Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Out-of-body experiences

Did you have them? Can you tell things about it that are especially interesting? Are they known to occur during meditation? If yes, limited to certain techniques?

One thing that I'd like to know is whether there are different degrees of them, e.g. crisp and clear like being awake or vague and with little detail like when dreaming. In the latter case I guess it is harder to say whether it was only imagined or authentic to the real location where it happened.

And do they come with all perceptions that you have when normally awake, or things missing ... like hearing ... or time. :blink:

Edited by Hardyg

Did you have them?

Yes.

Can you tell things about it that are especially interesting? Are they known to occur during meditation? If yes, limited to certain techniques?

Personally I don't speak about my experience. The first book on my recommended list of seven here: http://www.thetaobums.com/Seven-Books-You-...Know-t9107.html is a good one on the question of 'interesting things about it'. Sometimes I am told they do occur spontaneously in meditation. I don't know which techniques.

One thing that I'd like to know is whether there are different degrees of them, e.g. crisp and clear like being awake or vague and with little detail like when dreaming.

There are definitely different degrees of them, but not in the way you are meaning here IME. Clarity depends on level of development in the person and development of their astral sensoria. There are different degrees in terms of the amount and type of self that separates, there are different degrees in terms of the truthfulness or otherwise of what is seen, and there are different degrees of things to see.

And do they come with all perceptions that you have when normally awake, or things missing ... like hearing ... or time.

For the question of senses, see above. All senses may be present to differing degrees of similarity to the waking physical senses, depending on whether you have separated the mental or the astral bodies. The perception of time depends on the location projected to.

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~

Thanks!

The last part of your answer I do not understand well though. Too far away from my low level of knowledge.

One of my weirder ones was during a healing session. I had my hands on the clients shoulders and suddenly I slipped up through my crown, out over the table to stand at the other end of the massage table with my 'hands' on her feet.

The weird thing was i was still in my Body and could see my white energy body with my eyes and at the same time I was in the energy body and could see my physical body. I was in both places at once. Its Very hard to describe how strange that feels.

After the session she asked who came in and worked on her feet. I didn't know what to say as was feeling quite spun out and stretched, so I said a guide and left it at that.

Consciousness is amazing :)

seth ananda --

I was in both places at once. Its Very hard to describe how strange that feels.

Just to say, if you are interested in knowing more about that effect, it is discussed at great length by Robert Bruce, especially in his book 'Astral Dynamics'. He calls it the 'mind split effect'. NW

seth ananda --

Just to say, if you are interested in knowing more about that effect, it is discussed at great length by Robert Bruce, especially in his book 'Astral Dynamics'. He calls it the 'mind split effect'. NW

Thanks. I don't mind his stuff :)

You might want to check out "Adventures Beyond the Body" by William Buhlman. Right now, It's the most recommended book on OBE. It's up there with Robert Bruce, and will clarify many things.

When I was eleven years old I copped a frozen hard hockey puck between the eyes and had a full out of body exprience.

I saw myself lieing on the ice with everyone standing around me.

When I saw myself on the ice I got such a shock that I shot straight back into my body.

I felt very weird for days afterwords,and kept hearing this male voice in my head saying the strangest things.

Last year a big ocean wave held me down for a protracted period of time,I shouldn't have been in the water because I was already physically exhausted,none the less I had a moment were I popped out and could see myself curled up in the fetal position being tossed around like a rag doll.For some reason this really pissed me off and I popped back into my body which gave me a surge of energy to swim to the surface where I managed to get a breath of air before copping a nother pounding.

Afterwards I was really upset inside,some part of me had been deeply rattled and didn't like it.

Ahh the joys of trauma :)

Edited by seadog

@NeutralWire

What's the difference between separating the mental or the astral body? And in what way does time depend on the location projected to? Shouldn't time be the same in all locations?

seadog lololol :lol:

Ahh the joys of trauma

... those're classic trauma-based OBE's.

Hardyg --

What's the difference between separating the mental or the astral body?

Frequency. Mental body is close to shen/spirit and does not really feel sensory input with the gut-viscerality that the astral body does (daydreaming). Astral sensations are more or less physical-like. The astral body is the energy body.

And in what way does time depend on the location projected to? Shouldn't time be the same in all locations?

In all locations of equivalent density yes. Non-physical locales have time moving at different speeds and sometimes in different ways.

All the stories about people being away wiv the fairies for a day and returning to find a hundred years have passed are relevant!

NW

yo Neuty

what are your thoughts on Sagan's book Awakening the Third Eye?

how does actually awakening the third eye fit into the spiritual path? having OBEs, clairvoyance, seeing energy and auras.. does it actually help or can it become a burden.. extra phenomena.. not necessary or a necessary path ,why awaken it?

http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe/ckbc/f..._0000_0003.html

i know you're into the Bardz and i read a little of IIH and it says that powers are only secondary to the goal, but according to bardz the powers are necessary to cultivate.

In general the things you are talking about are not 'necessary', they are unavoidable. They will always happen on any path.

NW

so even practitioners of Zen, a completely formless path, have to deal with elementals and other form beings?

Edited by mikaelz

so even practitioners of Zen, a completely formless path, have to deal with elementals and other form beings?

Oops, so you got all that before I deleted it then?

Well it depends who you talk to mate. Start with Nan Huai Chin. NW

Dreaming is an out of body experience. When you dream, your consciousness goes to your astral body and your astral body goes to the inner world.

I've been told that when you have been practicing advanced meditation for a long time, you'll be able to exit your body consciously. I have not yet experienced this because I'm still relatively a beginner. Although I have had a few less noteworthy experiences. The closes thing to conscious out of body experience I had was during meditation, sometimes my entire body would go numb and it feels like I'm riding a sort of vortex. This is just a split second experience but still half scary half fun.

The most unforgettable was when I went out of bed to go to the bathroom. When I tried to switch on the light, my finger went through and I panicked. And then I suddenly found myself in bed again. I realized then that I had an out of body experience. Other times I just had lucid dreaming where you're dreaming and you know you're dreaming. This happens to me occasionally.

Dreaming is an out of body experience. When you dream, your consciousness goes to your astral body and your astral body goes to the inner world.

I've been told that when you have been practicing advanced meditation for a long time, you'll be able to exit your body consciously. I have not yet experienced this because I'm still relatively a beginner. Although I have had a few less noteworthy experiences. The closes thing to conscious out of body experience I had was during meditation, sometimes my entire body would go numb and it feels like I'm riding a sort of vortex. This is just a split second experience but still half scary half fun.

The most unforgettable was when I went out of bed to go to the bathroom. When I tried to switch on the light, my finger went through and I panicked. And then I suddenly found myself in bed again. I realized then that I had an out of body experience. Other times I just had lucid dreaming where you're dreaming and you know you're dreaming. This happens to me occasionally.

Technically "dreaming" is an out of body experience, but an out of body experience is not dreaming.

Sign in to follow this