Mal

Corrupt a Wish.

I wish the people on Tao Bums would stop fighting

Wish granted, now no-one ever posts at all. Also, off-list they are all fighting with their family and friends. Great job Mal, thanks a bunch. :rolleyes:

I wish all my work would just suddenly be finished, perfectly.

I wish all my work would just suddenly be finished, perfectly.

All your work just finished perfectly. For the rest of eternity there is nothing you can do, nothing! Cant be still, can move, cant think, cant feel, cant wish, cant do nothing!

I wish I had enough money for all I want to do.

I wish I had enough money for all I want to do.

Wish granted, you now have all the money you need for everything you want to do. However the world economic system has just crashed and everyone is only using barter. So the money's worthless.

(Is this too near the truth to be funny?)

I wish everybody was able to see fully into everyone else's soul.

I wish everybody was able to see fully into everyone else's soul.

Granted. The lucky people flee to the wilderness and become hermits as they can no longer stand the pain of looking at anyone else. Most just claw their own eyes out. Nobody is ever happy again. Good job :P

I wish people could only see the good in others.

Granted. The lucky people flee to the wilderness and become hermits as they can no longer stand the pain of looking at anyone else. Most just claw their own eyes out. Nobody is ever happy again. Good job :P

I wish people could only see the good in others.

Invisible evil psychos go unchecked.

I wish for nice sunny 70 degree days this weekend.

I wish for nice sunny 70 degree days this weekend.

Edited by apepch7

I would like free chocolate to be distributed amongst us.

Granted.We all get free chocolate, but because it's free, it tastes like a$$ and we still get fat.

I wish we had an honest Government.

Granted.We all get free chocolate, but because it's free, it tastes like a$$ and we still get fat.

I wish we had an honest Government.

The Government tells us the truth about UFO's, nuclear threat, JFK, sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. Wide spread panic erupts. Riots ensue. I got to go dig a bomb shelter now and stock it with firearms. Thanks. :angry:

I wish I could cultivate without being celibate for 100 days.

I wish I could cultivate without being celibate for 100 days.

Granted.

You cultivate unsuccessfully for 100 days, because your method requires celibacy. :D

I wish there was beautiful, lovely sunny deserted beach in the middle of London, that no-one knew about except for me, my friends, and the tao bums.

Your wish is granted. The deserted beach becomes a breeding ground for rats and disease because no one knows they are there. London re-experiences the Black Plague.

I wish all beings were free from suffering and distress.

I wish there was beautiful, lovely sunny deserted beach in the middle of London, that no-one knew about except for me, my friends, and the tao bums.

Granted.

You cultivate unsuccessfully for 100 days, because your method requires celibacy. :D

Granted.

Mysterious displacement of many city blocks sparks major panic, London destroyed.

I wish I had the discipline to follow through on important things.

whoops Forest beat me.

"I wish all beings were free from suffering and distress

Granted.

Everybody dead :(

still wishing for more discipline

You become a mindless automaton able to do everything, but unable to feel, think, or reason for yourself. You pass your life in a gray, disciplined malaise.

I wish for a better future for our children.

Everybody dead :(

still wishing for more discipline

Edited by forestofsouls

I wish for a better future for our children.

Edited by apepch7

I wish for all sickness to be cured.

All sickness is cured. Nobody dies for a long time. The world over populates, famine and starvation take over.

I wish we could just all get along.

Your children grow up strong and free thinking. They outshine the old generation who they start to regard as being incompetent and degenerate. They begin an enforced euthanasia program. Everyone over 25 is rounded up and exterminated.

I wish for all sickness to be cured.

Granted. The mutli-trillion-dollar Big Pharma promptly pays for the laws that turn all farming into pharming. Since no one needs medications anymore but the Big Pharma still needs its profits, not just herbs and supplements but ALL food and water too, everything anyone might want to put in their bodies, is now classified as "drugs." You can get a carrot by prescription, a hundred bucks a bite. If you get it without a prescription, you are a "drug user," and if you sell it without being a medical doctor, you are a "drug dealer." Eating without authorization becomes THE crime. War on drugs rages on, taking untold millions of perfectly healthy lives year after year.

I wish I was Buddha Maitreya.

I wish we could just all get along.

