Sign in to follow this  
baloneyx

Juice!

Ok so I love juice :D, but now I am faced with the question of which type is better?

From what I googled, I found people saying different things, I couldn't really make a choice on which side was right =/

Some say concentrate is better because since it liquid content is taken out and stuff it can last longer without preservatives.

Others say the process of taking away the water takes out the juices nutrients too.

And then there's the group that says they're pretty much the same..

So with many health conscious people here maybe someone can enlighten me on what the truth of the matter is?

Should I pay that extra buck for the supposed real deal, or is the concentrate version just as good if not better!? :blink:

thanks

Depends on how it's made. Commercial, pasteurized juices aren't gonna be much different in quality whether from concentrate or not. You get a pretty much lifeless product.

Some high quality products can be concentrated without losing much life energy - traditional methods of freezing and drying do just that.

Best to do your own juicing of fresh, organic produce.

-Karen

All that freshness, and then they pasteurize the life out of it, and it's not much more than a sugar drink.

Squeezing citrus juice is really so simple, doesn't need a high power juicer, and not more involved than other kinds of food preparation. I have a nice electric (Braun, I think) citrus juicer, cleans up in a jiffy.

Edited by karen

All that freshness, and then they pasteurize the life out of it, and it's not much more than a sugar drink.

Squeezing citrus juice is really so simple, doesn't need a high power juicer, and not more involved than other kinds of food preparation. I have a nice electric (Braun, I think) citrus juicer, cleans up in a jiffy.

:o You saying tropicana is just the same then?

And yeah I know, but just being in there annoys me. The lack of consideration for the rest of the people who share the kitchen is unbelievable. I just got tired of taking out the trash and cleaning to see it get dirty again =/

Though come to think of it theres no reason I cant juice them in my own room :D

You should make your own juice fresh.

Yep... For SURE! Best advice in this manor.

Although there was a little health fad that claims you shouldn't drink juice. The idea/theory behind it is everything should be eatin in its whole form. So if your looking for apple juice, just eat an apple.

(Honestly... When i eat an orange i eat the skin with it... although i only sometimes eat them and they are organically grown from a good local farmers market... and even then its slightly questionable how nutrient rich our grown food has really become... I believe you can learn about Hydroponics)

Depends on how it's made. Commercial, pasteurized juices aren't gonna be much different in quality whether from concentrate or not. You get a pretty much lifeless product.

You mean its not gunna be much different in quality from your experience and knowledge in the matter.

Why would one take out the water that accures naturally in the juice... then add our own distilled water...?

Why do we do extra process to it? I don't think there is a good reason to change the form of our juices before eatting them... for that matter changing the form in any way by doing a process which can potientally be destructive to its organic form... This is where getting into biochem/orangic chem comes into play. To understand the molecular structure of something (and the process it goes through our body when its absorbed together) before its changes through a process.

Some high quality products can be concentrated without losing much life energy - traditional methods of freezing and drying do just that.

But Karen what about the stuff we don't know through our own science currently? You base things on what we do know but not factoring what we don't know... I'm not saying to be paranoid, but to question! Questioning is always a good thing.

Most scientists are accustom to the fact that they can only base things on what they do know... While this is true functionally... this is also can be a way to nagate the disagreement that you should always question. Would you like to understand things better... or be kind of knowledgeable in many areas (I don't wanna say dumb has to much of a bad connotation but thats basically what i'm getting at)

(Disclaimer: just because I'm using your quote Karen... doesn't mean in any way I'm calling you or anyone else dumb. I also acknowledge that you most likely know many more things then me.)

Yep I agree...

Tropicana, tastes better then most juices... it is your best bet... Although that doesn't mean their pasteurizing isn't better then others... They just one of the bigger markets label names out there sold in grocery stores...

You wouldn't believe how hard it was, cooking all of your own food... making all of your own food and going out of your way to get farmer market foods in an area that's about an hour away from the farmer markets stuff... 3 times a week at the least just to make your own produce... on top of that trying to get it all organic oh man the stuff i did in the past...

Although I'll tell you what... I felt more grounded then i ever did in my whole life eating that way cooking like that and so forth. Man that felt good I should start getting back to that kind of stuff now that I'm reminiscing about it.

Thanks for the post white tiger, all I can say is that they take out the water for the sake of transporting more juice content for less money.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was, cooking all of your own food... making all of your own food and going out of your way to get farmer market foods in an area that's about an hour away from the farmer markets stuff... 3 times a week at the least just to make your own produce... on top of that trying to get it all organic oh man the stuff i did in the past..."

