Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Lessons I'm Learning.

Visualizations don't do anything for me but make me slightly high.

meditations on the breath seem to be where it's at.

Visualization qigong seems to do less for me than Movement and Breath qigong. (Springforest mixes the two, as well as emptiness, this system is one that I respect)

Stillness helps me teach myself.

Body and mind are equal.

I looked a person in the face, who gave me her heart, all of her trust, and love. Then I lied to her. Now, how does she know that she can trust me? This is my first true hard felt lesson on honesty. I'm reorganizing my philosophy on life to include this virtue. I will act from a place of honesty in every step I take and every word I speak. I want to be trusted again by the person who I love the most in this world.

Service to others helps me experience a good harmony.

That's where i'm at. Please add your lessons, or comment on mine.

Breathing and Movement IS the visualization, no seperation of mind/body in this practice. It is all Yi.

I looked a person in the face, who gave me her heart, all of her trust, and love. Then I lied to her.

You felt it. It's good either or. roar. real lear n in heart mind. bouts of life. In these moments secrets lie.

Edited by Spectrum

Have you tried tactile imaging? Google Robert Bruce and you're sure to find information on it. Instead of using visual imagery, you use bodily sensation imagery. It is generally much easier for qigong.

Visualization qigong seems to do less for me than Movement and Breath qigong. (Springforest mixes the two, as well as emptiness, this system is one that I respect)

Good topic P-man, I see you are a sincere spiritual pather.(There's so many retarded posts on this forum lately, I sometimes wonder) Here's my stuff at the moment.

Right now I try to make yang-type meditations into yin (passive, no effort), so even vizualizations (which Ive found taxing) become as easy as breathing. Also when they become effortless I can stack for example, a visualation upon anapana, upon a sensation of energy. Right now Im trying to incorporate "being everywhere in the universe" into all my meditations, and the results are just groovy. Sometimes you just know that this is the way towards the Tao, just like making "love" part of all meditations; the feeling and visualizing of being the universe (I picked up this tip from Smile's post on what Master Nan told him to do. Powerful powerful advice.) just gets me ...deliciously...closer.

This is my first true hard felt lesson on honesty. I'm reorganizing my philosophy on life to include this virtue. I will act from a place of honesty in every step I take and every word I speak. I want to be trusted again by the person who I love the most in this world.

I think your honesty is a little extreme. Maybe it's okay to lie sometimes still. Why did you lie in the first place? You should isolate that one motive, maybe that's all that needs to be changed.

It does sound like this is going to include being honest with yourself. If you should happen to lie again, at least you'll know your reasons why and it will have been a choice instead of a knee jerk reaction. Saying I'm sorry, forgiving, and allowing forgiveness is the hardest thing and best thing all at the same time. All my best to you. Joe.

Breathing and Movement IS the visualization, no seperation of mind/body in this practice. It is all Yi.

You felt it. It's good either or. roar. real lear n in heart mind. bouts of life. In these moments secrets lie.

hahahaha(the kind of laughing you get from solving a puzzle). I see that now, the mind and body is very slick. I know of a lady who focuses not on breath, or visualization, just intent. she uses her desire to guide her Yi. She makes cool feelings and hot floods down to the feet in me when she intends on healing.

Have you tried tactile imaging? Google Robert Bruce and you're sure to find information on it. Instead of using visual imagery, you use bodily sensation imagery. It is generally much easier for qigong.

I have tried tactile imaging. In a sense I use it all the time, when I focus on my body and senses during every day activities, as well as standing, drills, and form. Energy goes where attention flows?

Right now I try to make yang-type meditations into yin (passive, no effort), so even vizualizations (which Ive found taxing) become as easy as breathing. Also when they become effortless I can stack for example, a visualation upon anapana, upon a sensation of energy. Right now Im trying to incorporate "being everywhere in the universe" into all my meditations, and the results are just groovy.

cool man that sounds brilliant. Like throwing a punch, relaxed but filled with intention and content.

I think your honesty is a little extreme. Maybe it's okay to lie sometimes still. Why did you lie in the first place? You should isolate that one motive, maybe that's all that needs to be changed.

I don't think it's okay to lie to anyone besides the police. I lied to protect myself from losing what I have and to protect someone from feeling bad, and that broke the trust she had in me. It was stupid. I made out with this girl when I was thinking about seeing other people. I just told my girlfriend about it, but told a few lies. I've come completely clean on all of them though. I know the point you're making. I've just experienced something else.

It does sound like this is going to include being honest with yourself. If you should happen to lie again, at least you'll know your reasons why and it will have been a choice instead of a knee jerk reaction. Saying I'm sorry, forgiving, and allowing forgiveness is the hardest thing and best thing all at the same time. All my best to you. Joe.

You are right joe, honesty with myself is definitely an issue. I tend to see clearly after I feel emotional pain. I feel more alive and "pure"... energetically, like my heart got washed out or something.

It's time for me to experience these things. I hope to see more people post some of their learnings on this thread. I thank everyone for their time.

hey all :)

Some time ago i lived in unhealthy conditions and my heart suffered big stress, so im here to

ask you about some practice to increase healty and vitality of heart.

Tai Ji Quan is a good exercise for a healthy heart. It's slow rhythmic movements tune your body into it's natural cycles, balancing metabolism and naturally adjust the blood pressure through a slow and steady progression that leads the body to a healthy, ie blissful, state.

It also naturally feeds into health (qiqong)or martial(gungfu) practices. In it's fully developed form it can be a spiritual exercise as well as used for self defense of body and mind.

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this