Sign in to follow this  
Unconditioned

Anthony De Mello's "Awareness" Free Audio

I had purchased the book "Awareness" by Anthony DeMello and found the audio lectures that made up the text on youTube. These talks/books are very interesting in that he is a Christian but his ideas are very eastern (and I'll venture to say Taoist).

Here is a link to the complete playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EC25151943DE0F35

Thought I'd share this with the bums, enjoy!

I've posted about him many times and won't repeat myself here other than to say that I find his work to be profound and beautiful.

He has an 8 cd set called Wake Up to Life that is urgently recommended.

Thanks for posting that link!

I've read all of his books! Awareness was my favorite.

I've got to buy a gift for my parents so thanks for this...

the CD set would make a most excellent gift!

:)

I've posted about him many times and won't repeat myself here other than to say that I find his work to be profound and beautiful.

He has an 8 cd set called Wake Up to Life that is urgently recommended.

Thanks for posting that link!

No problem! I'll definitely have to check out the CDs, he's so down to earth and easy to understand... one of my favorites.

After listening to 7 of those clips I can say that this guy definitely contemplates. He's pretty close to truth, although he can't yet come full circle, there is a gap in his understanding. What I mean is, as you understand things, you move away from the current understanding of reality, the so-called "brainwashing", but as you go further, you re-discover the original intent of said "brainwashing" and see it in a new light. This doesn't mean the brainwashing is bad. It doesn't mean the brainwashing is good. It doesn't inherently mean anything in and of itself, but it means your mind can see the full vista in a panoramic 360 degree manner, so you can see how if you keep turning to the right, you eventually see the same thing. And this guy hasn't touched the "eventually see the same thing" part of insight.

Now, after you can see the full 360, you can then make a good choice as to where to fly. You don't have to stay brainwashed. You can, what he calls "wake up". Or you can re-brainwash yourself in a new way. Or you can do something in the middle of waking up and brainwashing or something altogether indescribable in those terms. This is something he can't quite get, because to him there is still a well defined profane vs. sacred distinction.

As I like to explain things, "profane" and "sacred" are not well defined at all, but have personal tentative meaning, subject to change.

Overall I would say he's an excellent guy to listen to. He can certainly shake the bullshit for many people.

Edited by goldisheavy

Sign in to follow this