Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

TO ALL - attention! something to discuss!

So now, what do you think eh? If anyone have to complain about my postings recently, please do it here, I love to accept complains. But Sean here is giving me these PM, what can I say eh?

Mak Tin Si

========

I do not need to convince you of anything.

It's very simple:

Abide the rules and stay.

Otherwise you leave.

This is not a democracy. This is not communism. This is a forum that I run based on what I think is right.

Get over yourself.

And if I see you try to post with different nicknames, I will ban your entire IP range. I should ban you even just for making this threat.

Sean

That is very not-convincing Sean. you are the moderator of the forum, you gotta be good dealing with people who go and posts here. So if you want me to reduce postings and I see no complains now on the forum, how can you convince me instead? I need to see some proofs or you want to get a poll running on the taobum open discussion now so that people can vote to let me see what is wrong now with the postings I did recently!

If you want to act like a bastard and talk here at the back to be a communist, what can I say? But I like to talk about this in the open areas so it is more convincing for me and you instead.

If you don't like it, that's your problem. I can always post with many many nicknames if you want. It's not hard to get some postings going if you force me to do something. But I like to play a fare game, let me see some proofs and I would like to cooperate with you too. Don't be so childish and try to control my postings limits like that. It's non-sense. I am chatting with people now at the open areasd and people are "okay" with me, what's wrong with you there sean?

Mak Tin Si

No.

Pleaes quote and send some complaints letters for me to see as I am very very interested in seeing what people are saying at the back!

Thanks!

Mak Tin Si

Several complaints.

Please use your personal practice area for your personal teachings and Taoist Discussion area to start discussions with the community.

Great, any complains from the public this time except yourself?

Final warning.

One new topic per week.

Sean

QUOTE]Sean,

Well, as on your side, you said you get complains, on my side I got supporters telling me to not stop posting. What are you expecting me to do? This forum is open and everybody do have the rights to post. If you want me to post less, then I would rather just leave after a while. Thank you for your offering, but I do not like to be limited in the way.

Mak Tin Si

I'm getting a lot of complaints about how many new topics you are starting. Please limit yourself to one new topic per week maximum.

Thanks,

Sean

I don't say anything in private that I would not say in public.

Feel free to discuss.

Sean

I say when you are visiting someone's house you respect their wishes. TaoBums is Sean's abode ... period.

In trying to expose Sean's 'bad side' you have only exposed yourself.

I say ban him.

I love that taobums is loosely moderated...and I love Mak Tin Si's ideas on things. But he floods the forum with his advertisements, and doesn't listen to or respect the suggestions of the moderator. Then he actually tries to defame Sean by posting their private discussion. :lol: And then saying he'll come on with new screennames! :lol: Ridiculous actions for a Taoist priest!

So my position is ban him without second guessing it.

huh?

I thought this had been resolved some time ago.

^_^

Edited by phore

this reminds me of a dream i had

i was driving along the road. I pulled over my car.

I was in a rural setting. on the side of the road there was a large field with a country home setting out in it.

there was a fence around the property. There was a wooden gate on the fence.

I knew that this was the "dragons gate". whan i passed through this gate i would be enlightened and immortal.

I punched the gate. my hand went through the wood. The gate came off of its hinges and was barely hanging by the latch.

At that moment i heard a siren and saw flashing blue lights.

A police officer pulled over and grabbed me.

"looks like another punk kid out vandalizing property. I dont know why you guys are so obsessed with this gate"

I realized that even though i considered my actions noble, to the people living on the property I was just one in a very long stream of individuals who had an obsession with vandalizing their property.

naturally the police would be waiting to catch the next guy who tried to break through the dragons gate.

who was right in that situation?

in my perspective i was right.

in the families perspective i was a pest.

Would it have been right for me to attack the police officer for just doing his job?

^_^

this reminds me of a dream i had

i was driving along the road. I pulled over my car.

I was in a rural setting. on the side of the road there was a large field with a country home setting out in it.

there was a fence around the property. There was a wooden gate on the fence.

I knew that this was the "dragons gate". whan i passed through this gate i would be enlightened and immortal.

I punched the gate. my hand went through the wood. The gate came off of its hinges and was barely hanging by the latch.

At that moment i heard a siren and saw flashing blue lights.

A police officer pulled over and grabbed me.

"looks like another punk kid out vandalizing property. I dont know why you guys are so obsessed with this gate"

I realized that even though i considered my actions noble, to the people living on the property I was just one in a very long stream of individuals who had an obsession with vandalizing their property.

naturally the police would be waiting to catch the next guy who tried to break through the dragons gate.

who was right in that situation?

in my perspective i was right.

in the families perspective i was a pest.

Would it have been right for me to attack the police officer for just doing his job?

^_^

That was very well said Phore :D ... and very apt.

Mak Tin Si makes this forum unreadable. He does not respect the members and their requests. He should be limited in his rights. It is sad overall.

I say when you are visiting someone's house you respect their wishes. TaoBums is Sean's abode ... period.

I agree. I also like MTS's stuff. But it's got to be done correctly and we don't need to have discussion flooded again. Why is there an ego resisting the personal practice area or resisting using a single thread...?

Phore, excellent dream, thanks for sharing

So now, what do you think eh? If anyone have to complain about my postings recently, please do it here, I love to accept complains. But Sean here is giving me these PM, what can I say eh?

