Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Texas is going FUBAR

Does Mexico have oil that they're threatening to stop selling in USD?

Are they "anti-Zionist" Muslims?

If not, then Obama has no incentive to defend against them. We have much bigger fish to fry in the "war against terror" in Iraq, Pakistan and other oil-bearing/Muslim countries halfway across the world for the safety of our nation. :rolleyes:

Does Mexico have oil that they're threatening to stop selling in USD?
They have oil but they will never switch to Euro. They intentionally ignore the border with Mexico to create another "Problem-Reaction-Solution" scenario. Remember the 2 border patrolmen who went to jail for doing their job? This is the official policy.

They have oil but they will never switch to Euro. They intentionally ignore the border with Mexico to create another "Problem-Reaction-Solution" scenario. Remember the 2 border patrolmen who went to jail for doing their job? This is the official policy.
True, the eventual "solution" being bio-chipped citizenships that allow/deny access between the US, Canada & Mexico in the future NAU. Essentially, a virtual mobile fence. Since obviously a physical border fence simply "doesn't work."

Anyhow, what I propose for our immigration policy is a kind of NBA free agent system where you must trade "players." This would help enforce some degree of fair quality control. So, if we give them a brain surgeon, we might want one of theirs in return, or perhaps 25 construction workers. And they can't send us any drug cartel members, lawyers or politicians unless they take some gangbangers of ours back.

Ok, that's half-in-jest, but at the same time there would be some conceptual value to it.

True, the eventual "solution" being bio-chipped citizenships that allow/deny access between the US, Canada & Mexico in the future NAU. Essentially, a virtual mobile fence. Since obviously a physical border fence simply "doesn't work."

Anyhow, what I propose for our immigration policy is a kind of NBA free agent system where you must trade "players." This would help enforce some degree of fair quality control. So, if we give them a brain surgeon, we might want one of theirs in return, or perhaps 25 construction workers. And they can't send us any drug cartel members, lawyers or politicians unless they take some gangbangers of ours back.

Ok, that's half-in-jest, but at the same time there would be some conceptual value to it.

ehhhhh..... good idea though :)

not really bad anyway! :)

Edited by froggie

Here is another story:

http://www.mensjournal.com/baghdad-on-our-border

It's very possible that eventually Texas and all the nearest states will unite and start the civil war after they fight openly against the Mexican criminals and our government refuses to give them the permission to do so. And then the whole hell will brake loose. Texans are well armed and are not going to lay down without a fight.

What has got to do this thread with Taoism/Buddhism? :o

Edited by durkhrod chogori

What has got to do this thread with Taoism/Buddhism? :o

The thread may not have started with much Taoism, but the solution to the problem is wholly Taoist and finally at least one city, El Paso, is starting to push the Federal government for it (though this was met by a "bi#ch slap" from Congress). The connection? Lao Tzu had this to say:

"...The more rules and regulations,

The more thieves and robbers.

Therefore the sage says:

I take no action and people are reformed.

I enjoy peace and people become honest.

I do nothing and people become rich.

I have no desires and people return to the good and simple life." (Chpt. 57)

Legalize it and let the corporate thugs wipe out the funding these terrorists and gangsters have been getting. Then you would pull the rug out from under them and simultaniously stimulate the economy with thousands of legitimate jobs, both industrial and agricultural...

I agree that rules, especially if they are not mere guidelines, the enforced kinds, are generally bad. If people don't want to naturally do the right thing, and if the only way to get them to do the right thing is to put a spying camera and a policeman with a big club on top of them, then you have a cultural problem that cannot whatsoever be solved with brute force, fear, and other such low life methods. This is what many people don't understand yet. Many people believe if you put more and stronger enforcement in place, everything will be better. They don't see how culture is infinitely more important in creating a peaceful and good life than the number of policemen on the street or how big and bad your army forces are.

How/why exactly are there "Pro-Drug Cartel Mexicans"? How do they justify that? Or is there some clandestine robin-hood story with the mexican drug cartels that I don't know about? Support from Mexican citizens? :blink:

Edited by fizix

I agree that rules, especially if they are not mere guidelines, the enforced kinds, are generally bad. If people don't want to naturally do the right thing, and if the only way to get them to do the right thing is to put a spying camera and a policeman with a big club on top of them, then you have a cultural problem that cannot whatsoever be solved with brute force, fear, and other such low life methods. This is what many people don't understand yet. Many people believe if you put more and stronger enforcement in place, everything will be better. They don't see how culture is infinitely more important in creating a peaceful and good life than the number of policemen on the street or how big and bad your army forces are.

More people are realizing. The Libertarian party grew by around 28% last year alone (the only reason this is pertinent is that they are among the only politicians that seem to actually want less government control) and groups like LEAP (http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php) are growing as well. All it takes is enough people getting sick of sickness and we will no longer be sick...

Sign in to follow this