Long Yun

What's up with those pictures?

The "Kunun" practice is from Maoshan Pai. This was told to me first by Chris at the last workshop in NJ. Then I asked Sifu Jenny directly about this at her seiminar. Where is this practice from? Sifu Jenny looked me in the eyes and said the practice is from Maoshan.

She also told us the name for the practice is Yi Gong.

Did she study with a master Guo by any chance ?

YM

Really? I only know of one who did the workshop who had problems. I haven't heard much negative from anyone else. Only positive things. I am not counting people on Taobums who have never met Max or Jenny yet feel they are in the position to be critical.

I don't defend Kunlun. It's a spiritual practice. What is there to defend?

Cameron, what about you?

You've written as many negative things regarding Kunlun as positive so have a lot of other Kunlun students.

It's all there in what I've been reading. It is there. You are still not sure of it because you went to another teacher and so have other Kunlun students. There are some posts that you haven't deleted. You do keep defending it and always answer, or tell people to stop talking about it ???????????????????????????????

It's all so

very

very

weird.

I give up it's time to go. Thanks everyone. Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

Can't stop what? the feelings your experiencing? or? curios

Can't stop the feelings.....yes...that I am experiencing when I read through some of the Kunlun posts.....

WOW! Then WHAT? Then WTF?

I keep reading because I am CURIOUS.

I wanted to know what happens to you ALL OF YOU that started practicing this a long time ago. SO I and went way way back.

Some run hot then cold, teeter and totter, back and forth.

FOR it - against it - won't do it anymore.

For some they won't let it go but add another teacher and PILE more on top of MORE. HELL yes I am curious, who wouldn't be. So here I am again to read more and still don't know anything because the answers to the really good questions are STILL in FLUX.

:lol:

Did she study with a master Guo by any chance ?

YM

I didn't ask her teacher's name. She is still doing research into the lineage. She is also writing a book of her own.

Cameron, what about you?

You've written as many negative things regarding Kunlun as positive so have a lot of other Kunlun students.

Really? I don't think that's accurate. Maybe 90% positive and 10% negative :lol:

My main issue after seeing Max was grounding. This isn't an issue any more. I think in my case it just took some time for my body to adjust. And seeing Jenny did help.

That's why in yor case, with all of your doubts coming up and feelings of uncertainty I have reccommended to you to see Jenny.

If you want to take my advice, practice something else for awhile, relax and enjoy life and when/if she does another seminar sign up.

Otherwise I don't really know what else you want from people here.

Good luck

Edited by Cameron

I keep reading because I am CURIOUS.

I wanted to know what happens to you ALL OF YOU that started practicing this a long time ago. SO I and went way way back.

Some run hot then cold, teeter and totter, back and forth.

FOR it - against it - won't do it anymore.

For some they won't let it go but add another teacher and PILE more on top of MORE. HELL yes I am curious, who wouldn't be. So here I am again to read more and still don't know anything because the answers to the really good questions are STILL in FLUX.

My experiences, in a nutshell...positive: very good healing aspect, dont need to work so hard or intently on my beaten up back. stretch about 1/4th as much with (easily) same results as before. some aspects of it keep my sinuses clean and help my eustachian tubes drain. havent had a cold or seasonal allergies since I started the practice. its also subtly 'assisted' other practices that I do, but that has a strong subjective component to it. I have always been calm and laid back, but the quality of it has shifted slightly, although I cant really say exactly how...almost like a deeper sense of awareness. definitely an awareness component, and that's led to being more aware of subtle phenomena, again, a subjective thing. less ego. more sensitive to some things, less to others (with a wide applicability in the term 'things.) that's most of what I can come up with on the spot...I'm purposefully leaving peculiar phenomena out of this, because that is something that is a personal manifestation and what happens for me wont necessarily happen for you.

