Long Yun

What's up with those pictures?

So what should I do...every time I practice K1, I start to get symptoms of sickness. Tired eyes. Nausea. My intestines are rumbling a lot, and I get a lot of bloating. I get pimples in certain areas. I will wake up feeling really sick.

How can I make this go away?

What makes you think that "making this go away" would ultimately be helpful?

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Why practice if you are uncomfortable with it?

My discomforts far exceeded your own. I went through it because i realized what it ment to me.

It may mean nothing to you at all

being 'serious' is counterproductive.

I had a persistent cold or allergy. It wasn't really like either, but it went on for a while

when all those metals are coming out of the brain, this happens.

I could have taken much better care of my self, but it did not.

I went through it the hard way

The rewards are great and many

Jade Lilly, who are you? you are doing more that asking questions prior to attending a seminar.

You say that you know my three friends that i helped?

FRIENDS. Kunlun is a great big FAMILY. A Utopian community of friends and family.

Are they not your "FRIENDS" these people I have read so much about?

I want to attend a seminar in MAY.

I came here to read a little more about the practice, that's all.

I wanted to know more about what a transmission is. There is a good description of it made by another teacher in this thread but he couldn't verify any of it applied to Kunlun. I'd like to know what it is before I get one.

I'd like to know if the seminar will teach me what to do to get through the worst of it. (Doesn't look like it).

I'd like to be able to take care of myself. I know I can't depend on you or anyone else.

I'd like to know if I will be taught everything I need to know to practice this independently, and if in the event

I should need experienced help I would like to know whether or not it is available.

Questions any concerned shopper would ask.

I'm getting my questions ready for lecture night is what I'm doing here.

Edited by jadelily

Winpro,

Why practice if you are uncomfortable with it?

I don't mean to be too serious sounding...I don't mean to make it sound like you're a bad person or anything, or that this is personal. For me, it's a philosophical/moral issue and has nothing to do with you or myself. Since I kind of don't care about how I seem anymore, I feel totally comfortable just discussing it outright. Without worrying about making it sound less serious. That may be perceived as being mean or something...but really this is about compassion and honesty...

So from the sound of it, you are unable to help me.

I'm uncomfortable with getting sick after practicing, other than that I'm fine. I enjoy K1 a lot and the benefits outweigh the side effects.

These are the kinds of issues people might want to have help with after a seminar, and not be able to get help for. All I'm saying is that morally, I think we have an obligation to make that known to newbies.

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Freeform,

What makes you think that "making this go away" would ultimately be helpful?

Are you serious? No one likes to feel sick. What ultimate purpose could being sick from K1 serve? Besides leading me down the healing path which I'm on now, which causes me to look for ways to "make it go away". :lol:

I think it would be ultimately helpful to find a way to diminish the negative symptoms, so that people could practice as much as they want and get quicker progress.

Winpro,

I am not assuming that anything i say here will help. Nothing that anyone else can say will help.

you can only help you self. There has been a ton of advice offered. Most of it gets ignored. The very best stuff seems silly but it works. It is on this site and on the kunlun site

So because you're unable to help my condition, it should be assumed that I haven't paid attention to all of the advice offered?

This is going to be the last thing I say here: offering help isn't always going to help someone. So it isn't really help. You have to know what you're doing first. The fact is that no one here or on Kunlun forum knows how to effectively help others. It doesn't ever hurt to try, and I do it too...but know your place. And be responsible by being absolutely honest with yourself, in that you don't know enough, and then with others, by telling them that they need to listen to themselves first of all and they might not get decent answers from anyone else.

No offense meant to anyone in the discussion...it was about the principle of it. Peace to all.

Jadelily,

There is no help. You figure it out for yourself...this is why people are going to other places to find what they need. That is the truth, and if anyone tells you otherwise they're being irresponsible.

Very True and you hit the nail!

My discomforts far exceeded your own. I went through it because i realized what it ment to me.

I went through it the hard way ... The rewards are great and many

This seems to suggest: greater the discomfort, greater the hardship, greater the benefit? But this seems contradictory to Kunlun's mission statement. Ratziel Bender speaks at length on the futility of "no pain no gain" approach. :blink:

First, we need to separate healing reactions from other categories of discomfort. I am using an umbrella term discomfort to mean various unpleasant/undesirable experiences one counters during cultivation. Healing reactions are to be expected and a teacher can generally guide the disciple to minimize the suffering during the cleanse period. It does not seem practical to say: You are having healing reactions, just deal with it - and abandon the novice.

And then we make the mistake of mixing up healing reactions with discomfort caused due to various other reasons including incorrect practice, technique etc. This is what can really cause issues. Is it practical to expect a novice to deal with them or even try and distinguish between the two without help from the master? One can certainly talk about higher self, letting the tao take care and all that but the Masters of the Yore rarely prescribed such an approach. Master Nan Huai Chin talks about an example related to the awakening of Kundalini. Most traditions describe intense heat and pain during the awakening and assume these to be the characteristics of the awakening or reactions. But these are simply ill effects of incorrect practice or an incorrect technique where either the shakti is awakened prematurely or forcibly. With some precautions, some tips and some apt guidance from an adept, much of the discomfort can be avoided. I say this out of personal experience. This is probably the reason why those training with Santiago report pleasant experiences. Like Nan says: "Every little bit helps".

