froggie

seaweed recipes

i was just wondering if people would like to share really good seaweed recipes

Try a DLT! Flatten out some dulse and toast it gently in a cast iron skillet, just enough oil to coat the bottom lightly. Use the toasted dulse instead of bacon in a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. I put a little omelet in the sandwich as well, and if you happen to have a few lovage leaves from your garden... Yum!

Arame salad, with carrots and sesame seeds, dressed with sesame oil, rice vinegar and tamari is also wonderful.

Both of these are pretty easy for folks new to eating seaweed.

Anybody else?

No, just drooling over that arame/carrot salad. That's my favorite. A few drops of toasted sesame oil...mmmm...

I sometimes put some kombu in the pot of whatever soup I'm making, but that's not nearly as fun.

We toast a lot of Nori here, it's very fast, buy sheets of sushi nori, brush on some nutritional oil or sesame oil, a bit of soy sauce, cut it into smaller strips with kitchen scissors and stick it in the oven for the briefest time, just to slightly crisp it up, then eat it. Lots of kids actually love the stuff too.

stirfry fish fillet chunks (white or 'blue' fish) with sliced shiitake, lotus root, soysprouts, hijiki seaweed or seaweed mix, scallion or garlic greens, paprika (bell pepper) and oystersauce and a little bit of oil, plenty of sauce to dip sticky jasmine rice in.

Red hot pepper sauce as condiment.

Lettuce, cucumber and pickles on the side.

Edited by froggie