Sign in to follow this  
bukejian

Applying Dao to the DOW

Any body got any suggestions, or ideas on how to use the Dao to make money? Maybe, using the I-Ching to to forecast the direction of the financial markets might be one way. Any other suggestions? <_<

Bu

Any body got any suggestions, or ideas on how to use the Dao to make money? Maybe, using the I-Ching to to forecast the direction of the financial markets might be one way. Any other suggestions? <_<

Bu

Taiji Push Hands: Whether adhering or moving away, you must be searching for, listening to the opponent's energy at each step of the way (whether the opponent moves an inch or a foot). You must not disregard any part of your interaction. Lure the opponent's advance into emptiness; harmonize with him, then issue power. Adhere, join, stick to and follow the opponent, without letting go or resisting," [that is, follow the opponent on both the vertical and horizontal planes]

The older generation says, "People who practice push-hands live according to the principle of 'neither let go nor resist'." Not letting go means not quitting the opponent's hand. Not resisting means not opposing him. This concept includes adhering and joining on a vertical plane, as well as horizontal sticking and following. Adhering motions belong to the category of "not letting go". Following and joining motions belong to the category of "not resisting". That is to say, when the opponent advances, I follow and join his motion. And if he retreats I adhere to him.

This is the perfect explanation of a Trend Following trading system :D

There is a good story of a guy that traded stocks using all kind of technical indicators etc. One day he was sitting in front of his computer and trading while his little daughter Suzy came over to ask him to play with her.

"Daddy, would you come and play with me a little', she said.

"No, baby, I can't so it right now. The stock I'm trading is loosing money and I can's figure out why. All the indicators say it should go up"

"But it is going down", Suzy said.

"Yes, I know!" her father replied. "But it's not supposed to go down. All the technical analysis says it has to go up".

"I'm just a little girl", Suzy said." I don't really know anything about stocks and all the technical thingies, but all I know is the stock is going down".

Her father looked at her, looked at the computer screen and then started laughing.

The moral of the story: Just like the Dao, go with it, follow it, forget what it's supposed to do, because whatever it's supposed to do, it is doing it right now....

Hope this helps. :)

Control your emotions - equality/equanimity and follow the little girl's advice in smile's story.

I once had a dream to buy gold, so I did. Made a quick $5000. :P

The law of attraction. Dissolve the ego mind. Get in harmony with the Tao, an inexhaustible source of everything. Then learn how to manifest whatever you want. There are a lot of books on the subject. Wayne Dyer's the power of intention is the latest one, and relates well with taoism.

Wayne Dyer on Youtube

Power of Intention

have you had actual consistent repeatable results?

I've had consistent, repeatable results. The key is watching your thoughts just like in meditation but all day long while your active. You dont attract what you want.... but what you ARE! I'm using the law of attraction in every area of my life. First it was money, then finding the love of my life and now its my health.

My 401K just lost a few thousand but I dont care. I might be losing dollar value but I am buying more in quantity right now. Now is the time to buy stocks! Just like now is time to buy a house! The Tao of the Dow is to "buy low and sell high". If the market is at a low point like everyone says then buy, buy and buy some more and look to the long-term. I am looking 20 years down the road personally. I think the market is going to drop to about 5000 by 2011-2012 and I will really be buying then!

I have not followed Dr. Dyer's system yet, but I have tried The Master Key and Life Creation. Both systems involve a considerable amount of work, similar to a cultivation routine. They state that you manifest everything you get in life-good, or bad, by the way you think. You must eliminate negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. I have had limited success, as I slip back into my old pattern if I don't diligently practice the routine. I have concluded that I have deeper issues I must sort through before my ship comes in.

I am going to try The Power of Intention because it has a lot of parallels with Taoism, which I have been working on for a year now.

Actually, I have done some work with both Elliot Wave Theory and Fibonacci Numbers. I tried applying Fibonacci number to the lottery. Although, I never won no big lotteries, I did seem to win more of the $1, $@ $3, $4, prizes. I don't know that either would have any connection to Daoist Theory.

Bu

Actually , I am a big fan of Wayne Dyer. I have several of his audio CDs

Although as I look, It would appear Japanese Candlesticks , seem to have pehaps a yin/yang influence.

I have actually heard of stories of people born and trained in the ability of market sensitivity. There are actually even financial astrologers out there who've been quite consistent in their predictions.

I think with the internet, it's become quite easy to hunt down the Gurus and learn the methods of analysis on the macro level. Long-term investment wise, understanding macro-economics is the key, to me. Mindset and the laws of attraction are definitely important, but understanding of the bigger systems will probably provide more solid results in the long run.

For me it's simple -- all gold until the price is set again by The Powers That Be. I think this time period, from now until 2012-2015, is when the tide of investment capital moves out and everyone will see who has been swimming naked and who has not. I think we will soon discover just how broke all banks and most companies really are, and will be in a few years. Whatever awaits, It's my humble opinion that gold will be the only investment that will provide any kind of return of real value. Gold is God's money for humanity and this will be embraced again.

I attended a dharma talk yesturday by Ven master Chin Kung and his message was simple ... cultivate your virtue and accumulate good deeds and your fortune will naturally grow.

Seems to have worked for him ... I have seen him hand across cheques of up to $1million to charitable organizations.

