neimad

Surrender

Surrender is a new type of practice I have been beginning to incorporate into my mornings.

I spend about 10-15 minutes doing this. I try to make it ritualised with bowing... perhaps will add some clapping, candles, whatever into it.

The ritual is not the important part, it is the feeling of making it something sacred to me that is important. Essentially that's all ritual really is, I think.

Anyways I spend some time thinking about anything negative I have done to myself, to others or had done to me. I forgive myself for all of it. For any negative intentions I have had. I forgive myself for being upset or angry or jealous by others actions. I forgive myself for my past, my present and also my future (for future intentions).

After this I spend a few minutes concentrating on the positive. Giving myself positive affirmations about myself. Always using present and not future tense.

I find this a very effective practice to do as it relieves my consciousness of things that may be weighing me down and then I leave it being very positive about myself, becoming the person I wish to be.

Do any others practice any form of surrender or forgiveness?

I call it surrender because I am surrendering to the universe and to myself. I am letting it all go.

Dropping those sandbags on my hot air balloon so I can continue to rise higher...

Hi neimad,

As a muslim I try to to pray 5 times a day and one of the key postures in prayer is to get down on your hands and knees - then gently press your forehead on a prayer mat and say: "glory onto The One most high" at least three times.

I get to do this many times a day, and it is most soothing.

Whenever i have more time i just stay in that position and just give everything i have, everything i am to Allah. You can call it surrender submission or whatever, and if my heart is open enough it can dissolve anything and everything.

For me, i find that surrendering specfically to the Divine gives more focus to what i need to surrender.

for eg, i used to stutter quite a bit when i was younger, and one of the things that helped for me to get passed it was to surrender my stuttering to God.

I find it works with anything and everything. The key is to cultivate your connection with the Oneness of All, and cultivating your connection in prostration really does it for me.

Finally when i get to the state of wu wei I can feel the earth chi cooling my forehead and simultaneously i absorb the warmer heaven chi from above (what sufis call Noor).

Then i feel the mixture of both energies creating a sweet buzz (yuan chi).

its a very blissful feeling :)

Anyhoo, thats how i like to let go.

Hi neimad

The Sedona Method, also presented as The Release Technique/Abundance Course is a "formalized" method of surrendering. It teaches that you should look at all your feelings, group them into a wanting control, a wanting security or a wanting approval, and then allow yourself to feel that feeling, accept it for what it is, and then let it go.

In this way you accept your feelings about what yoiu have done/are doing/keep doing.

Seems fairly similar to what you describe. I'm not too good at explaining it but it does work for me.

I think surrendering can change our fate. It's the first step in creating more freedom in life.

In the 5 animal forms I have been practicing, there is a specific ending meditation to the monkey (shen emphasis) which I feel is the most profound of the 5 animal meditative practices. It opens the heart and surrenders it to the cosmos

In short, it is an end to the monkey form. There is a story involved where the monkey is picking up an immortal peach and giving it to Buddha. The giant peach is held infront of the heart, and while connecting to the heart chakra, you surrender this peach of immortality to the cosmos. While standing in this position, you feel like it is more of a symbolic gesture, surrendering to the universe, and giving your entire heart away.

After some time, I often feel not only a profound peace and space created by this symbolic act of generosity, but also that something is returning back to me. It is as if the comos is aknowledging the intention. Something is definately returning to my heart.

After some time in this position, my mind is calm and i feel less pull of the emotions. More empty and detatched. It is also very effective in releasing emotional stress, as I just surrender all my baggage to be seen by the universe. It truly is a profound experience.

h

Sounds nice hagar. What stlye or teacher of 5 animals? I only learned the 5 animals healing sounds from Winn but I think John Ducane from dragondoor has a popular DVD of the 5 animals.

Mixing Islamic prayer with Taoist energy work...nice!

7471[/snapback]

Hi Cameron,

When i got deeper into what you could call - 'the spiritual science' stuff, i found that all the labels fall away and

everything

really

just

is.

:)

Farooq;

I have been practicing the Hua Gong style of the 5 animals. I have no real knowledge of the other types out there. Basically, these forms have emphasis on the transmission of the animal spirit that manitests in the form. Strange, but I have taken the retreat 3 times, and they have been radically different experiences.

From extreme energizing effects to extreme exhaustion and emotional catharsis.

In the form I have been taught the profoundity of the animal spirit transmission is truly fascinating. It definately has shamanistic roots, and that makes sense due to them being the oldest recorded qigong forms(1500 years).

One experience of the Bear was particularly strong. In one moment, I really felt the spirit of the bear; its loneliness, soft hollow strength, but also it's comfort, lying in the forest eating blueberries. Once, after doing the Deer form in the woods, I ended the practice in dusk, and suddenly my hearing became super-hearing, picking up a twig break hundres of yards away in the dark.

The animals are my favourite qigong, beside the sword, because it's pure play.

How is the form taught by Winn?

h

Anyways I spend some time thinking about anything negative I have done to myself, to others or had done to me. I forgive myself for all of it. For any negative intentions I have had. I forgive myself for being upset or angry or jealous by others actions. I forgive myself for my past, my present and also my future (for future intentions).

[...]

Do any others practice any form of surrender or forgiveness?

I call it surrender because I am surrendering to the universe and to myself. I am letting it all go.

Dropping those sandbags on my hot air balloon so I can continue to rise higher...

7469[/snapback]

A byproduct of emptiness meditation is that against its backdrop very few sins seem grievous anymore, and only the things clinging tightest to the heart still have any influence over one's life. Many things simply become non-issues. I suppose one could consider that a form of surrender. It's not really a form of forgiveness, I suppose, simply because forgiveness becomes something of a non-issue itself.

"How is the form taught by Winn?"

Hi Hagar,

Actually it was Cameron who asked you about the five animals.

I dimmly recall that Winn combined the 6 healing sounds with the animals and called it the 5 animal frolics .... i think

Jeez! I was thought I wrote that!

Must be because I hadn't had my morning Java before logging on.

Thanks anyway.

h

A byproduct of emptiness meditation is that against its backdrop very few sins seem grievous anymore, and only the things clinging tightest to the heart still have any influence over one's life.  Many things simply become non-issues. I suppose one could consider that a form of surrender. It's not really a form of forgiveness, I suppose, simply because forgiveness becomes something of a non-issue itself.

7566[/snapback]

perhaps this does occur with emptiness meditation but i would imagine it to be very gradual.

do you not think actively surrendering would help to speed up the process of emptiness or other meditations by lightening the load of garbage you have to wade through to get where you want to go to?

i mean ultimately until that garbage is released, you cannot achieve what it is you want to... call it immortality, enlightenment, whatever you want.

i know if i surrender in the morning i feel great all day.... it's so simple yet so powerful. follow that with meditation and kabam!