Granted. Massive layoffs in the entertainment business as all the reality TV shows, movies, documentaries are canceled due to being boring and predictable.

I wish I was Buddha Maitreya.

Granted. You see so much horror and injustice in the world with no salvation in sight that you go back to the mountain retreat and spend all your remaining days teaching a few who care.

I wish I could fly.

Edited by Smile

Just some opinion here..

"Corrupt a wish" -- is that promoting "generate bad karma with your mouth and mind"???

When you corrupt somebody's wish for joy, that is really building up a kind of bad karma inside you with your mouth and mind. If you do it and you feel very funny and happy, that means you really need to study some of the virtues and ethics too. If you have this kind of "joy" inside you, in real life, it reflects that you are not somebody nice to deal with. Maybe you like to watch others suffer and you will laugh at the back!

Why do you want to "corrupt a wish" anyway?

Why not "make a wish come true"?

Why not suggest about how you can make a wish and people come in to give solutions of how the wish can come true? I am sure it is more pleasant and good karma generating.

Mak Tin Si

Just some opinion here..

"Corrupt a wish" -- is that promoting "generate bad karma with your mouth and mind"???

When you corrupt somebody's wish for joy, that is really building up a kind of bad karma inside you with your mouth and mind. If you do it and you feel very funny and happy, that means you really need to study some of the virtues and ethics too. If you have this kind of "joy" inside you, in real life, it reflects that you are not somebody nice to deal with. Maybe you like to watch others suffer and you will laugh at the back!

Why do you want to "corrupt a wish" anyway?

Why not "make a wish come true"?

Why not suggest about how you can make a wish and people come in to give solutions of how the wish can come true? I am sure it is more pleasant and good karma generating.

Mak Tin Si

I kinda thought the same thing...or perhaps even a more lighthearted "twist-a-wish" that's funnier and doesnt necessarily seem to focus on a fictional-granting-the-wish-which-generates-something-diametrically-opposed-to-wish's-intent...

I mean, the whole intent does seem to be coming from wanting to generate some humor, but that comes with theelement of surprise, not necessarily here's your wish but haha looky the crap that came with it.

B)

As a taoist, we learn to not make any or at least reduce the chance of generating bad karma from our mouth, mind and physical body.

With this kind of post of "corrupt a wish", it is generating bad mouth karma, bad mind karma at the same time at once. So whoever try to join in are actually being "fooled" by the person starting off the topic to generate a whole bunch of bad karma. What is the difference between the topic starter and Satin in the west? Promote people to do bad stuff?

As taoism is suppose to teach us to do good deeds. This teach us to go anti-tao, do bad deeds. What a great example of "evil tao" here.

Most of the people are like that nowadays in the society. They enjoy getting "joy" or "happiness" from seeing others suffer. This is a live example being on stage here. But this is indeed a very bad habbit for a taoist. It sucks you into a non-stopping loop of generating bad karma in your everyday life all the time if you have this kind of habbit with you. So I can say it is for sure a "heart devil" waiting to be busted out of us for sure.

Mak Tin Si

I kinda thought the same thing...or perhaps even a more lighthearted "twist-a-wish" that's funnier and doesnt necessarily seem to focus on a fictional-granting-the-wish-which-generates-something-diametrically-opposed-to-wish's-intent...

I mean, the whole intent does seem to be coming from wanting to generate some humor, but that comes with theelement of surprise, not necessarily here's your wish but haha looky the crap that came with it.

B)

I think it's a great idea because it serves a useful purpose of revealing the immature, careless, irresponsible and often blind nature of our (generic "our," not taobums specifically) desires, wishes, wants, hopes and dreams. We are bent on wanting things but we don't think through what else our wants, should they be granted, might entail that we've simply overlooked. I think one of the more useful meditations is to meditate on a wish... Place a wish of yours in front of you and spend as much time with all possible outcomes of it having been granted as you can. Someone who's after "dissolving all desires" might be surprised by how a desire dissolves from mere attention to its ALL aspects.

So, Mak Tin Si, it's not a bad thing we're doing here. To illuminate the blind labyrinth of "I want" with the light of awareness that can show you that what you "want" is frivolous, immature, irresponsible, perhaps not worth fighting for, perhaps not worth "wanting" to begin with... that's not a bad thing at all.