That is what I call determination to be healthy! :blink: *bow*

But Karen what about the stuff we don't know through our own science currently? You base things on what we do know but not factoring what we don't know... I'm not saying to be paranoid, but to question! Questioning is always a good thing.

Sure, but I think you're assuming that I'm basing my statment on what material science knows, which dismisses the subtle energy quality of foods. We can use scientific method (direct, objective observation) to look at the non-material aspect, but we don't need to get trapped in the limitation of material science.

It kind of doesn't work to say we can know what we don't know :D , but I would say we can know what is beyond the limits of material science even when their means of measurement can't go there.

So in that light, if that's okay with you :) , I would say that concentrating and drying foods such as green food powders (spirulina, chlorella, etc.) can actually concentrate the orgone energy (which enables hydrogen transfer in the cell) in a way that makes it more available.

There are traditional methods of processing foods that have been practiced by traditional cultures all over the world, where people intuitively knew that certain natural processes actually enhance the life force in the food. For example - fermentation, soaking, sprouting, drying. And foods were dried or concentrated for storage, so that they could be available longer.

Nature doesn't always give us access to everything we need in its original form - we can use our own creative reason to enhance it, without compromising it as industrial processing does.

Nature packages foods as a synergistic whole, and we usually don't want to fractionate that. But also we use foods in different ways - it's one thing to eat a proper amount of fruits and vegetables each day. But what if you need a bit more of the effects of those foods for healing than you can eat? Often when people need healing they can't digest the whole foods very well, so the juices and broths can be important there.

I think it's not a matter of deciding whether juice is good or not in general, but when, and for who, and for what purpose - then we can use different forms of foods consciously for specific purposes.

Actually, a seed itself is an example of how nature concentrates life energy. We don't always have to wait for the plant to grow - we can eat the seed too, when we want that kind of concentration. Hemp seeds are great when you want a concentrated vegetarian protein. Good for all blood types.

Sure there's a lot we don't know, but I think meantime we can look at the energetic qualities of the foods that have been observed for ages.

Karen

Edited by karen

Thanks for your post Karen...

Very Insightful.

I didn't mean to arouse a disagreement or anything like that.

I guess in a wrong way I was just trying to point out what about the things we don't know... even in the materiel world, we know so very little.

I think it's not a matter of deciding whether juice is good or not in general, but when, and for who, and for what purpose - then we can use different forms of foods consciously for specific purposes.

I 100% totally agree!

Another alternative to juice is to make a blend using high powered blender. I have the Total Blender and it brakes the cell walls of anything you blend for easy digestion, and even brakes seeds in citrus fruit, or even little seeds in raspberries/blackberries. Add little spinach and honey to the blend of fruit and you have a super snack.

Thanks for the post white tiger, all I can say is that they take out the water for the sake of transporting more juice content for less money.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was, cooking all of your own food... making all of your own food and going out of your way to get farmer market foods in an area that's about an hour away from the farmer markets stuff... 3 times a week at the least just to make your own produce... on top of that trying to get it all organic oh man the stuff i did in the past..."

That is what I call determination to be healthy! :blink: *bow*

Oh please... Don't bow... there is no need.

I just really believe

When there is a will there is a way.

You can enjoy juice for its taste but i'm not sure whether it is such healthy product.

Normally you would eat a pound of fruit a day. A pound of fruit will produce a cup of juice. I would say that when you drink a cup of juice a day that could be healthy. Anything beyond that could actually adversly affect body.

I guess in a wrong way I was just trying to point out what about the things we don't know... even in the materiel world, we know so very little.

Not wrong.. I took your post to be a healthy questioning :) . Stimulated some creative thinking, a good thing!

Edited by karen

Oh please... Don't bow... there is no need.

I just really believe

When there is a will there is a way.

True, but not many would have such strong will :D

I will have more than 1 cup a day if I got juice at home, I hope it's not having a negative effect... I just like drinking something with some extra flavour B)

Over doing juice seems pretty safe - as vit. C -just gets "drained" away anyhow - I don't think anyone can OD on Vit. C... but Vit. A is different as well as other nutrients...I sense that the "excess" is actually cleansing even if it is tough on the systems...

I will have more than 1 cup a day if I got juice at home, I hope it's not having a negative effect... I just like drinking something with some extra flavour B)

Feel free to drink whatever you like... just advice... You don't have to follow it. Although I would personally claim it would be better... Juice is fine... it would be drastically better if you made your own though... Not to much work if you add fruit to your shopping list.

True, but not many would have such strong will :D

At the time I did that... certain situational things that allowed it easier to have such a strong will.

Really its not that I'm something special... or i had such ability, although the experience was a extremely great and self empowering feeling that was indescribable.

Edited by WhiteTiger

Sign in to follow this