WhiteTiger

Correlations Element Systems

Alright I'm looking up to all the extremely respectable TTBs that has had experiences with Multipule practices on a more in depth note.

What Correlations you find with Chakras Elements (Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Eather) and Taoist explaination of the 5 Elements shown through the Wu Xing.

A few sites I thought might be a little helpful for looking at purposes just to help begin the conversation

Wiki Wu Xing Link

Wiki explaination on Greek+Buddhism Elements

Detailed information of representations of Chakras

(Note: Please Enjoy the links provided as they don't have to much reading involved and lots of condensed information of Wu Xing Charts and Chakras. Understand Wiki isn't always helpful in the reading it does give but the charts and those theories conveyed are priceless imo.)

Edited by WhiteTiger

Bump... common I'm actually interested peoples experiences and practices here.

Can anyone describe the feeling of the fire as it applies to the Chakra system in Chan Buddhism and the feeling of fire as it applies to the 5 elements in TCM?

I have done alot of kundalini yoga and tantric mantra meditation. In my experience, the hindu elements and the taoist elements are very different. I think there can be a superficial correlation like this.

T=Taoist H=Hindu

T wood - expands - H ether

T wood is liver, H ether is throat.

T metal - contracts - H air

T Metal is lungs - H air is lungs/heart

T Fire - Rises - H Fire

T Fire is heart/ Shen - H Fire is digestive Fire of Navel

T water - descends - H water - sexual center

T water is kidneys - H water is sexual fluids

T earth - centers - H earth

T stomach spleen - H root chakra

There is some obvious correlation, but the two systems cannot be transposed on top of one another easily. There are also inconsistencies in the Hindu system that don't work in the Taoist system. In my experience, the Hindu system is more mental and psychological. Taoist is more... I can't put it into words... but very different...

Thanks for writing some stuff on this, Fiveelementtao.

I appreciate taking the time to write on this subject post.

In my experience, I'm not so sure as Fire rises... but rather expands (at least in my experience... it also rises... i guess thats why you said its a superficial correlation)

But thank you for posting... This already has helped me after reading it a few minutes ago.

I have done alot of kundalini yoga and tantric mantra meditation. In my experience, the hindu elements and the taoist elements are very different. I think there can be a superficial correlation like this.

T=Taoist H=Hindu

T wood - expands - H ether

T wood is liver, H ether is throat.

T metal - contracts - H air

T Metal is lungs - H air is lungs/heart

T Fire - Rises - H Fire

T Fire is heart/ Shen - H Fire is digestive Fire of Navel

T water - descends - H water - sexual center

T water is kidneys - H water is sexual fluids

T earth - centers - H earth

T stomach spleen - H root chakra

There is some obvious correlation, but the two systems cannot be transposed on top of one another easily. There are also inconsistencies in the Hindu system that don't work in the Taoist system. In my experience, the Hindu system is more mental and psychological. Taoist is more... I can't put it into words... but very different...