Scotty got on this thread advice, seemingly mystic but difficult to follow nevertheless! He was told to smile, throw out fear from kidney, develop faith that Kunlun energy is the ultimate and what not! Except the first advice which is to smile, I don't see anything else that he can practically follow to help himself. All the great masters who I have been fortunate to come across spoke less, spoke clear & crisp words, spoke to the point, and putting their words into practice was possible. Remember, we are not talking about the stage of advaita where the adhyasa is overcome and the brahman is realized as the self - which obviously cannot be expressed sufficiently through words. But instead, we are talking here about energetic phenomena and techniques which effect or actuate them. These are all physical phenomena, no matter how esoteric we try to sound, and can be precisely expressed in words by an adept who has walked the path. Except the state of the final beatitude, where the state of reveling in the Self cannot be expressed in words or thought (on account of the state being devoid of sound, names, forms, energy or vibration), every other state is essentially dualistic, external and thus expressible through sensory agencies.

Edited by dizzydazzle

I'm going to the FREE LECTURE. In spite of everything I have discovered here I WILL GO,

and I will ask MAX directly all the questions I have.

Edited by jadelily

The issues I was having with Kunlun and Red Phoenix was that I was getting too scattered and otherworldly and have been losing motivation in general.

I guess you would make the list too SCOTTY and be NUMBER 4 and

CAMERON hmmmmm ON the list OFF the list ON the list OFF the list.

There are other Kunlun Students that are still practicing but have added KAP.

Others started practicing Kunlun from the book but have stopped. YES I can go back and LINK that

information too if anyone insists but really all I'd like to know is WHAT'S MISSING? What is lacking that sends students off to other teachers and practices? Or what's the SECRET to sticking it out? This information would benefit everyone. I'd like to stick it out.

I don't want to complain about any of this when I'm in it.

Call it a hunch LOL but I don't think it

would go over too well.

Feeling sick is your defense mechanism of something that isnt good for you!

Dont do this practice unless you want to f@ck up your Qi.....

Just sit and be quiet, stillness is better then jumping around, screaming, or throwing your arms around like a goose.

You do this everyday of your lives its time to quiet the mind that is much harder then Kunlun crap!!!

My thoughts....

Ape

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Thanks for trying to help, winpro...maybe soon I will be able to realize what you're saying and it will help.

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Inste4ad of talking in metaphoric alchemical circles lets address these variations of chi syndromes with some practical (and albeit classical) wisdom.

Recognize the metabolic significance of speeding up your chi cycles. Chi gung in a general sense is going to cause some down cycle (cleansing/healing) side effects that need to be countered by proper grounding, stillness, and ultimately adapted to by regulating the lifestyle sources of jing; how you eat, how you breath, and how you move.

After that, practice itself circulates chi, and destiny shen.

To specifically address the negative effects of k1 practice : ground the k1 practice out through your heels. K1 practice is a tiger form, it's counterpart is dragon. Long standing health practices have transmitted this for centuries. What goes up, must come down. This includes sitting and standing variations.

I'll be making a tour circuit soon if anyone wants to cross paths and practice. I'll teach if you'll learn. I'll learn if you teach.

Edited by Spectrum

FRIENDS. Kunlun is a great big FAMILY. A Utopian community of friends and family.

Are they not your "FRIENDS" these people I have read so much about?

I want to attend a seminar in MAY.

I came here to read a little more about the practice, that's all.

I wanted to know more about what a transmission is. There is a good description of it made by another teacher in this thread but he couldn't verify any of it applied to Kunlun. I'd like to know what it is before I get one.

I'd like to know if the seminar will teach me what to do to get through the worst of it. (Doesn't look like it).

I'd like to be able to take care of myself. I know I can't depend on you or anyone else.

I'd like to know if I will be taught everything I need to know to practice this independently, and if in the event

I should need experienced help I would like to know whether or not it is available.

Questions any concerned shopper would ask.

I'm getting my questions ready for lecture night is what I'm doing here.

Man this writing is sooo kewl! It's exactly like a doorway from a secret text that I have were I remembered that I'd studied with Padmasambhava. Man I gotta go find Kusum Lingpa.

Trots off in the direction of the plaza looking for a kachina.....

Oh yeah do more with less and become productive.

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

You all talk about Root Practice I would like to know what Root practice means to you Kunlun people cause to me youn just listening to Max talk and have no idea and then believe anything he says. So what is the root practice?

No fancy poetic post just speak normal please....

Ape

No winpro im not out to do what you think im doing, im asking you to speak normal and answer a question that YOU and MOST KUNLUN say ROOT PRACTICE, Please elaborate on what you call ROOT PRACTICE, what is it, where is it from, what does it do?

Thankyou will be waiting here for reply, thankyou very much....

Ape

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

So... lets suspend our belief for a moment... and expand on this theme...
Sure, tell me what you know!!!

umm sorry to get in the middle for a second, but whats up with the UFO here? Does this usually happen when you practice your moves? :lol:

been curious about it since it was posted :D

Yea, that was f'n COOL! WTF??? Can you summon UFOs with your movements?