Cons...every 'personal demon' (bad habit, whatever you want to call them, its more pervasive than just 'bad habit') of mine has come much more strongly to the surface and is no easier to deal with than before, sometimes tougher in cases. I'm pretty sure I'm not done beating them back into submission/oblivion :D at the moment I'm on the less diligently practicing side, if that has anything to do with anything...

as far as for/against etc...for me, the practice resonates. as for anyone else...well, that is a choice for the person in question to make. practices in general 'arent for everyone' so to speak and this one is no different. the 'no choice' aspect for me relates to the personal demons thing I spoke of above...as far as people saying oh, the practice keeps itself going...well, what good practice doesnt? when I practice embryonic breathing diligently, the practice 'practices itself' when I am not practicing, so what's the difference there? you establish a habit and because of that establishing process, aspects of the practice get reinforced. so really, like any practice, there are plenty of benefits as well as some hurdles to jump. its a personal choice as to what resonates with you. do your own homework and figure out which path up the mountain you'd like to take.

'effort' in this practice is almost a misnomer. 'effort' is simply doing the practice with no thought or mental attachment. just about any other definition of 'effort' winds up being counterproductive to the practice! i.e. if you try too hard at kunlun, then you will miss the main thrust of the practice, you might not go any deeper than the first time your legs stop bouncing and simmer down....if you try too hard at red phoenix, you WILL give yourself a bad headache if not worse.

there has been far too much talk about this and imho it has on a large scale detracted, especially the questions of an experiential nature, which words cant accurately convey...i.e. this one law, one vibration thing...it is folly to say any more of it, because its something to experience, not something to discuss. (sure, some discussion between those that have that experiential baseline can be fruitful, but if you do not have the experience, there will ALWAYS be that significant disconnect in any sense of the word 'understanding.') hindrances of this nature along with the detractive comments by people really only wind up serving to confuse and cloud the waters for people that are genuinely interested in the practice. like Spectrum...I realize you're only 'trying to get questions answered' but really...what have you accomplished so far, aside from stating some general dissatisfactions with a set of stuff you do not practice and raising trivial issues with respect to such inane things as how Chris has tried (and subsequently learned, evolved) to market things? (its not like they're getting rich off of this or something, its not like Max wants students...so I've been quietly sitting back here thinking what is the point of this? and as such havent really chimed in, with the exception here of someone asking a relevant question. not a personal dig at you spectrum, you know you're not the only one, so sorry I used you as a general example :) )

its not like they're getting rich off of this or something, its not like Max wants students...

Well, this could be your assumption!

About negative effects:

Kunlun level one (Yi Gong) makes me feel kind of sick. It didn't at first, but over time I have felt worse. It's often said that people don't get colds after starting the practice or doing it for a while. Well for me, and many others whose posts I've read here and on kunlun forum, it's the opposite. I used to never get sick, but after starting, my health diminished and I'd catch colds easier. It can be thought of as purification.

At the same time, there were slight changes in health for the better...so it hasn't been totally bad. I think you're just energizing the central channel, and that causes a certain pattern of healing depending on your disposition. For myself, the pattern of healing hasn't been so enjoyable and caused healing crises. For others, it may be a really quick and painless path.

Everyone's different. But it's good to be clear that some people will get results they don't like, in addition to the ones they love.

It does help to drink tons of water (like a gallon everyday with a little lemon in it), and eat fresh foods. Also, to do less practice or take a break so the body can adjust to the changes.

I've also found that wai qi healing on myself (from Shuichuan), helps balance me out and make the symptoms pretty much go away.

...and Joeblast knows what he's talking about. ;)

Thanks fellas! I'll just read quietly now.

Any other questions I have I'll send through to the

Contact address on the Kunlun Bliss site...

or save for the seminar. :)

Really? I only know of one who did the workshop who had problems.

Ah Cameron...read what Yoda posted today. Not Yoda! Ahhhhhh.

More than one. What's up with this practice...

(Shaking my head - but will go back to reading quietly)

Really? Now I'm curious. If you feel so inclined, would you please elaborate?

Either way, thank you.

Michael :)

Shhhhhhhhh! Can't you see I'm doing my best to read quietly!

