Long Yun

What's up with those pictures?

Well, like most on this forum, I've at least looked into Kunlun to see what it's about. I was considering doing it just over a year ago, but when I saw those pictures on the book page, I just lost all trust in that system. I know that a lot of people have had really good experiences with Kunlun, but does anyone really think those pictures are real? Has anyone seen him "emitting light" in person?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to say that Kunlun is bogus or not. And I'm not trying to undermine anyone's experiences. Others have already done that in other posts, and that's not why I'm asking. So keep comments related strictly to the photo please.

I myself read through the several hundred posts on the Tao Bums when I was interested in Kunlun, everything I could find about the system and Max. I've heard that he has had brain scans done on him by the military that shows some pretty interesting things, but that's just what I heard from someone who made a post on the forum about what he saw Max carrying at a seminar once, so take that as you will.

The funny thing about Kunlun is that I heard a lot about it, but I figured that I would wait on trying it, and instead do some other stuff, I've got a lot on my plate now, so I figured I'd finish that before moving on to the next thing. But every once in a while something pops up, either on the forum or in my own study, and I think, "that sounds like what they do in Kunlun....." :lol:

So every once in a while I get this strong urge to check it out, but then I figure I should deal with what's in front of me now, and see how that works out, then move on. (I'm working through B.K. Frantzis' books, and I'm still debating whether or not to work through some of Mantak Chia's stuff, before I get to Kunlun).

Well, like most on this forum, I've at least looked into Kunlun to see what it's about. I was considering doing it just over a year ago, but when I saw those pictures on the book page, I just lost all trust in that system. I know that a lot of people have had really good experiences with Kunlun, but does anyone really think those pictures are real? Has anyone seen him "emitting light" in person?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to say that Kunlun is bogus or not. And I'm not trying to undermine anyone's experiences. Others have already done that in other posts, and that's not why I'm asking. So keep comments related strictly to the photo please.

I know 2 people that trained with MAX back in the day in Hawaii. And they did his Thunder breath work with him. Both of them in the dark can Glow.

I learned a similar method from Dr. Morris and if you look at my avatar pic you will see my hands "Glow". My teacher and I frequently will have moments of "Glow" in the dark or emit "light" in day time. Its common when folks carry and move a lot of "Juice" and when the Aura is awakened and Vibrant.

Most people that have a real Kundalini Awakening tend to Glow around the body and eminate a slight "Halo".

One of my Wing Chun teachers that also is from a secret Taoist lineage can also make himself REALLY glow in the day time. I have seen his hands glow as if he had a GREEN flare in his palms. It was not illusion many of us saw it at dinner as we all sat and he passed a transmission to my hands.

Hatsumi Sensei tends to Glow.

I do not doubt that Max can Glow.

Cameras, video and still ones tend to pick up bioenergy well.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

I learned a similar method from Dr. Morris and if you look at my avatar pic you will see my hands "Glow"

Some cameras also have flash enabled :P

Joking, joking, no offense meant, don't hurt me!!!! :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Haha 1

I know 2 people that trained with MAX back in the day in Hawaii. And they did his Thunder breath work with him. Both of them in the dark can Glow.

I learned a similar method from Dr. Morris and if you look at my avatar pic you will see my hands "Glow". My teacher and I frequently will have moments of "Glow" in the dark or emit "light" in day time. Its common when folks carry and move a lot of "Juice" and when the Aura is awakened and Vibrant.

Most people that have a real Kundalini Awakening tend to Glow around the body and eminate a slight "Halo".

One of my Wing Chun teachers that also is from a secret Taoist lineage can also make himself REALLY glow in the day time. I have seen his hands glow as if he had a GREEN flare in his palms. It was not illusion many of us saw it at dinner as we all sat and he passed a transmission to my hands.

Hatsumi Sensei tends to Glow.

I do not doubt that Max can Glow.

Peace

Santiago

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that "glowing" isn't possible. I think it happens in people with great attainment, but my question is just regarding the photos of Max on the kunlun site. I don't think those photos are real, and this raises two possibilities:

1) Max is the real deal, but he put up doctored photos in order to appeal to a wider audience

2) Max is not the real deal, and put up doctored photos in order to trick us into thinking he is

Since I've heard rave reviews from those who have practiced with Max, I have to admit that he probably is at least some kind of master of some types of internal techniques (whether or not these lead to enlightenment, I can't say). Assuming the photos are real, they're obviously not definitive proof of anything (or I would not be raising this question in this thread) so why use them for advertising?

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that "glowing" isn't possible. I think it happens in people with great attainment, but my question is just regarding the photos of Max on the kunlun site. I don't think those photos are real, and this raises two possibilities:

1) Max is the real deal, but he put up doctored photos in order to appeal to a wider audience

2) Max is not the real deal, and put up doctored photos in order to trick us into thinking he is

Since I've heard rave reviews from those who have practiced with Max, I have to admit that he probably is at least some kind of master of some types of internal techniques (whether or not these lead to enlightenment, I can't say). Assuming the photos are real, they're obviously not definitive proof of anything (or I would not be raising this question in this thread) so why use them for advertising?