Mak Tin Si

Sean

Just out of curiosity how come you came back to posting in The Tao Bums again Mr Mak Tin Si ?

So, first you flooded this forum with your "great ideas" then you encountered some opposition from people that just couldn't buy your BS and your spamming methods and then when you figured out how to get your own forum you decided to throw a fit like "screw you guys I'm going home" type of thing hoping that The Tao Bums would just run after you and beg for forgiveness, or you'll just lead them to the promised land or whatever - but it didn't quite happen (although some people did follow you, I must admit...)

But that didn't bother you much- you where ecstatic about getting your own forum where you posted about 17 mln new posts by yourself (and received about 3 replies to them) but you still didn't care - you just kept posting and posting and posting - because you got caught in this habit like a chronic masturbator that cannot control himself - it's like the entire taoism is inside you now and you have to constantly throw up to make space for more ideas and throw up over and over again .....

And just when The Tao Bums started to forget about you and your "valuable secret treasures" and it got quiet and clean on the forum you realised that your forum won't ever be able to be as big and popular as "The Tao Bums" and that just bugged the hell out of you, didn't it?

So I guess now it's time for plan "B" - I can't wait to see what it consists of. Although to me you must be the most annoying character on the internet - you do provide quite a bit of entertaining

I hope they don't ban you but only put a leash on you...

As the song goes

Sean please dont be mad at him

Seee-an please dont you dare ban him

Se-an please keep MTS in a leash

Sean please Sean please Sean please...

*Cam, pass the tea, two sugar please*

E

I find it a little strange that someone who says they are a Taoist priest would post something like this and I would question the motivation. I also wonder how someone in his position has so much time to post lengthy messages at such a rate.

He is right about some things but quite argumentative really - another strange trait for a Taoist - to threaten to post under other names is completely out of order (for anyone) as it would completely undermine any conversation on here. As always on here unless we know someone personally we cannot be sure who we are talking to - if they start sock puppetry or trolling then all chance of conversation is lost.

This place is successful because it is so open, eclectic and sometimes a bit crazy.

Despite this I can't see any grounds for banning and only limiting if he completely floods the discussion pages. Its up to us individually to make up our minds about him.

Edited by apepch7

apepch7 --

I find it a little strange that someone who says they are a Taoist priest would post something like this

I know what you mean, but ithe behaviour of MTS is not that different from most other 'priests' with whom I have had contact; if a bit louder.

In such an eclectic place as this, giving one single practice the position of 'orthodox and therefore correct' won't make happiness at all.

Sharing a trad religious taoism's ins and outs could be highly interesting, for those of us without connections to it, if it went both ways as all things here ought to. But if it is presented as 'the way we all should know and follow', and will not listen back, it may find itself in the pot reserved by all sensible tribes for hapless missionaries.

:)

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~

Relevant phrases highlighted:

Welcome to The Tao Bums discussion forum. This is an informal community created to discuss Tao (Dao), particularly as is expressed in key philosophical texts such as the well known Tao Te Ching of Lao Tzu, health and cultivation practices such as Tai Chi and Qigong (Chi Kung), nonconceptual meditation approaches such as Zuowang (sitting and forgetting), and also the historical developments of Taoism as the bona fide Chinese religion of Taoist priests and shamans. Don't let this intro scare you though. Most of us are syncretic at heart. Discussion is encouraged to wander eclectically across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice, whether Buddhist, Yogic, Tantric, Judaic, Advaitic, Christian, Islamic, Shamanic, Occult, "New Age", Integral... As long as you are up for a good time, you're welcome to discuss your path. Though we can get rowdy at times, we all do our best to keep it civil. We are, almost as a rule, rather strange, but we have good hearts and even better senses of humor.

Yes Newt,

Someone may need a FU for indigestion if they resort to cannibalism!

I guess I still naively expect dignity from priests if they are in great traditions.

A.

I guess I still naively expect dignity from priests if they are in great traditions.

Yeah... and sometimes it's there of course!

But it's 'always the person' isn't it, it's not really the tradition in the end. NW

Well, you may want to consider that somebody who claims to be a priest may not necessarily be one

If you read his bio you'll see he is a self-made priest

YM

Well, you may want to consider that somebody who claims to be a priest may not necessarily be one

If you read his bio you'll see he is a self-made priest

YM

Well, I read his site and he seems to have been appointed by a mystic vision of Taoist immortals/gods.

Mind you, let he without a mystic vision cast the first stone.

:D:D:D

I don't see the reason why this has to be aired out in public. Besides, Sean's restrictions are not unreasonable... Not to mention that thetaobums is his baby. MTS, drawing this dirty laundry in public serves no constructive purpose, it only perpetuates negative energy. The other guys who posted earlier were right in saying that we are guests in Sean's house and so we have to respect his house rules.

I am personally very grateful to both Sean as well as Mak Tin Si (see my heartburn thread). Neither can do wrong in my eyes. I hope they work something out!!

Mak, you are on a road to nowhere if you think we are going to think less than highly of Sean. He is actually, as far as I can see, impeccable in his treatment of everyone.

I think you are on a steep learning curve here about How To Behave in a Community.

Please see "Bull in a China Shop" as a guideline of How Not To Behave in a Community.

Getting on with the Taobums is like making love to a beautiful woman. We like fine wines and belgian chocolates.

Sign in to follow this