Cameron

Master Chen 3 week Taoist retreat to China

Ok, I was looking up this Master and guess what I found? I found that he has a blog.

So far I like what I see there! :) This guy seems to be really sharing! So I thought I would put a link to his blog here:

http://wudangtao.org/wudangblog/

I love the 03/04/09 post. I can't wait to read the rest.

EDIT: Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true. I found plenty to disagree with on the 02/04/09 post. This is why I don't follow any Master.

Still, I have to say even with some foobars like on 02/04/09, I really like this guy. He seems genuine and passionate and not a wuss.

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 1

Master Chen is a very genuine priest from Wudang with a loving and caring demeanor. I've been a close student of his for many years and I cannot say enough about him. His coming trip will be an excellent journey for sure. Unfortunately this year I won't be going as my wife and I are going to China earlier before that and will get to Wudang before the group does.

However, keep up with the blogs...there may be something there for you...

Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit - 26th Generation Wudang Longmen Sect

Ok, I was looking up this Master and guess what I found? I found that he has a blog.

So far I like what I see there! :) This guy seems to be really sharing! So I thought I would put a link to his blog here:

http://wudangtao.org/wudangblog/

I love the 03/04/09 post. I can't wait to read the rest.

EDIT: Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true. I found plenty to disagree with on the 02/04/09 post. This is why I don't follow any Master.

Still, I have to say even with some foobars like on 02/04/09, I really like this guy. He seems genuine and passionate and not a wuss.

About Master Chen, a child prodigy, at a tender age of six, he was taken from his home town to Wu Dang Mountain and taught the ancient Taoist Healing Arts by esteemed grandmasters. The youngest Enlightened Master, at the age of 16 he left the mountain to preserve the oral teaching by spreading the internal healing arts to the west.

With the high degree of training he transmuted jing to chi, chi to shen at a very young age and now functions on a multidimensional intuitive level.

For Reservation: Kristine at : [email protected] or 970-232-5171

www.wudangtao.com

Wow, enlightened at 16??? :blink:

And actually, that's not a bad itinerary simply from a sightseeing perspective:

Wudang Shan

200862417202581328.gif

Jiuzhaigou

jiuzhaigou.jpg

Emei Shan

emeiround.jpg

All places still on my long "to see" list in China...

I enjoyed meeting him in Atlanta.

I can't comment about who is or isn't enlightened as I don't know. But he did have a nice presence.

I have a Kung Fu brother who just left for China last month.

He is willing to host students as guests and act as guide in the local area for practice and to meet other masters. He also said he would be interested in exploring the possibility of exporting kungfu / meditation / practice related items to the states for those interested.

I will contact him and update as he has probably settled in the last month and is ready to host. He is of a skilllevel of discernable quality.

I wrote yesterday that I wasn't going on that trip. However, I will be in Wudang at the same time now as my Master will on his trip (Master Chen) so we're going to join him for the Wudang portion.

I've been there with him in the past and Wudang is wonderful. Master Chen is a direct lineage holder of the 14th Generation Zhang Sanfeng Branch as well as 25th Generation Wudang Longmen Branch. When you're at Wudang with him their is much respect shown for Master Chen and you'll get to go places that tourists don't get to go.

Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit

Wow, enlightened at 16??? :blink:

And actually, that's not a bad itinerary simply from a sightseeing perspective:

Wudang Shan

200862417202581328.gif

Jiuzhaigou

jiuzhaigou.jpg

Emei Shan

emeiround.jpg

All places still on my long "to see" list in China...

Master Chen is a direct lineage holder of the 14th Generation Zhang Sanfeng Branch as well as 25th Generation Wudang Longmen Branch.

Zhang Sanfeng Branch is a sect of Taoism?

It would be interesting to understand what kinds of things are taught in the Zhang Sanfeng Branch. (No doubt I can already guess it has some extremely respectable martial arts)

Under the two main umbrellas of Taoism there is Zheng Yi and Quanzhen

Under Quanzhen there are numerous sects:

At Wudang you have Longmen (Dragon Gate) Zhang Sanfeng (known for martial arts) Baxianmen (8 Immortal Branch) and so forth.

Zhang Sanfeng Branch is a sect of Taoism?

It would be interesting to understand what kinds of things are taught in the Zhang Sanfeng Branch. (No doubt I can already guess it has some extremely respectable martial arts)

I noticed they have some guided meditations available on there website. Its been a while since I've added to my collection. So I just downloaded there morning and evening guided meditation ($25). Both about 30 minutes long, speaker has heavy chinese accent. I'll listen to evening tonight.

Ultimately I'd like to set up audio bull sessions where people can listen live to various guided meditations and podcasts from master teachers.

Thanks for posting that Micheal. Really enjoyed reading that simple message about meditation. Made a good day even Gooderer :)

Oh and Cameron hands down best avatar I've seen.Just spent the last five minutes bobbing and weaving the punching pussy.

Chen is a good teacher. I enjoyed meeting him. I looked into some of his meditation stuff but prefer what I learned from Max and Jenny. But from spending a little time with one if his students in Atlanta who moved to Wudang Mountain I could definetly tell his students were getting alot out of studying with him.

Thanks for the kind words about Master Chen. I to am now bobbing and weaving. That cat is pretty good. Hhahahahah.

Tao Bless

Chen is a good teacher. I enjoyed meeting him. I looked into some of his meditation stuff but prefer what I learned from Max and Jenny. But from spending a little time with one if his students in Atlanta who moved to Wudang Mountain I could definetly tell his students were getting alot out of studying with him.

I emailed about the trip. It's booked full but they have a list in case someone cancels. Looks like a great experience and I hope to go someday.

Hi,

does Master Chen teach Nei Dan and what is his lineage of privious Masters in Longmen Pai?

All the best,

Ormus