Sign in to follow this  
nomad

Top visualization meditations

I'm drifting from the mindfulness of the breath meditations (or passive observation/shamatha-vipassana) because they're harder for me to concentrate with, as I am not actively exerting my mind. Visualization on the other hand is more active and is easier for me to use to attain a one-point concentration state. So my question is what are the best visualization practices that you can think of that I can eventually use to transition into that wondrous phenomena of the emptiness of pure awareness? As of now my goal is to just reach a state of samadhi and experience that, but I'm all boggled down. Thanks

I'm drifting from the mindfulness of the breath meditations (or passive observation/shamatha-vipassana) because they're harder for me to concentrate with, as I am not actively exerting my mind. Visualization on the other hand is more active and is easier for me to use to attain a one-point concentration state. So my question is what are the best visualization practices that you can think of that I can eventually use to transition into that wondrous phenomena of the emptiness of pure awareness? As of now my goal is to just reach a state of samadhi and experience that, but I'm all boggled down. Thanks

I'm no expert, but Spring Forest Qigong active exercise 1 has worked the best for me.

Sign in to follow this