Sign in to follow this  
Yuen Biao

Meditation and hand positions...

I have recently been mixing things up a little in my morning seated meditations and trying out various hand positions. I tend to use placing one plam within the other but of late I have used the 'prayer mundra' (pressing the palms of the hands together firmly).

But I really would like to know how everyone else places their hands. I'm nosey!

I was looking on Google for some kind of diagram or illustration of this but alas couldn't find anything.

I have recently been mixing things up a little in my morning seated meditations and trying out various hand positions. I tend to use placing one plam within the other but of late I have used the 'prayer mundra' (pressing the palms of the hands together firmly).

But I really would like to know how everyone else places their hands. I'm nosey!

I was looking on Google for some kind of diagram or illustration of this but alas couldn't find anything.

Left hand over my right hand palms up the majority of the time, sometimes palms down one hand on each knee.

Edit: I found quite a few diagrams using this search

http://images.google.com/images?q=mudras&a...p;um=1&sa=2

Edited by Unconditioned

I like keeping it simple with partially opened folded hands in the lap, which ends up being directly at the lower dan tien. The shoulders and arms can relax fully with this, and it balances things energetically.

foldedHands.jpg

Sign in to follow this