Oh! It's Michael...I am deeply honored. :)

My my, so very loquacious are you today.

Join me in my earnest reading and

you'll discover too that there's been more

than one...

Now please, back

to quiet.

:)

My main issue after seeing Max was grounding. This isn't an issue any more. I think in my case it just took some time for my body to adjust. And seeing Jenny did help.

What changed the grounding issue? Has either Max or Jenny spoken to you about wuji? About the psycho physiological implications of wuji?

Otherwise I don't really know what else you want from people here.

Dialog leads to answers. Interplay refines. Here is leads to there.

Guest winpro07

apparent side effects of kl/rp are due mostly to detox of the brain.

RP bring on the detox and internal changes. KL will not make the body sick

though in some body KL can lead spontaneously to internal RP.

What seems like an ongoing cold or allergy. It takes time for the body to heal it's self

The pineal has a non blood brain barrier blood supply and receives a higher volume of blood daily

than the kidneys and so accumulates chemicals quickly. Most people by age 30 have accumulated much metals and chemicals in their heads.

It takes time to go with it. These practices increase magnetic potential and free-up electrochemicals

and other substances bound to tissues in the endocryn system. This means detox.

There are no words that would help to ease through all these changes we have. Each individuals experiences are entirely unique.

KL/RP Dissolves ego.

Freaking out over big internal changes might be expected.

A part of the psychological changes that occur is the permanent release of fears, right up to and including the root fear 'fear of death'. For some persons who have a strong life force, or a strong attachment to life/fear of death this may not seem a very easy thing to do -let go.

Thank you winpro. I enjoy your reflections, they guide towards a grounded practice.

part of the psychological changes that occur is the permanent release of fears, right up to and including the root fear 'fear of death'. For some persons who have a strong life force, or a strong attachment to life/fear of death this may not seem a very easy thing to do -let go.

Here is a rootimentary statement. Repeated ego death produces experiential results. This can happen along a number of different routes. Some short and sweet, others long and bitter.

Edited by Spectrum

Winpro wrote:

KL will not make the body sick

I disagree. I consider healing crises/detox as the body being sick.

People should really know what they're getting into before they decide on what to practice. I'm very grateful that I learned these practices, because the positive effects outweigh the negative...but I think it's important to tell the truth and have everyone be as informed as possible, so they know what lies ahead.

In my view: for some people, KL can provide too much imbalanced healing. They will need to practice less and relax more to ease the negative effects. Maybe try something else in addition...everyone is led towards what they need, so it's all good.

Personally, I "believe" in "aliens," whatever exactly they are. ...Although, I myself am also wary of the "bad" ones too.. In fact, my main ET concern is being able to discern between the ET friends and foes.

So... lets suspend our belief for a moment... and expand on this theme...

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

The alchemy has to literally be seen. KL by its self wont cause harm. When you 'see' the alchemy and the root and the cauldron these things start to make sense. A good question is "what is kunlun energy? knowing it's nature is knowing it won't cause harm.

Winpro & Others,

Lets take a look, so we can all see clearly what it is we're talking about. What is Kunlun energy? Lets start with the facts. Kunlun is a mountain range in china.

Kunlun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun

If we're going to ask what is Kunlun energy, we have to ask what is Wudang energy? Following up there is Pangu. Zhongnan energy? Song Shan? Tai Shan? Hua Shan? Heng Shan? or even ... Wu Tai? Emei Shan? Putuo Shan? .,.. So again what is Kunlun energy?

You see; there are other mountains and ranges in China as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Moun...ranges_of_China

I'm getting tired of talking around the things that actually matter while other gurus shifus and "enlightened" mutherfuckers are "selling" forms of art.

There are other people on this forum who have taken the time and effort to experience and its a product of effort. (gung) If people want to know they will figure it out. It's right in front of them, and it's all around the world. Go for a walk. What you looking for is right between your legs. When you tune your instrument you can play any song you need. Be free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_psychology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_geodesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodetic_system

Pie Whole Closed

xPTucJRSBaE

Edited by Spectrum