Sign in to follow this  
Tactile

Fast pulse after yoga

Hello

I suffer from fatigue which is mostly coming from my root/sacral chakra / kidney stuff with some amount depression thrown in. I've been looking through different types of practices regarding this to make my living more manageable and right now it seems the most effective way of feeling better for me is from astanga yoga. To summarize, it is a quite physical yoga with emphasis on fire breathing (from the throat) and bandhas (root lock and ltt lock) in conjuction with asanas and vinyasas. For a person with weak core/root energy / lethargy I think it's a good match. I've been trying out some other stuff lately but this is a practice I've known for a quite long time and is a part of me kind of so I think there is sense to return to this. I'm having some issues though, and I'm wondering if I could get some feedback here..

Two days ago I practiced astanga in the early day. In the evening I noticed my pulse was still abnormally high (around 100-120 and my normal pulse is around 65-70) from the yoga and it remained so until I went to bed. I felt fine otherwise. Should I be worried about this or does this fit into a normal cleansing pattern? I have a few energy patterns to break through so I think the process has to be at least somewhat dramatic. But of course too dramatic is aways too dramatic.. This was my first session in a while also so that may also have an effect. But my main worry is that even though I really feel normal after astanga, which is something I can't say for a lot of practices, I'm thinking how do I know I'm not overdoing it. It's like playing with fire (literally :) ) and one TCMish guy told me that because of my weakish kidneys I should be careful to not to dry them up too much, which is what fire breathing can do in his opinion. Was it just his bias (because we all have those) or was there a point? Anybody here experienced with astanga/similar forms of yoga?

J

Edited by Tactile

This is something a cardiologist should answer.

Edit: also talk to the TCM guy. See if he thinks it's the best exercise for you, or what you could do to help yourself perform the exercise without getting negative effects.

Edited by Scotty

Sign in to follow this