Matt

The Nisargadatta Gita by Pradeep Apte

These moments of inner quiet will burn out all obstacles without fail. Don't doubt its efficacy. Try it.

-Nisargadatta, p. 217, I AM THAT

Edited by Matt

Wonderful links - thanks guys!

_/\_

PS great avatar AugustLeo

Edited by xuesheng

Oopppss!! Found something in this Gita I disagree with (what a surprise):

33. When this concept 'I am' departs there will be no memory left that 'I was' and 'I had'. Those experiences, the very memory will be erased.

I take issue with the word "erased".

I'm too tired to give analytical reply, but I'll give you this spontaneous one instead:

Oh! The field of total possibility is ever complete -- that is mind!

Possibilities are neither created nor destroyed! Wonderful!

Even if something disappears, the possibility of that appearance does not disappear.

Omniscient mind knows what all appearances are, because what appears is not the same as what could be appearing but does not.

Appearances are contextualized by the total field of possibilities.

Even a fool has an omniscient mind.

Knowing there is nothing to gain or lose -- relax authentically if you wish.

The possibility of fear is ever present. Even Buddha's mind is not devoid of such possibility.

Therefore do not seek to erase fear! Simply intend what you wish! Do not check for approaching enemies or obstacles. Just go forward like an innocent baby toward your goal. It's not that you cannot possibly experience fear, it's just that you choose not to manifest fear. Therefore without conquering fear, its dominance is over. Fear is a choice.

Edited by goldisheavy

You must watch yourself continuously - particularly your mind - moment by moment, missing nothing. This witnessing is essential for the separation of the self from the not-self.

- Nisargadatta, p. 27, I AM THAT

Nisargadatta_Gita.pdf

Edited by Matt

A relaxation of being naturally arises if one is not seduced into taking ideas to be truth. - Suzanne Segal

Edited by Matt

M: by all means employ the mind, but dont get lost in the mind. Observe the mind, be a witness to the mind flow.

(p. 38, Prior to Consciousness)

Edited by Matt

Awe is energy, as it is attention.

How then may we confirm energy as existing outside of perception? We must have tools that measure independently of subjective perception.

I do not believe that people can feel another person watching them, but maybe they can. I have never noticed it with myself watching or being watched by others.

Thank you so much for this link!:)

Awe is energy, as it is attention.

How then may we confirm energy as existing outside of perception? We must have tools that measure independently of subjective perception.

I do not believe that people can feel another person watching them, but maybe they can. I have never noticed it with myself watching or being watched by others.

Thank you so much for this link!:)

"There are no jnanis. Jnana alone is." - Ramana Maharshi

Edited by Matt