Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Pan-ism

the new "Panism" (Writing a book)

Pan-ist (coined by me 2008) Is the belief that people of similar political and religious views must be separated, and by their types forced to work together as a well oiled machine as each part of the entire whole has something the other needs. This means that there would be a centralized body of individuals devoted to making this work, who understand ALL the perceptions of people they rule. Thus it become highly specialized, and can only be undertaken by people who have trained have enough awareness so as not to have an opinion.

This is in harmony with Dao where the energies have become scattered in recent times and symbolizes and structures a "regrouping" of energies for the synergy of the future ages. Separation in itself being the effective limitation of all antagonism as far as deemed necessary to preserve each view for posterity.

Ideas, critique - Ill be here.

I think it's a nice intent, but not practical at all. I don't see how this would be accomplished in any realistic sense.

I think a more approachable version of that is to encourage each person to befriend a critic or someone who is not exactly like them. For a dummy example, let's say all your friends are democrats, so make one friend a republican. If all your friends are atheists, make one friend who is a believer. This is not an exact recipe! It's just the spirit that matters. The spirit is to have at least one person close to you who is not like you.

I think that's not a bad idea. I don't think it's necessary to do, but if someone practices this, I can't imagine anything but good things to say about that.

An even more practical approach is to leave your friends alone, and just contemplate more. Be less of a drone. Take fewer things for granted. Re-view your old beliefs. Are they still true?

Edited by goldisheavy

Thats a valid point, and a very good one made me think of my early years studying psychology for management.. as in Groupthink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

Initially the idea I had was based upon panology a long dead science that died circa 1847...

It was based upon how everything is interelated and associated with everything else.

the 'forced to work together..' part seem particularly sticky to me. I'm not sure how 'separated' you imagine your organization getting? Reading your description my first thought was communism. Communism is a beautiful idea, one humanity isn't ready for, it tends to break down quickly into facism.

Early Kibbutz's in Israel were fascinating experiments in shared communities. Even the kids were separated & raised apart from the parents communally, but the early Kibbutz's tended to break down. The fervor of the first few generations could not be sustained. You see similar things happening in monasteries across the world.

People don't want to be forced to do anything.

My home state Illinois was a haven(til upset neighbors burned them down) for Utopian cities in the 19th century. I have no doubt some of them reflected Panistic thoughts in some ways. None of them lasted despite religious fervor(& being driven away, exception being the Mormons of Navoo).

I can only think smaller is better. A shared apartment building of like minded people would be where it could start.

Is the book going to be mostly theoretical or is the real interest writing about a real Pan istic group.

Michael

... This means that there would be a centralized body of individuals devoted to making this work, who understand ALL the perceptions of people they rule.

The Illuminati?

The Illuminati?

Ive heard of the conspiracy theory, but do I believe it, no I dont.

Is the book going to be mostly theoretical or is the real interest writing about a real Pan istic group.

Michael

It morea about stuff ive seen in dreams, writing it down. Historical information couldnt hurt.

Sign in to follow this