are not powerful enough to actually part the curtain. So it ends up as a kind of torture. But love, if true love with the best intention for all concerned, is good. If a person can part the curtain and it is earth-bound spirits they are dealing with, then offering the OPTION of rising up through the created portal is an awesome thing to behold - for all concerned.

I am sorry, but what is "exorcisms" means?

I do not understand.

Exorcism is when you remove a spirit from someones body or a place.

Oh.. now I know waht you guys are talking abuot!

Okay, in Taoism, or at least in my experience, I never fail in any exorcisms becaue the main thing you need to know is not to be violence and always want to "kill" the ghost. What you want to do is to solve the problem. So we must be trained to analyze many factors to find the "root cause" of why the ghost is there so we can clear it out.

One thing we do usaully during exorcisms is to CHIU DO (to bring them back to the yin-dimension) so that they can move on to their next path for recarnation. Even those "ghost babies" who are trained by evil masters to do harm, they love this treatment too!

If some aggressive ones who do not take this path, they are then to be "chopped".

Mak Tin Si