shidadao

Purposeless Accumilations.

Thanks, shidadao, for your highly inspiring post.

You shared your true love to tai chi; and here is my question: why should one practice tai chi?

I understand that tai chi originated as martial art. It is still practiced as a martial art mainly (by majority of males, at least). I personally am not interested in any martial arts, my interests are health and spritual growth.

I have been practicing for some time; and so far I have not been doing tai chi, just doing chi kung, yoga, meditating. After having done yoga for a while, I started to feel that I might benefit from something like tai chi which could be meridian stretching/chi kung/meditation in one package. Am I right? Will tai chi be of a benefit if I'm not into martial arts whatsoever?

All the best on your path,

ID.

Thanks, shidadao, for your highly inspiring post.

You shared your true love to tai chi; and here is my question: why should one practice tai chi?

I understand that tai chi originated as martial art. It is still practiced as a martial art mainly (by majority of males, at least). I personally am not interested in any martial arts, my interests are health and spritual growth.

I have been practicing for some time; and so far I have not been doing tai chi, just doing chi kung, yoga, meditating. After having done yoga for a while, I started to feel that I might benefit from something like tai chi which could be meridian stretching/chi kung/meditation in one package. Am I right? Will tai chi be of a benefit if I'm not into martial arts whatsoever?

All the best on your path,

ID.

I think the 'breath' is the central point. That is qicong. Tai Chi Chuan is an exercise that has evolved around the breath process. Emphasising perfect balance of mind, body and spirit. This can be achieved in seated meditation (Zou Wang), as well as moving meditation - Tai Chi. The breath nanifests in many different ways - Tai Chi is not required, but it can be interesting!

It can help with circulation of blood and qi.

Thank you