Sign in to follow this  
alfa

Under water experience

While meditating, I felt as if I was under water. The same experience you get when you're under water. What does it entail? Is there a subtle meaning to this?

While meditating, I felt as if I was under water. The same experience you get when you're under water. What does it entail? Is there a subtle meaning to this?

It's just a sign that you've gone deeper into a meditative state. Or you could say that it's a way that the chi works on the subtle body. But that's not really helpful.

Don't worry about it or focus on the explanations.

Just keep an open mind, and let it go.

h

You may be better off if you examine how the meaning in general arises. I am talking about the process of meaning-making. If you examine this process for some years in contemplation, all such questions will become resolved for you.

If someone feeds you a particular meaning as a response to your question, that's like giving you a fish. If someone shows you how to look at the field of meanings comprehensively, that's like teaching you how to fish.

As they say, "Give man fire and he's warm for a day. Set the man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Edited by goldisheavy

Based on your prior posts, I would wager that it means you're chasing after an altered state of consciousness. A lot of people might finger wag at this, but I wonder how many of us got into meditation under similar circumstances.

If you really want to "trip" out with meditation, then almost all the sources I've come across agree on the requirement: You have to build up a high level of concentration. In order to do that, you should take up a moral training code--- i.e. the yoga yamas and niyamas, the five precepts, ten commandments, whatever. These help calm the mind in order to establish a strong foundation for concentration.

Your learning to swim! Great job! Often times complete stillness brings your perception to this point of body mindness. You just waded into the pool where your feeling the basic currents. Welcome. Sensory Isolation can be as simple as sitting in a pool of body temp water. That will induce a dream like biofeedback loop. It can be very simple to find yourself in these naturally altered states that are windows into the multidimensional nature of the human race. Yes, practice makes you high, on life.

I'll wag my finger but only if you wag your tail and make some ripples! The only altered state you should be "concerned" with is the one that blinds you from real body awareness. Long term tv and computer use is the worst IMHO. The rest is hearsay from naysayers who fear what can not be catagorized or dfined. Be a cup, the water is the cup. Be a saucer, the water is a saucer. Some like it wet.

5L_Ws11qgkM

Edited by Spectrum

Your learning to swim! Great job! Often times complete stillness brings your perception to this point of body mindness. You just waded into the pool where your feeling the basic currents. Welcome. Sensory Isolation can be as simple as sitting in a pool of body temp water. That will induce a dream like biofeedback loop.

Thanks for your response. Can you explain this a bit further, this biofeedback loop? Why this particular experience (and not others), does it mean it's common to all meditators, that they reach this state when the mind is extremely still? Is it something that HAS to happen at a certain stage in meditation?

Sign in to follow this