:D

I've had consistent, repeatable results. The key is watching your thoughts just like in meditation but all day long while your active. You dont attract what you want.... but what you ARE! I'm using the law of attraction in every area of my life. First it was money, then finding the love of my life and now its my health.

wow, cool. congratulations on your success!

if you want to achieve success in something, is desiring it enough? how do you manifest? imagine yourself in the future already having it?

i want to try this.. there isn't anything imparticular that i desire... though except an interesting life with interesting people, but i guess my main thing is finding a really good teacher that is right for me and can lead me to my goal of true state of being. this being my desire, how would I go about manifesting it?

how do you watch for signs that lead you towards that goal? i know that sitting and meditating in my room, visualizing me meeting my teacher, won't lead to a knock on my door.

I have had limited success, as I slip back into my old pattern if I don't diligently practice the routine. I have concluded that I have deeper issues I must sort through before my ship comes in.

i know exactly what you mean. i have so many damn issues :P

Edited by mikaelz

wow, cool. congratulations on your success!

if you want to achieve success in something, is desiring it enough? how do you manifest? imagine yourself in the future already having it?

how do you watch for signs that lead you towards that goal? i know that sitting and meditating in my room, visualizing me meeting my teacher, won't lead to a knock on my door.

:P

This is one way of "asking". A meditation visualizing what you want and you receiving it. Thank the tao for providing it as if you already received it. A good time to do this is before sleeping so your subconscious can work on it while you sleep.

It may not lead to your teacher knocking at your door, but it may send you a "delivery person" who will lead you to your goal. Be on the lookout for these "delivery persons". They can be anyone.

In Taoism trainings, we all know that we cannot use Taoism skills to make money. That is the first rule. Whatever you earn with taoism must be given back to a charity or a temple or something but you cannot put it into your own pockets for your liviing.

I am a temple host here in Toronto hosting a Taoism temple. When people pay for service or FU or anything, the money goes directly to the temple only. If anybody host a temple and use their taoism skills to make money to their own pockets, that is considered a "black store" or a "evil tao" because they are not really sacrifying themselves to help others. In return, you will loose all your money soon or later and become very poor as a payback of karma.

Using I-Ching, fungshui or fortune tellings to make money is very common, but I can tell you most of the people who do this for their living and bring the money into their own pockets ends up having bad luck all the time too. That is the suffer you get from doing this and it's a law of nature. Your are leaking the heavenly confidential info to people by doing this and which means if you accept the money into your own pockets, you accept to intake the person's bad luck and suffer too. In return, they pay you, you get their bad luck and suffer and problems. So that made it a fair trade.

So in conclusion, we do not make money with taoism.

You can make money for the temple if you host one, but the money never goes to yourself. Not for your living or even to survive. It just goes back to the temple itself like running the temple, pay rents, buying stuff for the temple etc,.. but none to the own pockets.

Edit: I erased my post 'cause I didnt want to jinx anything. Here's my best advice... watch THE SECRET and do exactly what it says. It works.

Edited by DarinHamel

Taiji Push Hands:

The older generation says, "People who practice push-hands live according to the principle of 'neither let go nor resist'." Not letting go means not quitting the opponent's hand. Not resisting means not opposing him. This concept includes adhering and joining on a vertical plane, as well as horizontal sticking and following. Adhering motions belong to the category of "not letting go". Following and joining motions belong to the category of "not resisting".

Ha, but this is not the whole story! I really don't like when you get a partial story that kind of twists the meaning. Let's give the full story about push hands. When you do push hands or sticky hands, you behave exactly as Stig describes in order to find an opportunity for energy input. THEN, you DO resist. You then stop following your opponents hands and become unexpectedly rigid or give your opponent a jolt in an unexpected direction, and the opponent flies off.

So it's not the goal of push hands to be in that harmonious movement perpetually. The entire point of that following of your opponents hands is so that you can find an opportunity for attack, and it's not, for example, to get your opponent exhausted or to dance with your opponent in an endless dance. Push hands exercise often comes to a violent end and if you're not ready and willing to emit that violent burst, you might as well not even bother with push hands, at least not for the martial arts purpose. Maybe it would be OK for health purpose, but not OK for martial arts.

In terms of martial application, there is indeed violence there.

Bu

I wouldn't worry about making money. Just focus on good life and let money appear and disappear as is appropriate for the situation. An analogy for this is blood. In order to be healthy your blood must be healthy, but do you try to trick your blood or mess with it in any way? Do you go on a dialysis machine, JUST IN CASE or for "that extra edge in blood cleanliness?" HECK NO! It's absurd. When you are healthy, blood takes care of itself. You worry about moving your body and blood moves automatically.

Money is like blood. You worry about living a good life, and money will move correctly automatically the same way that blood moves correctly and automatically when you lead a good and healthy life style.

Edited by goldisheavy

Bu

rub a happy buddha's tummy and hang a coin (preferably with red) in the money bagua of your home.

Every time I hear those newscasters on TV say,

"And the DOW closed today at xxx"

I think to myself, "Don't those idiots know the Tao never closes?"

Every time I hear those newscasters on TV say,

"And the DOW closed today at xxx"

I think to myself, "Don't those idiots know the Tao never closes?"

Thats funny! The Tao is open 24/7/365 for all your metaphysical needs. And remember! If the Dao don't don't have have it , You don't need it. :lol:

Edited by bukejian

Sign in to follow this