Well, here's what someone told me about Max and the marketing.

Max really is the real deal, but there's another guy that does a lot of the web site editing and who controls a lot of what goes out there (such as a lot of descriptions of what Kunlun is, some of Max's background). I think he used to post here, but I don't think I've seen him around, I forget what his user name was. But the thing is, I was told that he has a certain flair when it comes to marketing and describing Kunlun. Maybe it's not what people are looking for, but it's to draw in a big crowd.

So maybe that involves showing certain photos, maybe that involves describing certain practices and certain teachers in a certain way, maybe that involves being vague on certain facts to increase the mystique and boost the hype... but that's just some marketing to get people in the door. What makes people stay (and as you can tell, many people do stay), is the reality of the practices.

At least, that is what I am told, I'll find out when (or if?) I ever get around to it myself :)

I do kunlun and I like it, but I wish they'd change the advertising on the website, its so over the top. It invites criticisms.

Are the lights in the picture real? I don't know, it does seem awfully bright <_< . I find Kunlun to be a simple powerful method. You sit in a chair and it activates a spontaneous chi gung movement that tends to clear people out.

Most people who've tried it, like it. But I think the advertising is poorly done IMHO, over sell, worse trying to sell the man and not the method, which is always a mistake.

Michael

side tracking

When you're going to join a dojo, its better to look at the upper rank students then the sensei, because ofcourse the teacher is going to be excellent, but can he teach it? Max's top students are very good, they have juice and they're good people. So if you're interested, don't let the video's and pictures stop you, they almost did me. I'm glad I took a kunlun seminar, the kunlun technique is an important piece of my practice.

Well, based on the info here, I think I'll hold of on Kunlun, at least for a while. I don't think that Max is some evil conartist, and I don't think that you kunluners out there are stupid for doing a practice that works. I just think I'll steer clear of this for a while and continue with what I have been. Still, I can't help but find this stuff just a little interesting. :lol: At least it's gotten good reviews from those who've tried it.

Follow your inner feeling. I saw those pictures before my first workshop with Max and found it interesting.

Then I met Max and had my own experiences and those pictures aren't too big a deal after seeing Max a few times. I agree the marketing might be a little too much. I don't have a problem with it but have heard other's who do.

Sifu Jenny, who I would consider the other prominent teacher of Kunlun in the United States, doesn't advertise at all. So if the marketing turns you off you might consider seeing her to learn the practice.

Personally, I think they are both wonderful. But if it really bother's you and your still interested in learning from a Master I would highly reccommend seing Sifu Jenny.

Cam

Those pics of his light is not from Kunlun its from his tibetan practices I believe as I saw footage of him at a seminar in Hawwaii before he was even doing training with Jenny. I could be wrong!!!

That being said I finished my training today and took a pic of myself and im emerged in White light I might add this here.

Ape

Those pics of his light is not from Kunlun its from his tibetan practices I believe as I saw footage of him at a seminar in Hawwaii before he was even doing training with Jenny. I could be wrong!!!

That being said I finished my training today and took a pic of myself and im emerged in White light I might add this here.

Ape

Please do! I'd be very interested to see it. I don't think I'm at a radiating level yet, haha :lol: Just finally being able to really sit in total stillness, so now the real fun starts.

Peace

Santiago

Cool, could you take a picture of your hands in a darker room or environment so we can see the glow more vividly? :)

I learned a similar method from Dr. Morris and if you look at my avatar pic you will see my hands "Glow".

This is so weak ... in more than one sense. You can't be serious, man. You MUST know that your avatar picture is totally useless as a proof to what you say.

I, too, am inclined to say that Dr. Morris is a professional photographer. :lol: Then again, if you were learning from a professional photographer, you'd probably not use such crappy hardware. :P

This is so weak ... in more than one sense. You can't be serious, man. You MUST know that your avatar picture is totally useless as a proof to what you say.

I, too, am inclined to say that Dr. Morris is a professional photographer. :lol: Then again, if you were learning from a professional photographer, you'd probably not use such crappy hardware. :P

that is right its fake i don't know what i am doing : )

Thanks for the photo but

why does the glow originate from there? :huh:

Pak tends to have these Huge Orbs around him or "Mist" whenever he sends out blessings

Such a disrespectful individual. Varj has many students on this forum who can vouch for him. Why the insults?

Pak tends to have these Huge Orbs around him or "Mist" whenever he sends out blessings

oh ok, i was looking for a glow around the hands or head like a halo. Do you have one of those? :)

And the orbs just energy or spirits?

Such a disrespectful individual. Varj has many students on this forum who can vouch for him. Why the insults?

You call that an insult?! :lol: ... An insult takes two people, and Varj handled it pretty nicely. :) It wasn't meant to be an insult.

Seriously, this is getting weird. When seeing the pictures posted, I got the feeling that this thread, shortly after its beginning, turned into a hilarious, well-disguised inside joke. Or maybe it's just a mess, because someone already did confuse two people.

I mean... are we still discussing the authenticity of photos of glowing phenomena here?

Please make my perplexity go away. :huh:

Edited by Hardyg